• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

We came in and did the interview together. We dropped off our interview letters in a special tray and they picked it up later - this is the "check-in" process for our FO. Hope this helps.

Thanks. We both have received our cards a few days ago. I never received my interview letter. I had to open a e-case online then a lady from my local FO called and managed to make sure my file was brought into the same office with my wife's. The key here is to be patient yet keep trying if needed. If i didn't try hard to contact USCIS then i couldn't have got the interview with my wife together.

Status changed to Decision:

Finally my status is changed to "Decision" which states new permanent resident status has been recorded. Card will be mailed within 60 days.

Thanks to everyone who supported through this forum. If you are waiting too long, you might wanna create a case with USCIS and select DV for reason to expedite ( Do not select personal or financial reason).

Thanks again. Will update spreadsheet shortly.

That really great news we were all wondering how you were doing!

2013 selectee....doing AOS

Hi All...,
I am current in August and I am doing AOS..., I sent my package to Chicago but to the P.O. box address because using USPS has anyone ever done that? How long does is take to be processed since it's the P.O Box? I am kind of worried now.....
Thanks

Finally my status is changed to "Decision" which states new permanent resident status has been recorded. Card will be mailed within 60 days.

Thanks to everyone who supported through this forum. If you are waiting too long, you might wanna create a case with USCIS and select DV for reason to expedite ( Do not select personal or financial reason).

That's very good news. Congratulations!!

Congrats AOS2013 !!!

Yes, Updated form I-9 needs to be submitted to notify your change in status.

I am not sure if we need to do anything else as well. As far as my employer is concerned, they just wanted me to update form I-9.

Thanks.. Waiting for card... It has been a long run.. Finally.. Phew.......

Do I need to update H1B status with employer??

Last edited by a moderator:
No approval notice yet!!

I am getting really worried now. Yesterday after our interview officer said she will approve our cases and everything looks fine. She also took our I 94s, but didn't stamp passports. She said you dont need that as you will get ur cards with in a week or two. She did stamp something on both the I 485s. Almost after one hour i received approval notice via Email & text but my husband didn't get anything yet. I dont knw wat went wrong and why she only approved my case. What should we do now?
Thanks!!

I am getting really worried now. Yesterday after our interview officer said she will approve our cases and everything looks fine. She also took our I 94s, but didn't stamp passports. She said you dont need that as you will get ur cards with in a week or two. She did stamp something on both the I 485s. Almost after one hour i received approval notice via Email & text but my husband didn't get anything yet. I dont knw wat went wrong and why she only approved my case. What should we do now?
Thanks!!

Only the principal applicant recieves the text and email notifications. Have you checked your status (both yours and your husband's) online?

I suggest give them a call and ask to speak with a L2 officer to find out what's going on with his case (he should be with you when you call in case they're unwilling to discuss his case with you).

Was it your husband that didn't receive bio letter also?

Yes, mine moved to card production and his is still in acceptance.

I suggest give them a call and ask to speak with a L2 officer to find out what's going on with his case (he should be with you when you call in case they're unwilling to discuss his case with you).
Was it your husband that didn't receive bio letter also?
Ohk will call them tomorrow morning. Yes he didn't receive bio letter becaz he had his biometrics taken in last October and they said they have that in file so he doesn't need new ones. During the interview she didn't mention anything about his other pending case with USCIS or fingerprints.
Thanks mom. I hope everything works out fine tomorrow.

Just keep your fingers crossed and be hopeful. It will all get sorted out and he will get his GC too. Let us know how the call goes tomorrow.

Good luck!

Ohk will call them tomorrow morning. Yes he didn't receive bio letter becaz he had his biometrics taken in last October and they said they have that in file so he doesn't need new ones. During the interview she didn't mention anything about his other pending case with USCIS or fingerprints.
Thanks mom. I hope everything works out fine tomorrow.

Interview Experience

We had our interview on 30th. it was about 45min for both of us. the lady officer was very nice and kind of friendly.
She was knowledgable about DV program and deadline.
First she starts asking about ourself and daughter. She asked for passports and photo ID's.
I forgot put information about my daughter. But there was no issue as she is US citizen but officer wrote it down in our I-485 her name. Then most of the questions was asked to me as i was Primary applicant. She asked me about my Job, company, previous address I stayed, Current address proof, Bank statement , H1B status, OPT. I have different state license and she was concern why i have not change it to California- i made some excuse as I keep moving on contract position to different locations. Then about our marriage.
She verified our original documents like H1B approval notice, Marriage certificate followed by I-485 yes or no questions. For my wife similar questions yes or No, how many entry and exits in USA.

Overall interview was good. She said she will 3-4 days more as she need to review our case.
Then after everything was done I told her we are planning to travel out of country by 16th August. so that we can surprise our family by attending few marriages in our family. She then she will make decision end of the day and gave us hope everything looks good so don't worry. She even told she will call tomorrow to update us if their is any delay to get our Green card in mail, take INFOPASS appointment and she will stamp our passports so that we can travel and took our cell numbers.
Its good that I told her about our plans. I saw yesterday itself our status was showing Card production and today showing decision.

Thanks to ALLAH. I will be traveling to my country after 5 years. After give surprise to family members.
This forum is really helpful and thank you all for your answers and suggestions.
Special thanks to Sm1smom and aos13, you guys were always supportive
God bless everyone. and Good Luck to all who are waiting for their interview.

We had our interview on 30th. it was about 45min for both of us. the lady officer was very nice and kind of friendly.
She was knowledgable about DV program and deadline.
First she starts asking about ourself and daughter. She asked for passports and photo ID's.
I forgot put information about my daughter. But there was no issue as she is US citizen but officer wrote it down in our I-485 her name. Then most of the questions was asked to me as i was Primary applicant. She asked me about my Job, company, previous address I stayed, Current address proof, Bank statement , H1B status, OPT. I have different state license and she was concern why i have not change it to California- i made some excuse as I keep moving on contract position to different locations. Then about our marriage.
She verified our original documents like H1B approval notice, Marriage certificate followed by I-485 yes or no questions. For my wife similar questions yes or No, how many entry and exits in USA.

Overall interview was good. She said she will 3-4 days more as she need to review our case.
Then after everything was done I told her we are planning to travel out of country by 16th August. so that we can surprise our family by attending few marriages in our family. She then she will make decision end of the day and gave us hope everything looks good so don't worry. She even told she will call tomorrow to update us if their is any delay to get our Green card in mail, take INFOPASS appointment and she will stamp our passports so that we can travel and took our cell numbers.
Its good that I told her about our plans. I saw yesterday itself our status was showing Card production and today showing decision.

Thanks to ALLAH. I will be traveling to my country after 5 years. After give surprise to family members.
This forum is really helpful and thank you all for your answers and suggestions.
Special thanks to Sm1smom and aos13, you guys were always supportive
God bless everyone. and Good Luck to all who are waiting for their interview.

Congrats Ahmed ! Inshala Mabrouk :) , happy for you !

Wow! Congrats ahmed_nov!! Phew! Looks like I can now rest from all those pms and trying to put you out of your endless worries :p

I'm very happy for you and your family ;), and equally happy to have been of help. Enjoy your 'green status'

Some good news guys !
Today our status moved to Card/ Document Production. It looks like it s over now. A veeery long journey and a nice reward after all. Good luck to all who are still waiting to adjust their status and I wish you enough patience along your journeys. Thanks to all members who actively helped and provided support and guidance to other people. I shouldn't forget the admin of this forum for providing and maintaining this important tool to the community.