• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Tha

Thank you Britsimon! While I read my notification letter from KCC, It shows; "The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment", I got some questions how, which and when I should contact the local field office? Regarding medical, I tested everything about two years ago for my PR in Canada. Can I use that record for this purpose too? How recent the physical exam should be?
Thanks!

Jawan

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, again I say go through the AOS spreadsheet which can be found on post 1/page 1 of this thread. A step by step guidance/instructions regarding the AOS process can be found there. If you take your time to go over it you wouldn't be asking most of the questions you just asked.

I went through the sheet but I did not find the information about Field office though!

Thanks!

Because the advice to contact the FO is not accurate/optimal. The spreadsheet steps work. Follow that.

Your old medical will not be acceptable.

Because the advice to contact the FO is not accurate/optimal. The spreadsheet steps work. Follow that.

Your old medical will not be acceptable.

Thanks Britsimon! So, we do not need to contact any office then? how do we know where we will be having interview? Do we need to choose or they provide us based on our biographic information. If we need to choose ourselves, what is the basis of choosing local field office?
Thanks!

Jawan

I went through the sheet but I did not find the information about Field office though!

Thanks!
Thanks Britsimon! So, we do not need to contact any office then? how do we know where we will be having interview? Do we need to choose or they provide us based on our biographic information. If we need to choose ourselves, what is the basis of choosing local field office?
Thanks!

Jawan

Oh yeah! You went over the spreadsheet like you should indeed.

Thanks!

Jawan

Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet.

Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet. Read the spreadsheet.

:eek::eek: .............. :D:D:D:D

Tha

Thank you Britsimon! While I read my notification letter from KCC, It shows; "The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment", I got some questions how, which and when I should contact the local field office? Regarding medical, I tested everything about two years ago for my PR in Canada. Can I use that record for this purpose too? How recent the physical exam should be?
Thanks!

Jawan
Once you submit your AOS package, your application will make its way to the NBC which will schedule your biometrics and then to the appropriate Field office which will schedule your interview. You will be sent notification letters for both.
Regarding your medical, you must have it done by an approved US Civil surgeon in weeks preceding your interview. Find one here:https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV. I believe medicals should be less than 6 months old, but the experts (Simon, Mom, Susie, etc.) will have more accurate info than me.

YES GAWD! LOL…Don't we all know that now, LOL

The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment

Hello @Jawan14 , the statement you quoted above, which you claimed was sent by KCC, was it via an email or was that the statement that was printed on the screen when you completed your DS-260? I'm asking this because, as far as I know, 2NL is specifically an email, and it has been quoted above in somebody's post (which is clearly different than what you've posted). It seems like you have indeed not received the 2NL yet. However, that in itself is not much of a concern because some people are still getting it (a post from last week) and some, including myself, haven't gotten it yet. So at this point, there's no need to panic about medicals and payments. If you have free time, read this forum and the spreadsheet thoroughly (that's what I do). best of luck!

Last edited:
Once you submit your AOS package, your application will make its way to the NBC which will schedule your biometrics and then to the appropriate Field office which will schedule your interview. You will be sent notification letters for both.
Regarding your medical, you must have it done by an approved US Civil surgeon in weeks preceding your interview. Find one here:https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV. I believe medicals should be less than 6 months old, but the experts (Simon, Mom, Susie, etc.) will have more accurate info than me.

Medical is valid for one year except when TB is detected in which case it has a validity period of 3 or 6 months depending on wether it is Type A or Type B TB.

Hi I need help filling out the ds 260 form.

I'm currently working on OPT for company A. I'll start working for company B on H1 from October 1st.

1) What should I put on my current length of stay? my OPT was supposed to expire next year? should I put based on that?
2) Do you have other occupations? Do I put student as my other occupation or no need?

Thank you!

Hi guys, sorry if this question has been answered already, (tried to find the answer but couldn't track it down)...when sending in forms to Chicago lockbox, USCIS site says send express mail to 131 South Dearborn but send USPS mail to the PO Box address.. so which one does USPS Priority mail Express next day mail fall under? hmmm

Hi I need help filling out the ds 260 form.

I'm currently working on OPT for company A. I'll start working for company B on H1 from October 1st.

1) What should I put on my current length of stay? my OPT was supposed to expire next year? should I put based on that?
2) Do you have other occupations? Do I put student as my other occupation or no need?

Thank you!

1. If you're submitting your form before Oct 1st, you should put your current status which is OPT and it's applicable expiration date.

2. Not necessary.

Hello guys, first of all I wanted to thank you for the assistance provided with this forum and with the especially well done spreadsheet. I am currently on a H-1B and in the process of applying for AOS for my wife and myself. I just completed the packet which should be ready to be shipped tomorrow. I do have a question that I wonder if any of you guys have some input on, so here it is: Just in case something goes wrong and our AOS got denied I want to stay on my current H-1B status through the AOS process but in the case of my wife, if she uses the EAD obtain with the concurrent filing of I-485/I-765 while waiting for the GC approval, in the event that it is denied will she be able to stay on her H-4 or will her H-4 be cancelled the moment she will start using the EAD?

Hello guys, first of all I wanted to thank you for the assistance provided with this forum and with the especially well done spreadsheet. I am currently on a H-1B and in the process of applying for AOS for my wife and myself. I just completed the packet which should be ready to be shipped tomorrow. I do have a question that I wonder if any of you guys have some input on, so here it is: Just in case something goes wrong and our AOS got denied I want to stay on my current H-1B status through the AOS process but in the case of my wife, if she uses the EAD obtain with the concurrent filing of I-485/I-765 while waiting for the GC approval, in the event that it is denied will she be able to stay on her H-4 or will her H-4 be cancelled the moment she will start using the EAD?
Kyser, I'm in the same boat as you and have filed for AOS while on H1B/H4 which wont impact your H1B status, nor should the EAD being used cancel your wife's H4 status.

Technically the usage of the EAD card to accept authorized employment means your wife is no longer in H-4 status, her new status becomes AOS pending. However because the H-visa is a dual intent visa, she will be able to revert back to it in the event of an AOS denial, she will of course have to stop using the EAD card at that point.

On a side note, getting an EAD card hasn't made much of a difference to most DV based AOS applicants who applied for it in the past though. EAD approval typically takes about 2-3 months, roughly the same amount of time it takes for the GC approval. But then if there's the possibility of one's application being held up due to name/background check issues, then it may not be a bad idea to apply for one.

Hi guys,

My number occurred now in November, and all my papers are ready.
Can I send my papers now or should I wait until October?

Thanks