• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2014 winner Africa

princesskarkor

Registered Users (C)
hello every one,
in the interview will the consular ask me about my mistakes in the ds230 and dsp122 forms
and if i show him my emails to kcc about the mistakes and its correction will make me pass or what??????

hello every one,
in the interview will the consular ask me about my mistakes in the ds230 and dsp122 forms
and if i show him my emails to kcc about the mistakes and its correction will make me pass or what??????

It's been said a gazillion times: If there are errors on the forms you sent to KCC, fill out a new set of forms with the correct information and send them to KCC to replace what you previously sent. You can send the new form(s) as email attachment(s). If you prefer, you can also mail out the form(s) to KCC. However, it is not enough to simply email KCC saying there are errors on the forms you sent in or you wish to use the email to correct certain portion(s) of the form(s). Your file will be updated with the new forms before it gets sent to your applicable US embassy/consulate.

It's been said a gazillion times: If there are errors on the forms you sent to KCC, fill out a new set of forms with the correct information and send them to KCC to replace what you previously sent. You can send the new form(s) as email attachment(s). If you prefer, you can also mail out the form(s) to KCC. However, it is not enough to simply email KCC saying there are errors on the forms you sent in or you wish to use the email to correct certain portion(s) of the form(s). Your file will be updated with the new forms before it gets sent to your applicable US embassy/consulate.
I think you're sure about sending the forms again aren't you?should i call them and ASK THIM about sending the forms again
thanks for your time

I think you're sure about sending the forms again aren't you?should i call them and ASK THIM about sending the forms again
thanks for your time

I wouldn't recommend sending the forms again if I wasn't sure of what I was saying! Of course you can go ahead and ask them for your own peace of mind.

DV 2014 concern

Hey I have won and i am from Africa,my case number is 2014AF000082xxx.
Do i even have a chance guyz? They have selected 125000 people this more than any previous year so i am hoping that the process will go fast to give at least people like me a chance to go through interview coz i do qualify in everything and i am just scared that by the time my number comes up it would have been late. Can you guyz with experience share your knowledge on the process.Everyone is talking about number being high this year,european forum people are talking about the same thing and I wonder why?

Hey I have won and i am from Africa,my case number is 2014AF000082xxx.
Do i even have a chance guyz? They have selected 125000 people this more than any previous year so i am hoping that the process will go fast to give at least people like me a chance to go through interview coz i do qualify in everything and i am just scared that by the time my number comes up it would have been late. Can you guyz with experience share your knowledge on the process.Everyone is talking about number being high this year,european forum people are talking about the same thing and I wonder why?

The point is everyone has an equal chance. My case number is high and even I am optimistic I'll come through by August or September so don't lose sleep over it because it isn't in our control. Just prepare your documents early and be ready.

With your case number (and there have been higher case numbers than yours who have reached interviews) you'd be current in August or September 2014.

The only exception in the DV was DV2008 when the cut-offs were totally screwed up and affected a lot of people but track record is all numbers go current between August and September.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK or Washington Dulles

DV winners

OK man lets just hope for the best.I hope we are all current by august because current in septembre will be too short to enter the USA.

DV concerns

for people like me with a case number AF82xxx i just need to take it easy and relax,if it comes thats cool but if not there is nothing i can do about that

for people like me with a case number AF82xxx i just need to take it easy and relax,if it comes thats cool but if not there is nothing i can do about that

Is it possible to share the same case number for DV? The CN you mention is the same as mine.

OK man lets just hope for the best.I hope we are all current by august because current in septembre will be too short to enter the USA.

You only have to be issued the visa by end September. You have up to 6 months (depending on your medical) to enter after that.

Is it possible to share the same case number for DV? The CN you mention is the same as mine.

Um....there are 1000 numbers that fall into 82xxx .....

I know someone with an AF91xxx that got his visa a couple of years ago. Remember a lot of African numbers get disqualified along the way too...

DV concer

Thanks Guyz,so if i do understand i dont have to enter the USA before 30th of september,i simply have to obtain the visa at the US consulate of my country before that day and travel within the next 6 months even if my departure date is after the 3oth of september? please guyz help me with that one.

Case number AF000082xxx

DV Concern

Another concern guyz,i am currently residing in South Africa and i have been here for the past 6 years but i am originally from Congo.I have a police certificate from congo that i got 3 years ago when i went for holidays and i have never been there since that time so for my police clearance do i have to go back to congo and do another one or i can use the old one beccause i never went back there since the day i obtained that certificate.I know i will be interviewed in South Africa so i will need the SA police certificate because i have been staying here for 6 years but what about the congolese one? do i need a new one takin into account that i have not been there for 2 years so i guess my congolese police certificate is still valid? Please your insight is eargerly awaited.
Thanks

Thanks Guyz,so if i do understand i dont have to enter the USA before 30th of september,i simply have to obtain the visa at the US consulate of my country before that day and travel within the next 6 months even if my departure date is after the 3oth of september? please guyz help me with that one.

Case number AF000082xxx

This has already been answered. Yes.

Another concern guyz,i am currently residing in South Africa and i have been here for the past 6 years but i am originally from Congo.I have a police certificate from congo that i got 3 years ago when i went for holidays and i have never been there since that time so for my police clearance do i have to go back to congo and do another one or i can use the old one beccause i never went back there since the day i obtained that certificate.I know i will be interviewed in South Africa so i will need the SA police certificate because i have been staying here for 6 years but what about the congolese one? do i need a new one takin into account that i have not been there for 2 years so i guess my congolese police certificate is still valid? Please your insight is eargerly awaited.
Thanks

Most police certificates have expiry dates - if yours does you'll have to get a new one. Can't you get a family member or an agency to get a new one for you?

not understanding quite well

hi everyone i have been chosen for further process my case no is 2014 AF 00058*** i have sent the forms on 8th june I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN I SHOULD GET MY 2ND NL and interview an what does it mean when ur case is ''current??'', please help

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone i have been chosen for further process my case no is 2014 AF 00058*** i have sent the forms on 8th june I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN I SHOULD GET MY 2ND NL and interview an what does it mean when ur case is ''current??'', please help

Your case number means you won't get processed until spring 2014 (so you can expect your 2NL around Feb/March). Current means
your case number is current (it's your turn), so further processing can continue.

Your case number means you won't get processed until spring 2014 (so you can expect your 2NL around Feb/March). Current means
your case number is current (it's your turn), so further processing can continue.

Hm, if this year is anything to go by it will be later than that. I was AF51xxx and interviewed this month (2nd NL in April) and 58xxx would be interviewing in July. But it can change dramatically year to year - last year all AF were current from June, this year there is still a cut-off in August.

For All Concerned ( For DV 2014) I can't get Confirmation From KCC what can i do?

I win Dv 2014 with CN:2014AF00011XXX and I Send The Form To KCC But I can't get Confirmation from KCC. Please Help me if you now some Information...

In DV 2014 I can't get Confirmation From KCC

For All Concerned ( For DV 2014) I can't get Confirmation From KCC what can i do?
I win Dv 2014 with CN:2014AF00011XXX and I Send The Form To KCC July 03, 2013 But I can't get Confirmation from KCC. Please Help me if you now some Information...

I win Dv 2014 with CN:2014AF00011XXX and I Send The Form To KCC July 03, 2013 But I can't get Confirmation from KCC. Please Help me if you now some Information...

What do you mean, you can't get confirmation? Have you emailed them to ask? Remember to put your full name, case number and date of birth (US style, mm-dd-yyyy) in the email or they won't give you any information.