• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Anyone? :)

Helly everyone, i finally got my DV fee receipt (its the same form with paid stamp right? - phewww thank god) . I ll be current in August and im collecting all my documents :) . I have quite a few questions :p . Im sorry but i just wanna make it right.

1. For Chicago lockbox, do i need to include my original documents (such as, transcripts and diplomas, what about DV fee receipt?). If i dont include originals, do i ve to notorize the copies. I dont know where to notorize here in U.S.
2. I have not received my diploma for bachelors yet (graduated on may). However, i do have my transcript. Does it matter if i send just the transcript?
3. For high school, back home we only ve 2 years and they dont call it diploma if its 2 years. So they give us high school transcript and something called 'provisional certificate' which has the education board seal. Should i include just the transcript or both.
4. In the forms (i 485 and g 325a), there are few sections where the answer may be none but they ve other branch boxes. (for eg: list your present spouse and children, and there are like 10 rows..)Do i ve to write none in each of them or just the very first top box is fine?
5. A# is the USCIS# in my OPT card right?

Well, thats it for now...I know its a lot but i hope i ll get some kind of reply to get going. I thank you all for taking me this far.

Congrats on getting the GCs!

Did you and your wife do the interview together in the same room or one after another in 15 minutes? Did you have to show the interview letter separately?

We came in and did the interview together. We dropped off our interview letters in a special tray and they picked it up later - this is the "check-in" process for our FO. Hope this helps.

Anyone? :(

Helly everyone, i finally got my DV fee receipt (its the same form with paid stamp right? - phewww thank god) . I ll be current in August and im collecting all my documents :) . I have quite a few questions :p . Im sorry but i just wanna make it right.

1. For Chicago lockbox, do i need to include my original documents (such as, transcripts and diplomas, what about DV fee receipt?). If i dont include originals, do i ve to notorize the copies. I dont know where to notorize here in U.S.
2. I have not received my diploma for bachelors yet (graduated on may). However, i do have my transcript. Does it matter if i send just the transcript?
3. For high school, back home we only ve 2 years and they dont call it diploma if its 2 years. So they give us high school transcript and something called 'provisional certificate' which has the education board seal. Should i include just the transcript or both.
4. In the forms (i 485 and g 325a), there are few sections where the answer may be none but they ve other branch boxes. (for eg: list your present spouse and children, and there are like 10 rows..)Do i ve to write none in each of them or just the very first top box is fine?
5. A# is the USCIS# in my OPT card right?

Well, thats it for now...I know its a lot but i hope i ll get some kind of reply to get going. I thank you all for taking me this far.

1. NO, never include your originals. Make copies and bring the originals to the interview.
2. I'm not sure.
3.I'm not sure either
4.I only wrote NONE in the first line. Someone will hopefully tell us the correct way to fill out that section.
5. I read you can either leave it blank or write the A# you have on your OPT card.

1. NO, never include your originals. Make copies and bring the originals to the interview.
2. I'm not sure.
3.I'm not sure either
4.I only wrote NONE in the first line. Someone will hopefully tell us the correct way to fill out that section.
5. I read you can either leave it blank or write the A# you have on your OPT card.

Thanks for the reply Bramb90. Do i have to notorize the copies ?

Response below:

Helly everyone, i finally got my DV fee receipt (its the same form with paid stamp right? - yes, it is - phewww thank god) . I ll be current in August and im collecting all my documents :) . I have quite a few questions :p . Im sorry but i just wanna make it right.

Clear copies only, no they do not need to be notarized. Keep the originals and take them to the interview

2. I have not received my diploma for bachelors yet (graduated on may). However, i do have my transcript. Does it matter if i send just the transcript? Yes, you can send the transcripts

3. For high school, back home we only ve 2 years and they dont call it diploma if its 2 years. So they give us high school transcript and something called 'provisional certificate' which has the education board seal. Should i include just the transcript or both. - Include copies of both, and take the original to your interview

4. In the forms (i 485 and g 325a), there are few sections where the answer may be none but they ve other branch boxes. (for eg: list your present spouse and children, and there are like 10 rows..)Do i ve to write none in each of them or just the very first top box is fine? Putting "None" or "N/A" on the first line is enough

5. A# is the USCIS# in my OPT card right? - You can leave the sections asking for Alien # blank if the number on your OPT card does not specifically say "Alien Number"

Your husband is the principal applicant, correct? Is he employed? If yes, you shouldn't
need an affidavit of support. He should just put together his W2s, tax returns, pay stubs, employment letter, banks statements, anything that can be used to prove a steady source of income.

Good luck with your interview.

Yes husband is the principal and employed. When we received the Request for Evidence attachement it says my husband has to submit the following:
-Form I-134 Affidavit of support and supporting docs
-Evidence of personal financial assets (bank statements, stocks,bonds, real estate etc)
-Offer of employment
-Verification of employment
We are planning on bringing whatever we have just in case. Anyone else have experience with this particular request? How far bank should bank statement be and can I just being the first page(summary) rather than pages of itemised transactions? Interview is tomorrow morning,eek!

Yes husband is the principal and employed. When we received the Request for Evidence attachement it says my husband has to submit the following:
-Form I-134 Affidavit of support and supporting docs
-Evidence of personal financial assets (bank statements, stocks,bonds, real estate etc)
-Offer of employment
-Verification of employment
We are planning on bringing whatever we have just in case. Anyone else have experience with this particular request? How far bank should bank statement be and can I just being the first page(summary) rather than pages of itemised transactions? Interview is tomorrow morning,eek!

The list included with your interview letter is a generic list. No issue will be made out of not having an affidavit of support once he's able to show evidence of a steady source of income such as employment letter, pay stubs, etc. Remember to take along documents jointly listing both of you (if you have such as car registration papers, rental agreements/deeds of title if you own your own home), and so on.

Relax, you guys will be fine.

Good luck!

Hey guys,
I recently moved in a new house and I'm confused about how to update my new address. I heard that filling AR 11 may delay the process. Has anyone filled it and received mails on his new address?

Doing a change of address at this point in time is not a good idea. Arrange to pick your mail from your previous address if you can till you finish this process.

Hey guys,
I recently moved in a new house and I'm confused about how to update my new address. I heard that filling AR 11 may delay the process. Has anyone filled it and received mails on his new address?

Hi everyone,

My lastname was changed when I was 2-year old and it is mentioned in the last page of my birth certificate. I wrote it as other names in my I485 file. But when I went for biometric, I asked the officer if I should write it or not for background check, he said no, because I don't have any documents, Ids,... with that name. Now I'm worried that it conflicts with my I485. Do I need to do anything? should I take the modified i485 with me to the interview (with blank box for other name)? Do you thing it can make any trouble for me?

thanks,

Guys,
Although I attached G1145 myself but my wife got two texts and two emails with two different receipt numbers as a primary applicant, is that OK? for the rest such as bio letter or interview letter we get separate ones?
Thanks,

Yes, only the principal applicant receives the texts and email messages. For the biometrics, there should be a letter addressed to you too. Regarding the interview letter, it depends on your FO, they could send a single letter to your spouse, but it will mention you too.

Guys,
Although I attached G1145 myself but my wife got two texts and two emails with two different receipt numbers as a primary applicant, is that OK? for the rest such as bio letter or interview letter we get separate ones?
Thanks,

I don't see this as a major issue, a new I-485 shouldn't be necessary at the time of your interview.

Hi everyone,

My lastname was changed when I was 2-year old and it is mentioned in the last page of my birth certificate. I wrote it as other names in my I485 file. But when I went for biometric, I asked the officer if I should write it or not for background check, he said no, because I don't have any documents, Ids,... with that name. Now I'm worried that it conflicts with my I485. Do I need to do anything? should I take the modified i485 with me to the interview (with blank box for other name)? Do you thing it can make any trouble for me?

thanks,

For all those current in May who were getting worried about not receiving their interview letters, if you read through this thread from the beginning or previous AOS threads, went over the DV timelines spreadsheet, you would have realized most of your cases were still within the normal time frame. Processing takes between 1-3 months.

While its good to call USCIS every now and then and kind of 'put them under pressure' since it gives us the feeling of being proactive and doing something, I however hate to burst some of your bubbles. It's simply a matter of coincidence when you interview letter arrives or is printed within a day or 2 of such calls, USCIS simply doesn't work like that (I wish they did).

Congratulations to all those who just got their letters and all the best at the interview. For those yet to receive, hang in there, those letters are on their way.

Thank you for the encouraging words mom :) Patience is virtue!!!