• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I just called KCC they told me they sent my file to houston office on the 24th, so hopefully i will know something on my case soon. It seems as @Hammer67 said they are moving the files now
I called them and they told me the same thing: FO requested my file on 23rd, the file was sent on the 24th. I am not sure however if this is just a template response and KCC would have sent the file anyway or there was really an IO requesting the file.

I called them and they told me the same thing: FO requested my file on 23rd, the file was sent on the 24th. I am not sure however if this is just a template response and KCC would have sent the file anyway or there was really an IO requesting the file.

It is not a template response. KCC WILL NOT send the file unless the FO requests for it. KCC does not know which FO will be treating which AOS petition, that's why the FOs have to make the request for the file to be sent.

It is not a template response. KCC WILL NOT send the file unless the FO requests for it. KCC does not know which FO will be treating which AOS petition, that's why the FOs have to make the request for the file to be sent.
Got it. Thanks.
Do you know how much time in advance the IOs usually request it?

Hi everyone, I just signed up on this website, I do have some questions maybe already answered but please help me if you can, this is really nice of you:-]
I won the lottery 2015, i'm applying for AOS my number is EU22XXX and my number is almost current [ february is 21,500] my package is ready to go BUT i'm confused, my email from KCC DV mentioned local office as the address to send my package and I read on the US DEPARTMENT OF STATE an address in Chicago [ 131 SOUTH DEAR BORN 3RD FLOOR...
So i don't know what to do?
I also checked the processing time for different offices in CA and this is catastrophic! Filling date of the last case is MAY 2014!!!! Only one location says 4 months and this si CHULA VISTA! I would really want to send my package over there....
Since i'm doing AOS that means I will never see my case processed before september 2015 if they decide to choose the closest office, I'm living in SAN DIEGO! End of the world for me:-[[[
We have 3 children, all applying with my husband and I but since I filled the ds260 we have another baby boy born in the US in july 2014 do i need to mention him anywhere?
Thank you so much for your help, I really, really appreciate:-]

Hi everyone, I just signed up on this website, I do have some questions maybe already answered but please help me if you can, this is really nice of you:-]
I won the lottery 2015, i'm applying for AOS my number is EU22XXX and my number is almost current [ february is 21,500] my package is ready to go BUT i'm confused, my email from KCC DV mentioned local office as the address to send my package and I read on the US DEPARTMENT OF STATE an address in Chicago [ 131 SOUTH DEAR BORN 3RD FLOOR...
I also checked the processing time for different offices in CA and this is catastrophic! Filling date of the last case is MAY 2014!!!! Only one location says 4 months and this si CHULA VISTA! I would really want to send my package over there....
Since i'm doing AOS that means I will never see my case processed before september 2015 if they decide to choose the closest office, I'm living in SAN DIEGO! End of the world for me:-[[[
We have 3 children, all applying with my husband and I but since I filled the ds260 we have another baby boy born in the US in july 2014 do i need to mention him anywhere?

Calm down, no need to panic. Just spend some time going over the first few pages of this thread, pay particular attention to the first post on page one, follow the link provided and carefully go over the spreadsheet. Then spend some time by reading a few more pages, following which you should have a better understanding of the process.

I really second what Sm1smom just said. It's a blessing that you found this page before sending your package in. So, Thoroughly go through the spreadsheet on the first post on this thread to know each step of the process, what the documents mean, etc., and then read up on the entire thread. All your questions have already been answered. If you still have questions after doing all that then you can post them up. Welcome to the group!

I already answered you:
Sm1Smom,

Do we need to notorize all the photocopies? what are the documents they do not accept photocopies except medical and forms. Do the Chicago Lockbox return application if they do not get originals of some of the documents they mention require originals for example I20, which is mentioned as a document required original in one of thier site: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/file-my-...ng/how-do-i-know-if-i-need-original-documents.

Thank you,

Sm1Smom,

Do we need to notorize all the photocopies? what are the documents they do not accept photocopies except medical and forms. Do the Chicago Lockbox return application if they do not get originals of some of the documents they mention require originals for example I20, which is mentioned as a document required original in one of thier site: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/file-my-...ng/how-do-i-know-if-i-need-original-documents.

Thank you,

I.T. I.S. O.K.A.Y. T.O. S.E.N.D. C.O.P.I.E.S. O.F. A.L.L. S.U.P.P.O.R.T.I.N.G. D.O.C.U.M.E.N.T.S

The copies do not need to be notarized. Anyone who does not feel comfortable with sending copies should feel free to send in the originals with their package. I will not respond to this issue again.

Thank you for your help. I got my green card the other day. I would not have done it without your help!

Hmmm! "60 days is too late for me" "I might loose my job by February if I'm not approved" - "don't worry, you're stressing over nothing" etc - remember those discussions not too long ago? :rolleyes: Lol

Anyway, congratulations! Enjoy your green status :)

I called KCC early this week and the representative told me that my file will be sent till the end of this week. I was hoping to receive the CPO anytime this week but did not happen. I called them again today and the representative first gave me an inaccurate information saying that the FO has requested my file just yesterday. Then I was like are you sure?! can you double check please. She checked and said that yes they have requested your file long ago but we had technical difficulties. It will be sent to the FO next week. I am really tired of waiting and being patient.

My number is low AF42**. I applied since August and still waiting for FO to send interview letter. I am wondering if INFOPASS to office will help. My H1B expires in July. In response to service request, FO claim my case is flagged as DV but still no sign of letter. This is very frustrating.

My number is low AF42**. I applied since August and still waiting for FO to send interview letter. I am wondering if INFOPASS to office will help. My H1B expires in July. In response to service request, FO claim my case is flagged as DV but still no sign of letter. This is very frustrating.

Make an infopass appointment.

I called KCC early this week and the representative told me that my file will be sent till the end of this week. I was hoping to receive the CPO anytime this week but did not happen. I called them again today and the representative first gave me an inaccurate information saying that the FO has requested my file just yesterday. Then I was like are you sure?! can you double check please. She checked and said that yes they have requested your file long ago but we had technical difficulties. It will be sent to the FO next week. I am really tired of waiting and being patient.

Unfortunately, that's all you can do for now - waiting and being patient.

Happy (belated) new year everyone! I made the payment of the $330 DV fee, on Dec 3rd 2014, to the US department of state but still haven't received the receipt/confirmation that it has been received. Is that normal? While there's a possibility that I might have messed up the address or the post office lost my mail, I'm more worried that I submitted this too early (or without fulfilling some requirements). My number is AS75** and I won't be current for a while and at this point I've only filed the DS 260.

My another query is regarding travel. I might have to travel outside the country sometime around June (I'll possibly be current around June/July). Could that be a problem? If so what steps should I take?

Thanks in advance!

Dear all
It's nice to see ppl helping each other on this forum ...
I have already got an interview date for February 2nd on the interview letter it says only to bring a state I.D , passport n a the interview letter. I only included the basic stuff on the uscis website in my I-485 ( I didn't know any thing about this awesome forum at that time
:( ) can I take all the other documents for the interview ?
Pls let me know ...thank u again

Hello everyone, please i have questions.
1) today i received an email from kcc with two attachmentS, the adjustment letter(which start by thank you for informing us your intention....) and DV fee paid receipt, what does that mean?
2)can i still email them to change from AOS to CP? my CN is 2015AF71XXX
3) does that that mean that i have successfully filled the ds-260?
4) Also, do you think my number will even become current? i am a scared
thank you everyone for your help