• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

My CN is 2014AS00018*** I sent my paperwork to kcc and got it confirmed. Since my cn is quite high do I stand a chance of getting called in for an interview? If someone could answer it's much appreciated. Thank you .

My CN is 2014AS00018*** I sent my paperwork to kcc and got it confirmed. Since my cn is quite high do I stand a chance of getting called in for an interview? If someone could answer it's much appreciated. Thank you .

Your number is in a risky range because it is high and so far the numbers for Asia are going very slowly. However, no one can be sure whether your number will be OK or not - you just have to wait and see....

Good luck

Your case # is consider high (but you are still in safety range in my opinion) if we take 27k as the max case # but in the last few days, they are 4 case # reported higher than 27k and one even as high as 40k. If those # is genuine then your case # is not high at all. Anyway, let hope for the best for the coming 7 months.

Your number is in a risky range because it is high and so far the numbers for Asia are going very slowly. However, no one can be sure whether your number will be OK or not - you just have to wait and see....

Good luck

Thanks a lot for the reply

Your case # is consider high (but you are still in safety range in my opinion) if we take 27k as the max case # but in the last few days, they are 4 case # reported higher than 27k and one even as high as 40k. If those # is genuine then your case # is not high at all. Anyway, let hope for the best for the coming 7 months.

Thanks a lot for the reply

Dear Samm13, I'm also from SL and i'm in the same range.... Don't be upset.... everything will be ok.. If u like,we can meet up on every 15th of coming 7 months with a bottle to share our Happiness/Sadness...........

good one why dont you form a facebook group for srilankan winner arrange a meeting...
Dear Samm13, I'm also from SL and i'm in the same range.... Don't be upset.... everything will be ok.. If u like,we can meet up on every 15th of coming 7 months with a bottle to share our Happiness/Sadness...........

To be honest, most of the people who have become winners don't like to publish it to others till they get their visa.........

hi perera1987, thanks for sharing your experience. So, you had a sponsor. Did you have both money and sponsor? Is the tax form something that comes with the i-134? Or is it something that I have to explicitly ask from my sponsor.

Thanks.

hi perera1987, thanks for sharing your experience. So, you had a sponsor. Did you have both money and sponsor? Is the tax form something that comes with the i-134? Or is it something that I have to explicitly ask from my sponsor.

Thanks.
It's a separate one. Ask for the most recent W-2 (Tax and Wage statement) or any other proof such as a letter from the employer. But its good to have W-2.

It's a separate one. Ask for the most recent W-2 (Tax and Wage statement) or any other proof such as a letter from the employer. But its good to have W-2.

Hi Vihan, I thought sticking to the checklist provided in the Colombo US embassy was enough. But this is something out of the topic in the instruction set. Please can you name the compete set of documents that has to be taken from the sponsor to be provided at the interview (And also can you tell us the relevant procedures for a person (Sri Lankan) who would like to get a sponsor's help to prove the financial ability).

Thanks

Any Chance to get an Interview

Hi,
I'm from Sri Lanka and my number is AS00015xxx will I get an opportunity to have the interview before DV2014 end?

Please help :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I'm from Sri Lanka and my number is AS00015xxx will I get an opportunity to have the interview before DV2014 end?

Please help :confused:

According to the latest data and estimates you will be fine. There should be a rapid increase in the movement of cases on the next few VBs.

Hi Vihan, I thought sticking to the checklist provided in the Colombo US embassy was enough. But this is something out of the topic in the instruction set. Please can you name the compete set of documents that has to be taken from the sponsor to be provided at the interview (And also can you tell us the relevant procedures for a person (Sri Lankan) who would like to get a sponsor's help to prove the financial ability).

Thanks

Dioode,

You have received many very clear and specific replies to many questions you have asked. However, you seem to be searching for a exact list of things that will guarantee your interview goes smoothly. The reality is that your interview will be specific to you and depending on how the CO is feeling it could be over in 5 minutes or they could ask for additional information. Respectfully, the best advice is to think about the answers you have received, read more of other peoples questions and answers, and be well prepared with as much documentation as you can get. Chances are you won't be asked for half of the stuff you have ready, but having it will improve your confidence and make the outcome easier. At the end of the day YOU are responsible for YOUR interview so it is time to prepare with that mindset.