• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Dear all
It's nice to see ppl helping each other on this forum ...
I have already got an interview date for February 2nd on the interview letter it says only to bring a state I.D , passport n a the interview letter. I only included the basic stuff on the uscis website in my I-485 ( I didn't know any thing about this awesome forum at that time
:( ) can I take all the other documents for the interview ?
Pls let me know ...thank u again

Yes you can. You're actually expected to attend your interview with everything and anything you can think of that could possibly help your case. Of course it doesn't mean they will necessarily ask for everything you may end up going with, but you want to be best prepared.

Happy (belated) new year everyone! I made the payment of the $330 DV fee, on Dec 3rd 2014, to the US department of state but still haven't received the receipt/confirmation that it has been received. Is that normal? While there's a possibility that I might have messed up the address or the post office lost my mail, I'm more worried that I submitted this too early (or without fulfilling some requirements). My number is AS75** and I won't be current for a while and at this point I've only filed the DS 260.

My another query is regarding travel. I might have to travel outside the country sometime around June (I'll possibly be current around June/July). Could that be a problem? If so what steps should I take?

Thanks in advance!

It typically takes about 4-6 weeks to get back the receipt, so the delay is quite normal - you're may take a bit longer of course because of the holidays.

If you travel outside of the US after submitting your AOS package without an approved AP card, your petition will be denied as you would be deemed to have abandoned the petition, unless you currently possess a dual intent visa such as H1/L1 in which case you can travel out without an AP card.

Hello everyone, please i have questions.
1) today i received an email from kcc with two attachmentS, the adjustment letter(which start by thank you for informing us your intention....) and DV fee paid receipt, what does that mean?
2)can i still email them to change from AOS to CP? my CN is 2015AF71XXX
3) does that that mean that i have successfully filled the ds-260?
4) Also, do you think my number will even become current? i am a scared
thank you everyone for your help

1. It means KCC is confirming/acknowledging your decision to process AOS

2. Yes

3. Not necessarily. They would have sent it even if you did not correctly fill the form.

4. I don't know

I'm preparing myself for my interview later this month. If my application is approved, would I have to leave my passport with the IO for insertion of a Diversity Visa, or does this apply only in the case of CP? And would my F1 visa be cancelled by the IO at that point?

I'm preparing myself for my interview later this month. If my application is approved, would I have to leave my passport with the IO for insertion of a Diversity Visa, or does this apply only in the case of CP? And would my F1 visa be cancelled by the IO at that point?

No, you don't leave your passport behind, no actual visa will be inserted into your passport. If you're approved, your GC will be sent to you and the F1 visa automatically becomes null and void. You just have to inform your school of your new status by presenting the GC to them.

It typically takes about 4-6 weeks to get back the receipt, so the delay is quite normal - you're may take a bit longer of course because of the holidays.

If you travel outside of the US after submitting your AOS package without an approved AP card, your petition will be denied as you would be deemed to have abandoned the petition, unless you currently possess a dual intent visa such as H1/L1 in which case you can travel out without an AP card.

Thanks mom! I'll have to refresh myself on the AP card subject. I remember reading about it here a bunch of times but don't remember much now. Will do some digging.

Hello everyone again
I have an additional question: I am on an F-1 visa and attending college in the USA, do you think they will want to see the original of my high school diploma at the interview?
Unfortunately, I left it at home in Italy. I am just asking so that, since I have time now, I can arrange for a family member to send it over if it is necessary.
What do you think?

Thanks so much

Hello everyone again
I have an additional question: I am on an F-1 visa and attending college in the USA, do you think they will want to see the original of my high school diploma at the interview?
Unfortunately, I left it at home in Italy. I am just asking so that, since I have time now, I can arrange for a family member to send it over if it is necessary.
What do you think?

Thanks so much

Get the diploma sent over.

Does it make sense to assume that EU30,7xx will become current in May or June or is it too early to tell?

Also, I know this is a loaded topic but would AOS make sense in this case or should I just go home and get it over with? Also, if I do CN, could it possibly take more than 2 weeks? I'm trying to see if leaving work is even a remote possibility, because otherwise I have to reopen my DS260 to change it to AOS...

Make an infopass appointment.
I booked INFOPASS appointment for Thursday. But I just got a response to an earlier service request. FO says they are unable to move forward with application until required background checks are completed.
Given this response, is it worth driving to FO for infopass appointment?

I booked INFOPASS appointment for Thursday. But I just got a response to an earlier service request. FO says they are unable to move forward with application until required background checks are completed.
By "service request" you mean e-Request / Case Inquiry / Case outside normal processing time on the USCIS webpage?

Does it make sense to assume that EU30,7xx will become current in May or June or is it too early to tell?

Also, I know this is a loaded topic but would AOS make sense in this case or should I just go home and get it over with? Also, if I do CN, could it possibly take more than 2 weeks? I'm trying to see if leaving work is even a remote possibility, because otherwise I have to reopen my DS260 to change it to AOS...

I certainly can't say when you're likely to become current (I'm using my phone at the moment and can't spend time opening past bulletins for comparison), however if you were to become current in May or June and wish to process AOS, there's more than enough time to complete before the end of the FY.

As to your 2nd question, processing could take less than 2 weeks and it could also take a lot more if you get stuck on AP.

It's really your call at this stage. Depending on how far off your FO is from where you are, going there in person could possibly help bring the case to someone's attention.

By "service request" you mean e-Request / Case Inquiry / Case outside normal processing time on the USCIS webpage?
I called USCIS and spoke to second-tier officer who was able to place service request to the FO. The biggest hurdle is getting past CS rep.

Hello All,
Quick questions about ead/ap:
1-Do we get different case numbers from USCIS for each of I-485, I-131 and I-765 filings (and separate NOA letters) or is it the same case number (acknowledged in the same NOA letter)?
2-Is ead/ap application handled at Chicago office (which receives all of the forms through the lockbox) or do they forward it to a Service Center or Office?

Thanks