• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Hi forumist,
Im asking what i know been answered before but i dont seems to find where it was answered. Where do i get police records in NAI>>> CID headquarters? How long time does it take to be ready and how much it cost, what do i take along with me? thanks alot, sorry for repeating what has been answered before.

Thanks clama for the good wishes. I will be at the embassy on 24/06/2013 at 6.30am.I also wish those attending interviews in may and June the very best. May the good lord grant the desires of our hearts. As for clama your time is surely coming. For those in July dates please prepare thoroughly.

Though I am trying to get my police cert,i here you get it in Nairobi at CID headquarters abit faster and to be exact within 5 days. It may cost 1k.You can also get it at the county level but might take 3-4 weeks. I advise therefore that you visit Nairobi CID H/Q of course with your ID CARD

Thanks clama for the good wishes. I will be at the embassy on 24/06/2013 at 6.30am.I also wish those attending interviews in may and June the very best. May the good lord grant the desires of our hearts. As for clama your time is surely coming. For those in July dates please prepare thoroughly.

Wishing you success dear

Though I am trying to get my police cert,i here you get it in Nairobi at CID headquarters abit faster and to be exact within 5 days. It may cost 1k.You can also get it at the county level but might take 3-4 weeks. I advise therefore that you visit Nairobi CID H/Q of course with your ID CARD

Losiamoi Thanks alot, im gonna visit CID headquarters and apply there. all the best

Thanks makiki.I will surely meet you someday
Dear forum members, in perusing through the internet I came across a very interesting article published by a Nigerian professor apparently residing in ATLANTA GEORGIA.I want you to read it and give your comments. To me it looked very discouraging especially for the Nigerian green card winners. I am a Kenyan myself. What is your take?

Notes From Atlanta
Pages
• HOME
• POLITICS OF GRAMMAR COLUMN
• ABOUT ME
• CONTACT ME
• ABOUT THIS BLOG
• MY LINKS
Friday, March 20, 2009
Nigerian Green Card holders in America: Catching hell in paradise? (I)
The following was first published in my weekly column in the Weekly Trust newspaper, Abuja, Nigeria, on December 9, 2006.

By Farooq A. Kperogi
Sometime ago, while browsing Nigerian newspapers online, as I always do, a news item caught my attention. It was the report of the declaration by the chairman of the University of Lagos branch of the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, Waye Adefolalu, that the American Diversity Immigrant Visa Lottery program is the modern reincarnation of slavery.

The man was speaking at a seminar organized by the Poverty Eradication Vanguard, apparently anti- poverty NGO. “I [hope that]…our brothers and sisters that are in captivity under the pretext of American visa lottery will return to this land. Whether you agree with me or not, American [Green Card] lottery is another modern slavery,” he was quoted to have said in the Aug. 19, 2006 of Punch. Could he be right?

For obvious—and I think justifiable—reasons, many Nigerians look up to the United States, perhaps more than any other Western country, as the country where they can materialize their aspirations for the economic stability that their country cruelly denies them.

Nigerians are not alone, however. America is an incredible magnet for a whole host of economic refugees from different parts of the world who throng here in search of better opportunities for themselves and their families. This fact makes America perhaps the most multicultural country on Earth, not only in contemporary times but in the entire history of humankind. Almost every race and ethnicity in the world is represented here.

According to statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau, Nigerians are the most represented group of Africans in this country. And a significant percentage of Nigerians came here, and keeps coming here, courtesy of the yearly Green Card lottery program. Of course, many other Nigerians are here either as students, visiting scholars, guest workers, and so on.

But it is the case that the most popular means to come to America lately has been through the Green Card lottery program. But are Green Card holders in America really no more than 21st century slaves?

First, what is the Green Card? Being the journalist and teacher that I am, I like to define my terms, sometimes at the expense of exposing myself to the risk of being charged with condescension. However, from the many private emails I have received from readers of this column about the Green Card program, it doesn’t seem to me that it is entirely out of place to explain briefly what the Green Card is.

Reduced to its barest essentials, the Green Card is a document (an ID card actually) that invests the holder with the right to stay and work in the United States. It is officially called the “United States Permanent Resident Permit.” It, however, does not make the holders citizens, even though it qualifies them to apply for citizenship after a specified number of years of residency in the country and upon passing a citizenship test. Call it a transitional citizenship document, if you like.

The Green Card can be obtained in two ways: through lottery, which gives opportunities to people with at least a secondary school certificate from parts of the world that are least represented in the United States to come here by a game of chance, and through getting a job with a U.S. employer. In the latter case, the employer must legally prove that it has a need for a specific job that no U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident has the skill to do. This seems a difficult requirement—and it is— but many people have obtained Green Cards through this process.

The strange thing about the Green Card is that it is not green. The name “Green Card,” I learned, derives from the color of earlier versions of this card before 1945. Over the years, the government has experimented with many colors in the design of the card. As of this year, the card is mostly yellowish-white, and the only noticeable green color is the inscription on the back.

The first time I encountered a Nigerian Green Card holder was sometime in the midpoint of last year when I lived in Louisiana. It was on a searingly hot and sticky summer day. I was sauntering on the campus along with an African American acquaintance when I saw a face that struck me as distinctly Nigerian.

The man looked traumatized, disheveled and disconsolate. He didn’t seem to be going to any direction in particular. His gait was timid, his eyes sunken and his clothes almost threadbare. But in his visage, you could still see the residues of a man who had previously lived a good life—or so it seemed to me.

I told my friend that the man who was approaching us was Nigerian. He, like many of my African American friends, always marvels at how I am often able to tell African Americans from continental Africans. On this occasion, however, he contested the validity of my observation.

He was sure that the man was an African-American junkie (that’s how Americans call drug addicts) because of the man’s fair, if sallow, skin texture, and his overly melancholic and bedraggled looks. African Americans have a stereotype of Africans as dark-skinned, self-assured, usually formally dressed and sometimes arrogant people who always have an air about them that says to the world, “I know where I come from!” This man defied all that.

So as we closed the distance between us and the man, to demonstrate my cocksureness that he was Nigerian, I greeted him aloud in Pidgin English. “How you dey my broda?” I greeted. He was jolted and animated beyond description.

“Old boy, you be Naija man? Wetin you dey do here? What part of Nigeria are you from? Ah, thank God I see you o!” He assailed me with a seemingly endless barrage of queries in just a split second—and in an accent that at once betrayed his Igbo ethnicity. In time, we got immersed in a lengthy discussion about how he found himself in America and the troubles he’s been encountering since he got here.

The man’s name is John. I have left out his last name to protect his privacy. His wife won the Green Card lottery, and the entire family of six relocated to America to materialize their American Dream. He and his family had been living in a small village near my city for over a year. Neither he nor his wife had gotten a job when we spoke.

He holds a master’s degree in sociology from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and his wife holds a bachelor’s degree in physical and health education from the same university.

He was a senior public servant in Nigeria who was obviously doing well. He had two houses in Suleja, a fleet of cars and his wife had a big shop. Then the wife won the Green Card lottery. The joy in their home was boundless, he told me. They had won the passport to paradise on earth, they thought.

While the conversation was going on, my friend excused himself and left us because he couldn’t understand our code-switching and code-mixing, that is, our annoyingly endless vacillation between Pidgin English and Standard English. Plus, our accents were unapologetically Nigerian, which was probably too “thick” for him to make sense of. But the pathos of John’s story inspired so much sadness in me that I was in no mood to show sensitivity to my American friend’s comfort in our midst.

John sold his houses and cars and auctioned his wife’s shop to come here. He has four children, who are all grown up. His woes in America started almost immediately he got here. His host, an African-American whose daughter is married to John’s cousin, told him that he could accommodate him and his family for only a week. Strange and shocking as this was to him, he quickly regained his poise and looked for a low-income mobile home (usually constructed with wooden planks) even before the expiration of the one-week grace given to him by his in-law.

Well, because he sold his houses, cars, and other valuables in Nigeria, he was still rich and could afford to do that. He even bought a car cash down—something that is unusual in America. Most people here don’t buy cars cash down; they buy cars by installment plan—or what the British call hire purchase. But John’s hopes were fertilized by the infectious optimism of the American Dream.

Over a year after arriving here, neither he nor his wife had gotten a job. No employer recognized his Nigerian qualifications. What was worse, even tormenting, he said, was that most people told him they couldn’t understand his accent. When it dawned on him that he couldn’t possibly get a job that befitted his academic status because of the low opinions Americans have of “Third World” qualifications, he resolved to lower his expectations and look for a job as an elementary school teacher. But his lack of teaching credentials disqualified him.

Then he reasoned that since his wife has a degree in physical and health education, he should allow her to apply for a teaching job instead. So she went out in search of teaching jobs. But no secondary would employ her.

Then, like her husband, she decided to apply to teach in an elementary school. Her degree was submitted to the school board for certification. Fortunately, she was certified to teach. However, no elementary school was ready to accept her because they said her accent was almost incomprehensible.

If adults had difficulty understanding her, her interviewers said, little children with little or no exposure to “thick” African accents would certainly be clueless when she teaches them. It was as if all the schools she applied to had the same script.

At the time that John was sharing his woes with me, neither he nor his wife had gotten a job—one year after living here. The money he brought from Nigeria, which had been sustaining the family, was in danger of depleting. And he was desperate. He needed my counsel since it appeared to him that I had integrated well into the American society.

Do Americans also have problems with my accent? What of my students? Do they understand me? And do I always understand the whining, nasal, fast-paced accents of these Americans? How do people make it in this society? Or is America only a huge façade, a mirage, sustained by lying Nigerian “been tos” who give the impression that this country is a land flowing with milk, honey and dollars in every nook and cranny?

I will conclude John’s story next week and relate more anecdotal accounts of the experiences of other Green Card holders that I have met here.

Related Articles
Nigerian Green Card Holders in America: Catching Hell in Paradise? (II)
Nigerian Green Card Holders in America: Catching Hell in Paradise? (III)

Farooq A. Kperogi
I am a professor, journalist, newspaper columnist, and blogger based in Greater Atlanta, USA. I received my B.A. in Mass Communication (with a double minor in English and Political Science) from Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria, where I won the Nigerian Television Authority Prize for the Best Graduating Student.

After working as a reporter and news editor, as a researcher/speech writer at the (Nigerian) President's office, and as a journalism lecturer at Kaduna Polytechnic and Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria, I proceeded to the University of Louisiana, Lafayette, USA, where I earned my Master's of Science degree in Communication (with a minor in English) and won the Outstanding Master's Student in Communication award.

At Georgia State University's Department of Communication where I earned my Ph.D. in Communication and taught journalism for 5 years, I also won the top Ph.D. student prize called the "Outstanding Academic Achievement in Graduate Studies Award."

I was the Managing Editor of the Atlanta Review of Journalism History, a refereed academic journal. I was also Associate Director of Research at Georgia State University's Center for International Media Education (CIME).

I'm currently an Assistant Professor of Journalism and Citizen Media at Kennesaw State University, Georgia's fastest-growing and third largest university. Kennesaw is a suburb of Atlanta. I also write two weekly newspaper columns: "Notes From Atlanta" in the Abuja-based Weekly Trust and "Politics of Grammar" in Sunday Trust.
View my complete profile [/B]

Forumites,
Time is over-speeding as "we" who are current on Oct and now on Nov, waiting for the interviews.
For me, what I see is a total change of life whether positively or negatively. Though we should always prepare for the best n' for the worst, am worried 'bout the life after the interview;
What 'bout if I succeed? The life in America! av never been out of my country...............Am a Hustler.
What if I fail? after wasting all my hard earned cash! and time! Another change of life in my own country..........For me it can be back to zero.....GOD BE ON MA SIDE.....
All I have is I know my docs are smart, av obtained all of the necessary docs and am still gathering the info as much as I can waiting for the medicals and the big day.
I have confidence,I hustle for everything, I pray, I believe and am waiting for this day but phobia concerning life after the interview is killing me.
Its like am dead waiting for the resurrection day which will depend on the judgement. Now I don't know my judgement, so once again don't know whether will resurrect or no but my hope is that I will live.
My word is that; We need a counsellor and a prayer day for posting prayers only to strengthen our members towards their interviews.
Am missing to share a positive interview experience.....................

Surely history repeats itself. THIS IS EXACTLY WHATS HAPENING TO ME!

housing

Dear forum members. They say experience is the best teacher. I am really encouraged by the comments in this forum of those who have already relocated. It is my desire that they now give us a lot of information on how American life is.They should tell us the challenges and the opportunities that exist for all of us. Let us now switch from the disappointments of our hosts and instead tell us the real American life. For example what is the average wage we expect once we start work, schooling for our little ones, amount of rent to be paid for apartments, the cost of living, the quality of the houses we shall live in, working hours,discrimination,the best states to live in, opportunities for saving and investing back home,etc etc. This information will make to prepare psychologically and also financially.

@losiamoi
I hope this information will be of help to you and other forum members

Housing
Please note that most apartment are decent with manicured lawns and with 24 hours security. In most cases rent depends on a lot of things among them; whether an apartment is new or refurbished and equally on the location-that is low income or high income. On the average a One bedroom one bath is roughly between 540-650 dollars, 2 bedrooms one bathroom/two bathroom 600-860,3bdroom 2bathroom/3bathroom 800-1,350 dollars. Most of these apartments have a micro wave,cooker,dishwasher, laundry and dryer. Others have shared laundry and dryer.. There are also tv and internet jacks. Most of them also pay for trash and sewerage separately. Some of the apartments have additional common facilities like gyms, swimming pools,common visitors entertainment hall and small parks. Some have also wireless internet near the leasing offices for those who have not installed internet in their rooms. The houses are well maintained and the level of hygiene and cleanliness is very high. They also have wall to wall carpets and closets of very high quality.
There are also some furnished apartments especially near campuses which mostly target college students and holiday makers. There are also three bedroom houses in residential areas which have more privacy and space for holding garden parties, barbecues and so forth. They have garages enough to park two cars. One gets them for between 900-2,500 dollars per month. For one to rent an apartment, in most cases although not all one must have prove of regular income and they check your criminal and credit background. Apartments mainly near colleges do not demand a lot. There are also condominiums which also cost almost like the houses although cheaper. They are also affordable for those who do not want stay in apartments.

Hey guys , just read a few posts from members and would like to thank all those who share their knowledge and information on this forum.

@krossmaina
@Losiamoi(and please put down your signature so that members may know your progress)
All guys

Hope this will be of help
Schools
Schools do not need you to come with a transfer but they need the following:All report forms and any record of academic and extra curricular activities and for seniors including grades on PE which is emphasized for a child to graduate from high school. Otherwise they will have to attend extra PE classes to met the credit. Carry all the records of immunization from the IOM and the clinic immunization records for your child. They will help you save some cash because the schools will demand them. If you don't have them you will be forced to have a repeat

Schools attendance is based on where one lives or what is called school districts/address. If you live in a certain school district your child is supposed to attend school in that area. So the place of residence in most cases determines the school your child attends. Most schools provides, trans[port, breakfast and lunch. Students don't wear uniforms in most schools but in some cases they have to wear blue jeans. They encourage them to wear sport shoes because PE is on a daily basis. Students from Jamuhuri find the system more friendly. The grade the teacher gives you is final and these are the grades used to determine students GPA and transition to colleges and universities. Schools are also well equipped and most of them are like colleges by Jamuhuri's standards.
Wages
Wages differ but the average hourly lowest wage is between 8.50 dollars and 15.50.
People work for eight hours a day. For those who work in the nursing sector, they work eight hours a day for four days and they rest for two days. Those in lower administrative duties earn between 23 dollars an hour to 30 dollars. Seniors between 30- 55.The executive between 55 on wards. But wage is mainly pegged on skills,education,experience ,training and sometimes even luck . So make sure you carry all your certificates and letters of recommendations. For you to strengthen your CV on arrival look for names you can use in your recommendation even if you volunteer for one day let the person or the organization write for you a recommendation letter.

These information will generally be able to guide you but it will mainly depend on an individual case or situation. I hope the information will be of help. But as I pointed out earlier, once you arrive in the US the direction you take depends on quite a number of things.

Equally, don't believe every word from prophets of doom like Fraooq. Maybe he met one of the like minded people I had pointed out earlier. That's people disappointed by nature and needs to be saved from themselves. You will always find such people in society. People who cant succeed even in a land of plenty. They are around 1 out of 20 and those people are not found in this forum. People in this forum are well prepared and that's why they want to learn from one another. And with prayers and putting God first everything is possible.

For those going for the interview soon our prayers:mad:misses, @catchme @jmigwi @dv-dva. We wish you well. We need all our brothers and sisters around. It gives us some warmth as the saying goes there is strength in numbers. Read the earlier post and the latest contributors from @Makiki @dubai, @Sm1smom @nickelly@papasan and others. You will definitely get all the information you need. Barikiweni akina @donmisty @ clama, @engmtolera and all the forum members as you take this journey.

Gods' Blessings
AHSANTENI NA HERI NA FANAKA

WHAT HAVE YOU PUT IN THE ATMOSPHERE?
I am the sum total of what I have been confessing through the years.
WORDS RELEASED INTO THE ATMOSPHERE DO not disappear and dissipate. They have no geographical limitations. Words have power, presence,and prophetic implications. They create a magnetic force that pulls the manifestation of what you speak—good
or bad, blessing or cursing—from other realms, regions, and dimensions.

Dont put negative thoughts in your mind always declare and read positive things. This is what happened to the Israelites (when they the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness for forty years and died, not because they were lost, but because they legislated their wandering exile with their own mouths. God had spoken good things over the people of Israel and promised to give them the land of Canaan for their inheritance. However, they trusted more in their own fears than in God. They trusted more in the comfort of slavery than in the hope of living as kings and priests. Though God had promised them their own land, they undid His promises not only with their lack of faith but also with the words they spoke. So when you read negative things what are you putting in your mind and what will you utter with your mouth.:(
Please stay positive:)

@krossmaina
@Losiamoi(and please put down your signature so that members may know your progress)
All guys

Schools
Schools do not need you to come with a transfer but they need the following:All report forms and any record of academic and extra curricular activities and for seniors including grades on PE which is emphasized for a child to graduate from high school. Otherwise they will have to attend extra PE classes to met the credit. Carry all the records of immunization from the IOM and the clinic immunization records for your child. They will help you save some cash because the schools will demand them. If you don't have them you will be forced to have a repeat

Schools attendance is based on where one lives or what is called school districts/address. If you live in a certain school district your child is supposed to attend school in that area. So the place of residence in most cases determines the school your child attends. Most schools provides, trans[port, breakfast and lunch. Students don't wear uniforms in most schools but in some cases they have to wear blue jeans. They encourage them to wear sport shoes because PE is on a daily basis. Students from Jamuhuri find the system more friendly. The grade the teacher gives you is final and these are the grades used to determine students GPA and transition to colleges and universities. Schools are also well equipped and most of them are like colleges by Jamuhuri's standards.
Wages
Wages differ but the average hourly lowest wage is between 8.50 dollars and 15.50.
People work for eight hours a day. For those who work in the nursing sector, they work eight hours a day for four days and they rest for two days. Those in lower administrative duties earn between 23 dollars an hour to 30 dollars. Seniors between 30- 55.The executive between 55 on wards. But wage is mainly pegged on skills,education,experience ,training and sometimes even luck . So make sure you carry all your certificates and letters of recommendations. For you to strengthen your CV on arrival look for names you can use in your recommendation even if you volunteer for one day let the person or the organization write for you a recommendation letter.

These information will generally be able to guide you but it will mainly depend on an individual case or situation. I hope the information will be of help. But as I pointed out earlier, once you arrive in the US the direction you take depends on quite a number of things.

Equally, don't believe every word from prophets of doom like Fraooq. Maybe he met one of the like minded people I had pointed out earlier. That's people disappointed by nature and needs to be saved from themselves. You will always find such people in society. People who cant succeed even in a land of plenty. They are around 1 out of 20 and those people are not found in this forum. People in this forum are well prepared and that's why they want to learn from one another. And with prayers and putting God first everything is possible.

For those going for the interview soon our prayers:mad:misses, @catchme @jmigwi @dv-dva. We wish you well. We need all our brothers and sisters around. It gives us some warmth as the saying goes there is strength in numbers. Read the earlier post and the latest contributors from @Makiki @dubai, @Sm1smom @nickelly@papasan and others. You will definitely get all the information you need. Barikiweni akina @donmisty @ clama, @engmtolera and all the forum members as you take this journey.

Gods' Blessings

Thanks alot we need this information be blessed and thanks for your time:)

@krossmaina
All guys

Schools

Wages

Gods' Blessings

With such information, why do you need to read Farooq's article. Precise and to the point. be blessed wanjeri.

Today's Devotion

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice u make. God would never discourage u. He would always point u to himself to trust him. Therefore, ur discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan

Hi forumist,
Im asking what i know been answered before but i dont seems to find where it was answered. Where do i get police records in NAI>>> CID headquarters? How long time does it take to be ready and how much it cost, what do i take along with me? thanks alot, sorry for repeating what has been answered before.

CID Headquarters along KIAMBU road you can take a taxi or board a bus at the St peter's clever Matatu No. 100.KENYAN CITIZEN (within the country)

a) Must present him/her self with original second-generation national identification card and a clear photocopy (Kenyan passports not accepted).

b) Must pay Kshs.1, 000.00 or its equivalent and obtain the official receipt from our nearest foreign mission orsubmit the cheque payable to Director of Criminal Investigation at NairobiKenya.

c) Must allow his/ her fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed form at the nearest Police Station in the country of stay.

d) If not registered and issued with a Kenyan ID card as per Cap. 107 Laws of Kenya, must prove that he/she attained the age of 18 years while out side the country and is yet to return. Aletter from our foreign mission, certified copy of birth certificate and passportare relevant in this case.

e) The application consisting oforiginal payment receipt/cheque, clear copy of IDcard and fingerprints must be forwarded officially with a covering letter to CID Headquarters - Nairobithrough post or runner

FOREIGN CITIZEN(not refugee or alien)

a) Must present him/her self with a certified copy of his country’s passport with documentary prove that he/sheever resided in Kenya for 3 months or more

b) Must pay Kshs.1, 000.00 or its equivalent and obtain the official receipt from our nearest foreign mission orsubmit the cheque payable to Director of Criminal Investigation at Nairobi Kenya.

c) Must allow his/herfingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed form at the nearest PoliceStation in the present country of residence.

d) The application consisting of original payment receipt or cheque, certified copy of passport , document of prove of resident in Kenya and fingerprints must be forwarded officially with a covering letter from the official fingerprinting agency or Kenyanmission to CID Headquarters Nairobi – Kenya through post or runner.

FOREIGN CITIZEN (legal alien in Kenya)

a) Must present him/her self with original and copy of his country’s passport with documentary prove that he/she has been resident in Kenya for 3 months or more. Document from his/her employer or training institution in case of expatriate or studentrespectively is relevant.

b) Must pay Kshs.1, 000.00 and obtain the official receipt from the cashier at CID Headquarters in case of Nairobi residents or at Divisional CID offices in other geographical areas withinKenya (Refer Appendix 49 of FSO).

c) Must allow his finger printsand palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed form (C24 or P20) at the CIDHeadquarters Nairobi (for all Nairobi residents) or Divisional CID offices in other districts.

d) The application consisting of original payment receipt, copies of passport/other documents and fingerprints must be forwarded officially with a covering letter from Divisional CID office to CID Headquarters through post or runner.

e) Alien ID cards must beverified by the issuing authority (Immigration Department) before processing ofthe application is allowed.

NOTE:

• The applicant’sfingerprints must be recorded on a prescribed form by an authorized person who must enterall the clerical details.

• The original cash or cheque payment receipt must be attached to the applicant’s fingerprints.

Thanks makiki.I will surely meet you someday
Dear forum members, in perusing through the internet I came across a very interesting article published by a Nigerian professor apparently residing in ATLANTA GEORGIA.I want you to read it and give your comments. To me it looked very discouraging especially for the Nigerian green card winners. I am a Kenyan myself. What is your take?

[/B]

Whatever lies before you can be the substance from which you call forth your own masterpiece.
When God dreamed of creation, He spoke into a situation that was dark and “without form.” Where there was darkness, God declared light. We read in Genesis 1:2–4 that “the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. . . . Th en God said, ‘Let there be light’; and there was light . . . and God divided the light from the darkness.
Let light shine in your lives in Jesus name