• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

reza 29m

No its not mentioned on the interview letter, but i have read a lot of stuffs on the internet, where IO asked for form I-134.
Any suggestion would be highly appreciated

Children at interview.
My interview is scheduled for august 27 and is out of town. My 2 and 4 year old children are both Americans. Do u think it will be a problem to bring them with us. We would like to spend the night close to the interview place. We had mentioned on one of the forms that we have children. Please advise. Don't want to be turned back because we brought children.
I can't figure out how u add the stats to the profile :-(

TO add your info in the signature click on "notifications" in the upper right corner below your username. On the left hand side of the new page, you'll see "My settings" under which you'll find "edit signature".

TO add your info in the signature click on "notifications" in the upper right corner below your username. On the left hand side of the new page, you'll see "My settings" under which you'll find "edit signature".
I dont remember very well, but I think you are supposed to take kids along. Couple of members in this forum were in the same condition as yours. I would suggest to wait for a reply from MOM or some1else. I am sure they are not going to turn you guys back for bringing kids along. All the best for your interview.

reza 29m

No its not mentioned in the interview letter, but i have read a lot of stuffs on the internet, where IO asked for form I-134.
Any suggestion would be highly appreciated

John Darvin,
We didnt receive any supplement letter with our interview letter. From my experience if your IO is new and have very little experince with DV, they always ask for I 134. Same thing happened with us, but we explained our IO that we make more than the published poverty guidelines and she was satisfied with the answer. But every IO is not same.
My suggestion would be ask any of your professors or international advisor to do it for you. You can promise them that they can have their info in a sealed pacakage, so that they are assured that no one is getting access to their financial information.

I dont remember very well, but I think you are supposed to take kids along. Couple of members in this forum were in the same condition as yours. I would suggest to wait for a reply from MOM or some1else. I am sure they are not going to turn you guys back for bringing kids along. All the best for your interview.

Stop second guessing yourself, you already gave some accurate response ;) there's no need for MOM or some1else to respond again :p

Anyway, bramb90, you should be fine showing up with your children for your interview. Technically, they're not required to attend the interview with you since they're US citizens, you just need to show up with their birth certificates. But in view of their age and the fact that you have to travel out of town to attend the interview, their presence shouldn't create any problem. Just explain to the guys at the entrance if they try to make an issue out of their names not being listed on your interview letter.

Good luck!

John Darvin,
We didnt receive any supplement letter with our interview letter. From my experience if your IO is new and have very little experince with DV, they always ask for I 134. Same thing happened with us, but we explained our IO that we make more than the published poverty guidelines and she was satisfied with the answer. But every IO is not same.

+1 Like

Just received the interview letter for 08/29 appointment, they asked to bring just passport and DV receipt,

We received one letter one letter for the whole family, normally this what they do, correct? or do they send a letter for each individual?

Stop second guessing yourself, you already gave some accurate response ;) there's no need for MOM or some1else to respond again :p

Anyway, bramb90, you should be fine showing up with your children for your interview. Technically, they're not required to attend the interview with you since they're US citizens, you just need to show up with their birth certificates. But in view of their age and the fact that you have to travel out of town to attend the interview, their presence shouldn't create any problem. Just explain to the guys at the entrance if they try to make an issue out of their names not being listed on your interview letter.

Good luck!

Wrong user! You probably meant to reply to "bupe9235". I have no kids! I'm only 23 :p

Thanks everyone for your help. 12 more days to go :)
Children at interview.
My interview is scheduled for august 27 and is out of town. My 2 and 4 year old children are both Americans. Do u think it will be a problem to bring them with us. We would like to spend the night close to the interview place. We had mentioned on one of the forms that we have children. Please advise. Don't want to be turned back because we brought children.
I can't figure out how u add the stats to the profile :-(

United1,

Any update on your husband's case?
MOM,
Nothing at all :( He's been trying every possible way to reach someone in VSC but no luck. We tried contacting their emergency hotline mail and phone, VSC contact mail and also the Asst Station director. Going for Infopass again next week. Spoke to couple of lawyers and every1 said this is very common scenario for the people with multiple cases at USCIS and usually takes 30-60 days to get resolved. The problem is we dont have 30-60 days. All the hopes on next week infopass.

Just received the interview letter for 08/29 appointment, they asked to bring just passport and DV receipt,

We received one letter one letter for the whole family, normally this what they do, correct? or do they send a letter for each individual?
Even they asked you to bring only 2 things, I would still recommend to take every piece of paper you have. You don't want to take any chances.
Regarding the letter, we received a separate notice for both of us, but every IO works in their own way. This should not be worrying. To be on the safe side you can call the 800 number and request to speak to an L2 officer. Check with the officer or you can ask him to send a service request on your behalf too.

Even they asked you to bring only 2 things, I would still recommend to take every piece of paper you have. You don't want to take any chances.
Regarding the letter, we received a separate notice for both of us, but every IO works in their own way. This should not be worrying. To be on the safe side you can call the 800 number and request to speak to an L2 officer. Check with the officer or you can ask him to send a service request on your behalf too.

Thank you.

MOM,
Nothing at all :( He's been trying every possible way to reach someone in VSC but no luck. We tried contacting their emergency hotline mail and phone, VSC contact mail and also the Asst Station director. Going for Infopass again next week. Spoke to couple of lawyers and every1 said this is very common scenario for the people with multiple cases at USCIS and usually takes 30-60 days to get resolved. The problem is we dont have 30-60 days. All the hopes on next week infopass.

Oh dear, sorry to learn this hasn't been resolved. Get in touch with your congress person and find out if there's any way they can assist with putting pressure on them.

quick question to all the great guys here that are helping out :)
I have my interview coming up next week and I thought of arriving to the interview with I-134 incase the IO will ask about one. I was wondering if I can be my own sponsor on the I-134 assuming that my income is more the 100K and I own a house in the US valued at about 400K (with mortgage for 260K)?
Is it something doable or does someone else have to be my sponsor?

Thanks a lot

Don't bother filling an I-130 for your self based on the information you've provided. Attend the interview with the necessary evidence of financial stability - proof of income, home title deed, bank statements, W2s, employment letter, etc. You'll be fine.

quick question to all the great guys here that are helping out :)
I have my interview coming up next week and I thought of arriving to the interview with I-134 incase the IO will ask about one. I was wondering if I can be my own sponsor on the I-134 assuming that my income is more the 100K and I own a house in the US valued at about 400K (with mortgage for 260K)?
Is it something doable or does someone else have to be my sponsor?

Thanks a lot

Dear Sm1smom,
I and my wife are funded students, and have about 20K bank statement, and have W2s and also financed a new car which shows our good credit. Do we need to show I-134 at interview?

Last edited by a moderator: