• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Congrats ndubs!

Thanks mom. I have finally received my 2NL. Now I will be waiting for my number to go current. If it does, how long does it take for them to process DV fee and return the receipt?

Thanks again.

I got the DV fee payment receipt in 3 weeks, sometime in February, so I agree that 2-4 weeks it's a safe bet.
When did you submit your DS-260? I'm still waiting for the 2NL, as I submitted DS-260 on Oct 16th.

Hoping to get current in May.
2015EU31xxx

Hi everyone, I've been selected for dv 2015. My husband and I are both living here in the US on F-1 visa, so we are planning to do AOS. From what I understand is we have to both file I-485 but do we also need to file I-130?

DV based AOS is self petition, no I-130 is required. Please go through the first post on page 1 of this thread to find the link to the AOS spreadsheet which will give you the needed guidance for filing a DV based AOS petition.

Congrats ndubs!

Thanks mom. I have finally received my 2NL. Now I will be waiting for my number to go current. If it does, how long does it take for them to process DV fee and return the receipt?

Thanks again.

Could be anywhere between 1 to 8 weeks.

Hello all, I had my interview today at NYC FO and here is how it went down:

1)Arrived 20 mins prior to interview time and it took about 20 mins to ge through security so I was in the waiting room at exactly 10.30am (appt time)

2)My number was called about 1 hour and 20 mins later, followed the officer into his office and could see my file on his desk

3)I just waited for him to start, he asked to see the following things:

- Passport
- Birth certificate
- Education certificate (he asked for degree, I pointed out I had both high school and degree with me so I gave both)
- He asked when did I last enter the USA?
- Have I ever been arrested?

While he asked the last question he was also writing in my passport and honestly I have no idea what it says it's a scribble to me - did anyone else have a similar thing where they wrote in the passport during this interview and what did they write?

Then he said, ok everything looks good and you should receive the card in about a month! I thanked him and he showed me out.

I was very nervous and it lasted literally 3-4 mins..and the feeling of relief is like no other. It goes without saying that this would never have been possible without the advice and help from Mom and Simon, the advice you give us is priceless and I am truly eternally grateful to you guys, I can't say it enough!:):)

@Kk99 I would suggest to keep going for the infopasses and I'm sure your letter will turn up soon, if it hasn't already!!

Since you can't say thank you enough, feel free to send me one of these once you've received your physical GC in the mail ;)

the-most-expensive-wines-in-the-world.jpg

Since you can't say thank you enough, feel free to send me one of these once you've received your physical GC in the mail ;)

the-most-expensive-wines-in-the-world.jpg
LOL I think I would be setting a dangerous precedent if I did that, who knows what Simon will ask for next!! :p:DAnd I was about to say let's calm down now I didn't hit the lottery but then I did so I can't even get away with that, even if it's a different type of lottery lol:rolleyes:

1)Arrived 20 mins prior to interview time and it took about 20 mins to ge through security so I was in the waiting room at exactly 10.30am (appt time)

2)My number was called about 1 hour and 20 mins later, followed the officer into his office and could see my file on his desk

- Passport
- Birth certificate
- Education certificate (he asked for degree, I pointed out I had both high school and degree with me so I gave both)

While he asked the last question he was also writing in my passport and honestly I have no idea what it says it's a scribble to me - did anyone else have a similar thing where they wrote in the passport during this interview and what did they write?

Then he said, ok everything looks good and you should receive the card in about a month! I thanked him and he showed me out.

I was very nervous and it lasted literally 3-4 mins..and the feeling of relief is like no other. It goes without saying that this would never have been possible without the advice and help from Mom and Simon, the advice you give us is priceless and I am truly eternally grateful to you guys, I can't say it enough!:):)

@Kk99 I would suggest to keep going for the infopasses and I'm sure your letter will turn up soon, if it hasn't already!!

Congratulations @ndubs
I had my Field Officer put a stamp on my passport (a TEMPORARY I-551 stamp valid for 1 year; just in case if I need to travel/work before Permanent resident card arrives) and wrote date Temporary resident card issued and A#... number on it. I guess that's should be the thing written on your passport also, but not sure if anything else was scribbled in yours.
Enjoy your green status

- Passport
- Birth certificate

Congrats.
I just had my appointment too, mine was in Los Angeles. My travel and wait time were a bit longer, but from that point it was similar, approx 3-4 minutes. I was at the office at 10:30, I got stamped in at 11:30, they checked me in at 12:30, and got called at 1:30pm. The appointment was supposed to be at 1:15pm. The lady asked for my passport, drivers license, selection letter, high school diploma and bachelor's degree. She asked if I was married, had kids, had ever been arrested or been to jail. Then she said she would order the card and it will take a month to get it. She also told me not to travel for the time being. Since I left the building I have received two texts, card production was ordered and now card is in production.
Thanks for everyone, especially @Sm1smom and @Britsimon. Unfortunately, I cannot send you guys a $300k Chateau Cheval, but I am sending positive waves :)

Oh, just so I understand, when will I officially lose my H1B and have to inform my employer?

Congrats.
I just had my appointment too, mine was in Los Angeles. My travel and wait time were a bit longer, but from that point it was similar, approx 3-4 minutes. I was at the office at 10:30, I got stamped in at 11:30, they checked me in at 12:30, and got called at 1:30pm. The appointment was supposed to be at 1:15pm. The lady asked for my passport, drivers license, selection letter, high school diploma and bachelor's degree. She asked if I was married, had kids, had ever been arrested or been to jail. Then she said she would order the card and it will take a month to get it. She also told me not to travel for the time being. Since I left the building I have received two texts, card production was ordered and now card is in production.
Thanks for everyone, especially @Sm1smom and @Britsimon. Unfortunately, I cannot send you guys a $300k Chateau Cheval, but I am sending positive waves :)

Oh, just so I understand, when will I officially lose my H1B and have to inform my employer?

Congratulations. You are no longer an H1B - you are an LPR. As to when you have to inform your employer - that is your call - although in theory it is worth informing them of the change in work authorization. If I were you I would wait until you have the "fantastic plastic" in your hand (which will probably be faster than the IO told you.

Congratulations @ndubs
I had my Field Officer put a stamp on my passport (a TEMPORARY I-551 stamp valid for 1 year; just in case if I need to travel/work before Permanent resident card arrives) and wrote date Temporary resident card issued and A#... number on it. I guess that's should be the thing written on your passport also, but not sure if anything else was scribbled in yours.
Enjoy your green status

Thanks! Hmm I was looking at it again, this is what I can make out, it has yesterday's date, my Alien #, it says I485 and after this no clue, something that may say DOB, See EAD and then scribble or DU6 Sec E...scribble..

Though I don't know if I am getting happy prematurely as I have not received any updates so far to the status, still says Fingerprint fee etc..at what point should I start to worry if there is still no update, a week or 2 weeks?

Last edited:
Congrats.

Congrats finally! :)

I got the DV fee payment receipt in 3 weeks, sometime in February, so I agree that 2-4 weeks it's a safe bet.
When did you submit your DS-260? I'm still waiting for the 2NL, as I submitted DS-260 on Oct 16th.

Hoping to get current in May.
2015EU31xxx

It is a bit long. I have submitted mine in Feb 14th 2015. Make sure it is not in your spam.

Congrats to all those who have gone through. My progress has been painstakingly frustrating and nerve wracking. My A-file is yet to leave TSC to the field office. I solicited assistance from my Congressman's office, yet TSC keeps assuring that A-file has been mailed to field office two weeks ago. I made a 5-hour infopass trip to follow-up only to be informed that file is yet to arrive so go home and wait. This is very very frustrating. Just don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Oh, now I get it. It's possible the reason for the new biometric notice has to do with inability to read the first set of prints they took took before, they've asked people now and then to redo the biometric because of that, so it's important you redo the biometric as requested.

Yep, the grace period should still be applicable if for some wacky reason your AOS petition gets denied (assuming you've not used a DV based EAD card to take up an offer of employment in the interim or travelled out of the US and used the AP card to return while your petition is pending).

Hi mom!

I went to the ASC and was sent back home after three minutes because they realized that it was a mistake. ):

In addition, I am aware that the waiting period for the interview letter varies for each field office... but I was wondering when would be a good time to sign up for an Infopass?
Since I did my biometrics in Jan and it's only been a little more than a month, it's a little too early?

Thank you again!