• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - South America and The Caribbean winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

I emailed KCC and they told me to be aware from august 15th to the bulletins, from that date, are officially ours bulletins!.

Pinpanpunchi: I've read on this forum (exactly don't know where, on May 1st I read a lot of things about the DV the whole day, lol) that some people don't even checked their DV page because they lost their numbers, they forgot to do it, or didn't know they have to save the number for later. I THINK they have the cut offs to have some control of it, that's why some months they have a 100 range of cuts off, other 200, other 300; if you see the bulletin now http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5993.html you'll see that Asia, Europe and we are in CURRENT status, I THINK that's us, the high numbers that actually sent the papers to KCC.

And I've read two or three cases (very rare, but may occur) that they were emailed for their interviews even before the cut off, because they had a CP app, and for the embassy they were the next number on a big gap of AOS apps. It's rare... It's not common, but could happen and they email you about 6 weeks before, so you can put your papers all together.

Caribbean Winners

Hey congrats on your winning the dv lottery. I'm guessing October/November you'll have your interview if you are going the CP route. Maybe get your interview date confirmation a month earlier to allow you to get all your documents together. Glad to see someone else from the Caribbean I'm from Barbados CN2*** so I gotta much longer wait.

My Caribbean people , congratulations on wiining the DV 2014, I am from Grenada and i have been applying since 2002 without luck. Winnining is a privilege good luck and god speed.

My Caribbean people , congratulations on wiining the DV 2014, I am from Grenada and i have been applying since 2002 without luck. Winnining is a privilege good luck and god speed.

Good attitude - The USA could benefit from people with that sort of consideration for others. Fingers crossed for DV2015 for ya!

Good attitude - The USA could benefit from people with that sort of consideration for others. Fingers crossed for DV2015 for ya!

I agree! You'll have the luck because we are going to send a lot of good vibes to you!

DV2014: AOS or CP?

Hello Everyone!

Any help will be appreciated!

My CN is 2014SAXXX3XX. Right now I'm living in Florida (with an extended H1B status which expires on Nov 17th). I don't know whether to do AOS here or CP in Venezuela. I've read a lot of comments about AOS delays but I'd prefer do the entire process in USA. Honestly... I'm looking for the most expeditious, safe, fast and cheap way to get that Green Card!

Thank you!

Hello Everyone!

My CN is 2014SAXXX3XX. Right now I'm living in Florida (with an extended H1B status which expires on Nov 17th). I don't know whether to do AOS here or CP in Venezuela. I've read a lot of comments about AOS delays but I'd prefer do the entire process in USA. Honestly... I'm looking for the most expeditious, safe, fast and cheap way to get that Green Card!

Thank you!

If you look at some of the timelines in peoples signature you will see some people get AoS done in 2 to 3 months - so it isn't a bad process. Your Case number is very low so you will be on the October interviews. You would be able to do CP in October or you could file for AoS even earlier - from around mid to late August. If you file early you you have a good chance to complete the GC before Nov 17th. Aos has slightly higher fees, BUT you don't have the travel costs back home and would be more convenient.

Personally I would do AoS in your situation, but I suggest reading through the AoS threads to get more information.

Simon

AFAIK, you need to be in status until the time of your interview if you're doing AOS. If your H1 visa is set to expire in Nov, even with your low CN, you're running a big gamble. You will need to renew it or get some other form of visa. Also you need to remember that even if your I-485 package is accepted early, you will not be able to continue your employment if you haven't had an interview by the time your visa expires. Of course you can apply for an EAD with your I-485 package, but you need to remember that it takes about 2-3 months also for the EAD to be approved.

Hello Everyone!

Thank you!

Well our time is soon approaching. By August 15th we will know the first set of interviews for DV2014 which will be in October. I have read and learnt so much from other treads about dv interview experiences and so on. I've never read about a South American\Caribbean DV visa interview experience though and there is not much useful information for South Americans. I'm hoping this tread can be very helpful to us South Americans and Caribbean people. People please share your dv interview xperiences as they come. Good Luck to all.

Dear Britsimon,

thank you for the wishes, and keep up your good work of advising, some one has to do it for others like us who are hopful , winners or winners to be.

hey guys, another winner here from Costa Rica, looks like i have a high number and ill have my interview until next year :/

hey guys, another winner here from Costa Rica, looks like i have a high number and ill have my interview until next year :/

Can you be more accurate about your case number? Maybe adding another number after the 1. It is not the same been in the 1000's than in the 1900's.
Good luck with the process! Hope we all can make it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
actually is 19xx :(

Don't worry, I'm close to you (18xx) and I have hope. I've seen numbers around 2000 and over. And in this forum we can find pretty helpful people who can give us hope because know really well this process. Besides, we can check how the numbers are looking this year.
Best of Luck!!!

Dont't worry guys, I'm sure we will all have the opportunity for an interview just remain positive and patient :)

Well visa bulletin for Sept is out. It shows a cut off for South American (SA) region of 500 for Oct (dv 2014). I guess my interview will be early November 2013. Anyone got their 2nd NL

I am from Grenada and I won this year. Thanks so much for the good wishes!
I have never heard from a Grenadian who applied or won (I only know that it happens because of the statistics). i was starting to think our people didn't know about the lottery. I wish more of us would get on these forums!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well visa bulletin for Sept is out. It shows a cut off for South American (SA) region of 500 for Oct (dv 2014). I guess my interview will be early November 2013. Anyone got their 2nd NL

OMG!!! I was really surprised with this first cutoff so high!!! I was thinking about 100 or 200! Do you think this will be the "rate" during this year's process?

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!

2014SA000018XX
Entry Checked: 03.05.2013
Forms sent to KCC: 07.05.2013
Confirmation by KCC: 29.05.2013 (BY PHONE)
Police :
2nd NL:
Medicals:
Interview:
Visa Picked:
P.O.E:

Well this year the amount of selectees selected was more than previous years, so I'm guessing that it may move a bit faster to get everyone in or current at the end of the dv year.

Well this year the amount of selectees selected was more than previous years, so I'm guessing that it may move a bit faster to get everyone in or current at the end of the dv year.

If their objective was to make all the winners happy and give everyone Green Cards I would agree with you - but that is NOT their objective. Their objective is to allocate 50,000 Green Cards to the first people that qualify. Family members are counted within the 50k so they probably only need 35k winners (and they selected 140k). Having said that there is a MASSIVE drop out rate from the initial selectees so I am not suggesting 100k people will miss out, I'm just making the point that they don't really need to move faster just because there are more people queuing...

Fingers crossed for us all (although your 500 number is awesome). For Veronice and others (including myself) we have a longer time to spend biting our nails! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.