• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I and my boyfriend got married after the selection so I added him on the DV DS260 form.But we didn't do a big wedding, just a Small reception. I'm afraid its a mistake we made.what can I do in case we can't prove that it was not a green card marriage..

I and my boyfriend got married after the selection so I added him on the DV DS260 form.But we didn't do a big wedding, just a Small reception. I'm afraid its a mistake we made.what can I do in case we can't prove that it was not a green card marriage..

You may be asked for more evidence about the relationship itself (i.e. more than the wedding). So - show evidence of the courtship/dating phase, emails, cell phone records, joint trips and so on...

Hi,
Just wanted to clarify this, on the 2nd NL from KCC it says, "You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status." Is this means, before I send my AOS package, I need to submit this 2nd NL to my nearest USCIS office?

Hi,
Just wanted to clarify this, on the 2nd NL from KCC it says, "You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status." Is this means, before I send my AOS package, I need to submit this 2nd NL to my nearest USCIS office?

No. You just need to include the 2NL with your AOS package.

Dear Sm1smom and Britsimon, and everyone else,
Hope you had a good Christmas!
Wishing you a Happy New Year! Thanks for all you did for me and for others in this forum.
:)

No. You just need to include the 2NL with your AOS package.
Thank you, I really appreciate your help. If it’s ok, I have a few more questions.
  1. For an F1 student, as long as you apply for AOS before your I-20 expires, I don’t have to extend my I-20? Nor have to worry about being out of status?
  2. In regards to foreign passport expiration, what happens if your passport expires by the time your interview arrives?
  3. On the instructions for I-485 form under “Initial Evidence” for Copy of passport it says: if you obtained visa(s) within last the last year, submit a photocopy(ies) of the page(s) of your passport containing the visa(s). So questions is, only if it was obtained within last year? And also only visa page?

Dear Sm1smom and Britsimon, and everyone else,
Hope you had a good Christmas!
Wishing you a Happy New Year! Thanks for all you did for me and for others in this forum.
:)

Here's wishing you a very very happy and joyous 2015 also :)

Thank you, I really appreciate your help. If it’s ok, I have a few more questions.
  1. For an F1 student, as long as you apply for AOS before your I-20 expires, I don’t have to extend my I-20? Nor have to worry about being out of status?
  2. In regards to foreign passport expiration, what happens if your passport expires by the time your interview arrives?
  3. On the instructions for I-485 form under “Initial Evidence” for Copy of passport it says: if you obtained visa(s) within last the last year, submit a photocopy(ies) of the page(s) of your passport containing the visa(s). So questions is, only if it was obtained within last year? And also only visa page?

1. Yes and yes. However do bear in mind if your petitione gets denied or is not completed by the end of he FY and your I-20 is already expire, you no longer have a status to revert back to.

2. If you're able to renew it, you should however if you're not able to do that, it's not a big deal.

3. Considering the fact the DV petitions are time sensitive and they don't usually send out RFEs for missing documents, you want to make sure you send more than the listed "Initial Evidence". Use the list we've put together on the AOS spreadsheet as a guide.

1. Yes and yes. However do bear in mind if your petitione gets denied or is not completed by the end of he FY and your I-20 is already expire, you no longer have a status to revert back to.

2. If you're able to renew it, you should however if you're not able to do that, it's not a big deal.

3. Considering the fact the DV petitions are time sensitive and they don't usually send out RFEs for missing documents, you want to make sure you send more than the listed "Initial Evidence". Use the list we've put together on the AOS spreadsheet as a guide.
Spreadsheet indeed helpful guide for DV process - excellent job done - thanks a lot for that.
As for the question#1. To be on safe side, what is the solution(?) so there is no issue of reverting back? May be applying for OPT card before sending AOS, or extending the I-20?

Spreadsheet indeed helpful guide for DV process - excellent job done - thanks a lot for that.
As for the question#1. To be on safe side, what is the solution(?) so there is no issue of reverting back? May be applying for OPT card before sending AOS, or extending the I-20?

The answer to that isn't quite straight forward for now without knowing some specific facts. What is your CN? What is the expiration date on your I-20? Have you already submitted your DS-260 form? If yes, when?

The answer to that isn't quite straight forward for now without knowing some specific facts. What is your CN? What is the expiration date on your I-20? Have you already submitted your DS-260 form? If yes, when?
Yes, I-20 expires Sept.2015 (but will graduate on May 2015). CN Euro33xxx. DS-260 submitted July 2014.

I just called KCC they told me they sent my file to houston office on the 24th, so hopefully i will know something on my case soon. It seems as @Hammer67 said they are moving the files now

I just received the text that my aplications have been approved!!!! I'm so happy thank you god, and thanks to everybody here who helped us thru this journey!!!
Congratulations!! It was a quite a wait for you and your family but worth it in the end :)

Happy holidays to all and congratulation to those who received great news regarding their application. I just got off the phone with KCC and they told me that my FO requested my files on december 24 and that it should be sent this week if that info can be trusted, so we'll see. That's it, just a quick update on my status.

I just got texts and e-mails earlier today from USCIS saying that my case has been accepted and routed to the National Benefits Center.
SO relieved :D
Thanks everybody, especially Mom, for your precious help. Could not have done this properly without you!

I will call KCC tomorrow and see if they forwarded my application to USCIS. Do you guys know if there is any way we could kindly speed up the process i.e. call USCIS and remind them that they have recieved my documents (kind of like when you call for the EAD if a decision has not been made within 75 days)

Yes, I-20 expires Sept.2015 (but will graduate on May 2015). CN Euro33xxx. DS-260 submitted July 2014.

Considering that your CN may become current in June/July, it might not be a bad idea to extend OPT by postponing graduation or starting another program right away- talk to your DSO at school.