• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Interview Experience!

We had our interview on Monday in Tampa and it was so easy. Even we had different schedule times the IO called us in the same time. The office was ready with four chairs. We had prepared everything that was asked in IL. The lady who interviewed us was so nice. I had sent everything with I-485 package and I saw that she has checked everything and our applications were marked and arrayed in new folder (in some other Interview experiences some other applicants have told that the applications were as they have send them). Interview started with the principal applicant (my wife) about general information; DoB, PoB, show original diploma, original certificate and some (not all) of questions Yes/No of I-485 and then IO wrote approved and printed a paper where was stated that she approved the application. Than she did the same thing with me and my older child except didn’t ask any diploma. For my other kid who is less than 16 y old, she asked only the name of school and what grade will attend this year. That was it and then she removed the I-94 from our passports and said – congratulations and from today you are LPR. All interview lasted less than 30 min. Now the online status shows even a tracking number telling that our GC are scheduled for delivery on August 12. We are so happy and relieved after a stressful marathon AoS process. We want to express our gratitude for members of this forum who have continuously contributed with their tremendous knowledge and especially with their great experience. For those who got their GC congratulations and enjoy your new status! For those who are still waiting wish to get them as soon as possible and good luck, but if the process is slow go and contact your area congressman/woman, it will help a lot. Once again thank you very much. God bless you. God bless America.

wow, Congrats :)

Guys,

We received our gift yesterday on the day on EID, We received our greencards.
Thankyou once again to this forum and all the members for their support. This journey could not be so easy without your time, experiences and suggestions.
I am going back to INDIA on 16th very excited .!!!!!!!!!!

Goodluck to all those who are waiting......

Just got my green card in the mail today!
Interview on Aug 1st was smooth. Basically we just had a friendly chat and went through the application.
Have had Bullet the Blue Sky going through my head the last few days: And we run, into the arms, of America!! :cool:
Good luck everybody who's still waiting.

Hey guys, Guess what? i received my Bio letter today :) The date is for August 27 but i am planning to go tomorrow for walk-in bio. Can anyone suggest the best time for walk-in bio (i know it depends according to USCIS center). Mine is in SC, Charleston. If anyone has done bio from SC, I would appreciate any tips. Thanks guys. :)

I decided to wait for the mailman today and canceled everything I had to do. Guess what guys. I have my green card in my hands. I still don't believe it. Thank you guys and best of luck for those who are still waiting.... :) :)

Hey xenonflux......the best time for you to go is in the afternoon when its less crowded and the staff is lay back. You will have to make an appointment at infopass .....if its you and your spouse you just have to make one appointment but make sure to indicate the number of people going. You will be fine....we did the same thing and that bought us two weeks. The staff was helpful we did not have any problems. All the best.

Hey guys, Guess what? i received my Bio letter today :) The date is for August 27 but i am planning to go tomorrow for walk-in bio. Can anyone suggest the best time for walk-in bio (i know it depends according to USCIS center). Mine is in SC, Charleston. If anyone has done bio from SC, I would appreciate any tips. Thanks guys. :)

I don't know about SC. But I believe you can not be attended to without ibfopass appointment. Schedule in for pass indicating that you need more information.when you get there, just explain the September 30th deadline and ask nicely if they can do u a favour. Good luck

Biometrics completed confirmation

Did any of you get a confirmation that the background check was done ? My interview is coming up and I am wondering if this will be ready in time . I was told this can take about 6 weeks. Is there anything I can do to expedite this process .

Congrats empire.imdi.....its indeed been a long road....all the very best to you. We all have less than two months to get ours. All the best guys.

I decided to wait for the mailman today and canceled everything I had to do. Guess what guys. I have my green card in my hands. I still don't believe it. Thank you guys and best of luck for those who are still waiting.... :) :)

Good for you! :) Enjoy your new status

I don't know about SC. But I believe you can not be attended to without ibfopass appointment. Schedule in for pass indicating that you need more information.when you get there, just explain the September 30th deadline and ask nicely if they can do u a favour. Good luck

An infopass is not always necessary/required for a walk-in bio if the biometric is scheduled to take place at an ASC and not a full-fledged FO.

Did any of you get a confirmation that the background check was done ? My interview is coming up and I am wondering if this will be ready in time . I was told this can take about 6 weeks. Is there anything I can do to expedite this process .

Do you already have a date for your interview? If yes, the major obstacle has been over-come, just get ready for the interview and stop worrying about the background check, not unless there's something in your background check that's likely to give cause for alarm.

Quite strange. My guess is your package was probably opened by some incompetent USCIS employee.

I will suggest putting your forms together and sending them in again tomorrow. If there's any kind of stamp or mark on the ones you sent in before, fill out new sets of forms. This time around write 2 checks - one for you and one for your wife. Attach the winning notification letter to the front part of both packages. Also print out the VB showing your CN as current, highlight the section.

There's no need to include education or employment documents with your wife's package, only yours as the DV selectee needs to have such documents.

Good luck!

So I resent everything, no new forms, but included *another* cover letter begging them to double check it all. They did, and they accepted it (so clearly someone messed up first time around). I've now got a bio appointment in 2w, but planning on doing a walk in tomorrow (it's at an ASC). Do I need to do anything with info pass?

What is the process from here? Hopefully the walk in bio goes ok, and then they contact me regarding an interview? Or do I have to schedule that myself via infopass? A little confused at this point how it works, and obviously worried about time.

Appreciate any help/ideas.

So I resent everything, no new forms, but included *another* cover letter begging them to double check it all. They did, and they accepted it (so clearly someone messed up first time around). I've now got a bio appointment in 2w, but planning on doing a walk in tomorrow (it's at an ASC). Do I need to do anything with info pass?

What is the process from here? Hopefully the walk in bio goes ok, and then they contact me regarding an interview? Or do I have to schedule that myself via infopass? A little confused at this point how it works, and obviously worried about time.

Appreciate any help/ideas.

Congratulations coming this far. You don't need an info pass for a walk in at an ASC. But bear in mind that the success of a walk in depends on how busy the ASC is at the time of your arrival. Some tend to be less busy in the morning, and for some early afternoon, hard to predict. You could also try to plead your case and explain the time sensitive constrain you're facing if they try to turn you back.

Following the bio, you wait to receive your interview letter. If you're able to do a walk in bio and do not receive an IL about 2 weeks after, starting harassing USCIS with calls and make info pass appointment at your FO to follow on your case and get them to issue the IL.

Good luck!

Congratulations coming this far. You don't need an info pass for a walk in at an ASC. But bear in mind that the success of a walk in depends on how busy the ASC is at the time of your arrival. Some tend to be less busy in the morning, and for some early afternoon, hard to predict. You could also try to plead your case and explain the time sensitive constrain you're facing if they try to turn you back.

Following the bio, you wait to receive your interview letter. If you're able to do a walk in bio and do not receive an IL about 2 weeks after, starting harassing USCIS with calls and make info pass appointment at your FO to follow on your case and get them to issue the IL.

Good luck!

Fingers crossed...thanks yet again :)

Guys,
I went to field office today and they told me we got your files on Aug 2nd and you still need to wait. I want to know if the background check is already done before transferring files to FO, When should I start to talk to others such as congressman or somebody else?
Thanks,

Good luck!

Did the walk in today, ASC was at ~10% capacity based on the seating, and the manager ended up telling me "i can't help you, nothing i can do". Pleaded with her that I understand I'm 10 days early, though I'm against the clock as this has to be done by the end of september. "who told you this?!" --> as far as I understand that's the process for a DV, their year is oct thru to september.

---> "I'm no expert but if you filed your paperwork, and it's been accepted, then nothing to worry about, if you had a medical condition i could make an exception but your reason isn't valid in my book"
---> "I don't believe thats the case, if this isn't handled by the end of SEP as it's a DV, that's the end of it. Is there anything you can do? we're willing to wait all day"
---> "like i said sir nothing i can do".

mind blown yet again. Will have to wait another ~10 days to to the bio, then i suppose expect an interview letter by sep 10'ish. Provided the letter comes in. Any suggestions? Suck it up and wait?