• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

By reading your profile you send your form somehow late(October) some of us send via E mail immediately that's why they are current.

I sent the forms late because my 1NL came late. I was among those who were picked on October not May

Losiamoi that was fast congrats.fomogho that was a relief congrats n all the best.Clama dear i booked using the 2nl n the passports for the booking u just need that,the rest is needed on the medical date.i would advice u to go personally for the booking to push for an earlier date to avoid any delays.All the best.

13 guests thats quite a number welcome to the family of winners.Dont peep on the door karibuni ndani n feel at home.

Today one PAPASAN is one happy man. we started the thread with a few guys and with the help of 2010-2012 gyys this particular forum has been the most hit and most eductive, without you guys some of us couldnt make it this far. Am writing from Kennesaw Georgia where my new life begins and am soo proud of you guys, let this not be the end of it all , lets forge friendship and lets plan to meet someday and come up with ideas which will not only help us who are in the diaspora but also our country as a whole..to those who are yet to go for the interview you need to relax put your papers inorder and all will be well. REMEMBER if God say yes NO ONE can say no, you have been choosen and you are a winner! I rememberd i got my ticket without my visa at hand! its called faith ( i had already done my interview and approved but they advise you not to make any arrangements before you get your visa at hand) ..America is the land of opportunities and i can tell you for free your host will MAKE or BREAK you...make sure you make friends with kenyans go to church..and thats how you will be able to get jobs..
Asanteni Sana ..Mungu awabariki!!

Today one PAPASAN is one happy man. we started the thread with a few guys and with the help of 2010-2012 gyys this particular forum has been the most hit and most eductive, without you guys some of us couldnt make it this far. Am writing from Kennesaw Georgia where my new life begins and am soo proud of you guys, let this not be the end of it all , lets forge friendship and lets plan to meet someday and come up with ideas which will not only help us who are in the diaspora but also our country as a whole..to those who are yet to go for the interview you need to relax put your papers inorder and all will be well. REMEMBER if God say yes NO ONE can say no, you have been choosen and you are a winner! I rememberd i got my ticket without my visa at hand! its called faith ( i had already done my interview and approved but they advise you not to make any arrangements before you get your visa at hand) ..America is the land of opportunities and i can tell you for free your host will MAKE or BREAK you...make sure you make friends with kenyans go to church..and thats how you will be able to get jobs..
Asanteni Sana ..Mungu awabariki!!

Thanks for being God-Ordained friend. You are sincere and truthful friend who will not love somebody for what they have or what they will give you but for who you are. In the Bible, we see some examples such as Jonathan and David.

Guys am still stranded and 'lost' in this unknown island called AP. Anyone who watched 'Lost' can understand my situation. Am crying out loud to be rescued. Only God the Almighty knows when bt surely the hour is coming up shortly. (Afrocinema will continue shortly) bradas

Guys am still stranded and 'lost' in this unknown island called AP. Anyone who watched 'Lost' can understand my situation. Am crying out loud to be rescued. Only God the Almighty knows when bt surely the hour is coming up shortly. (Afrocinema will continue shortly) bradas

Prayers and fasting will move any obstacles that you are facing. Be patient and deep yourself in prayers is there anything too hard that God cannot do for you.:)

Exodus 34: 28 – 29

When Moses went up the mountain , God gave him the Ten Commandments. Friend, as you go up this mountain of prayer and fasting, I pray that God will grant you divine instructions for every area of your life that needs direction. I pray that God will also use you as an instrument of divine direction.

Prayers and fasting will move any obstacles that you are facing. Be patient and deep yourself in prayers is there anything too hard that God cannot do for you.:)

Nickelly u r definitely right. God says let it be and surely it is. God's time is always the best. We as God's creation are just implementers while it is only HE who is the Planner and truly HE is the Best of the Planners. I will only get the visa if HE wills and I'll never get it till HE decides. Oh God, guide us to the true path. The path of our great grandfather, Abraham. Amiiiiin

Hey Guys i finally landed jana night, America is amazingly beautiful, today i went to a kenyan community church and made lots of friends already, kenyans are one tight community your life willl be very smooth if you join a church..went for buffet maaaaan food mob mpaka utashindwa ..all citizens are equal unlike kenya where the gap between the rich and the poor iko big..and kenyans are go getters they know what brought then here..will give you guys a more comprehensive storo as time goes by, ..i didnt carry my xray as hand luggage but they didnt ask for it .baadae jetlag haijaisha, n by the way who is coming to Georgia ???

Welcome to America.

We arrived at the American embassy at exactly 5.30am.Our interview was scheduled for 6.30am.So we had to arrive early. We are a family of 5.We were told to line outside the gate in two rows one for men and the other for women. You had to hand over your passport and the appointment letter. We proceeded to gate two. More screening and here we leave all our belongings including mobile phones, car keys, hand bags etc. At gate 3 we were assigned a no.C407.Then told to wait outside and it was terribly cold.

After about 30 mins we were called to window 4. "Pls give me your original documents i.e. passports, passport size photo graphs-2 for each family member, birth certificates, form 4 Kcse certificate, degree certificate, Affidavits for different names for my academic certificates and the name in the passport, and police certificate of good conduct.
Please go pay the 1650dollars for the 5 of us i.e. USD330 per person
We were then told to wait outside. After another 30 mins we were called to window 8 for finger printing verification.
Again sent outside to wait. After around 40mins we were called to window 10."pls swear that information we had stated in forms 122 and DS230 was the truth. We raised our right hands and said yes. "Are these your biological children-yes. What do you do now-I answered. Do you still do it now-Yes

CONGRATULATIONS. The white lady said as the handed as the green or is it blue paper that instructed us on how to create a DHL account. She also handed to us 5 other forms for USICS to pay the USD 165 each before we depart for the USA.This will be done online. She told us to expect our visas in the next 5 days .

But I had another request though. I told her that I and our colleagues will depart for DUBAI Saturday 29th.She advised that I go with my passport and make sure that I return it via DHL immediately I returned from abroad. She however retained the passports of the other family members in order to start processing their visas. We said thank you as we left the embassy at around 10.am.
GLORY TO THE MOST HIGH

Congratulations, we give God all the glory...

Hey pple,

On arrival to the states, Do I need to make any application for SSN or it is automatically generated??

Thanks..

It's important to make an application. In the DS 230 forms that we sent back to Kentucky there was a place you could tick for them to send you a SSN automatically when you arrived which i did.
It's been 3 weeks and i haven't received mine yet, we went to the SSN office yesterday and they said they can't assist us because the card will be sent directly from homeland security. However we decided to just apply for another one because we're not sure how long that would take.
If i knew it would take this long i would have already filled one and within 2 weeks i would already have it