• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

what have you decided?

Hi guys,

My number is not current in August :( does anybody know what are my chances?

Hi, i am in the same situation as you,my number is not current in August, i called DOS and they said my number will be current on september.

Hi friends,
My package was delivered on Monday, July 1st, I attached G1145 also but have not received text or email for e-notification, when should I expect it?
Thanks

i won greencard lottery for fiscal year 2013, my number will be current on september 1st 2013,but i only have until september 30th 2012 to have my interview with USCIS.I called USCIS and they told me i have to file for expedite when i apply for change of status which i am planning to file on sept 1st.Currently i have set up an appointment with the local office so i can get more information.Also Department of state said if i wont change my status by sept 30th i will be disqualified for the lottery.I am just trying to find out if USCIS will be able to set up an interview withing a month,i am sure i am not the first on to be in this situation.

Seems you are using multiple user names which is NOT a good etiquette!

anyways....http://forums.immigration.com/showt...-visa-number-is-current&p=2635881#post2635881

Best!

**UPDATE**
Got my interview letter today for the last day of July. Letter is dated 6/27 but was mailed on 3rd July. No idea why that was done. It says look at the attachment for documents to bring and there's no attachment :)
I check my mail everyday at 3 and today I did at 2:45 n saw nothing in there. I went back n booked a hotel room for our infopass on Tuesday morning (Non-refundable). Just went back to double check in the night and found the letter. Such an irony....
Well at least I have the letter.
All the best to everyone waiting..Everyones letter is on the way :)

Congrats!!!! united1 and good luck for the interview.

I have all my documents ready, just need to get my bank statement.
As I am primary applicant and working do I need to show any sponsorship for my wife or just show them joint bank statement.

When we are going for interview can I take my daughter along with us or USCIS will have any problem on it. We don't want to leave her alone.

Yesterday I have requested congresswomen of LA county to inquire about my case, they call me today and said they have spoken to USCIS about my case and its going in right direction. My interview should be scheduled by this month and not later than August.

Atleast I came to know something. Hope this work out and we receive Interview letter soon.

Hi Ahmed, how do you go about contacting your congresswomen? I am in Los Angeles as well but have no idea how.

Helly everyone, i finally got my DV fee receipt (its the same form with paid stamp right? - phewww thank god) . I ll be current in August and im collecting all my documents :) . I have quite a few questions :p . Im sorry but i just wanna make it right.

1. For Chicago lockbox, do i need to include my original documents (such as, transcripts and diplomas, what about DV fee receipt?). If i dont include originals, do i ve to notorize the copies. I dont know where to notorize here in U.S.
2. I have not received my diploma for bachelors yet (graduated on may). However, i do have my transcript. Does it matter if i send just the transcript?
3. For high school, back home we only ve 2 years and they dont call it diploma if its 2 years. So they give us high school transcript and something called 'provisional certificate' which has the education board seal. Should i include just the transcript or both.
4. In the forms (i 485 and g 325a), there are few sections where the answer may be none but they ve other branch boxes. (for eg: list your present spouse and children, and there are like 10 rows..)Do i ve to write none in each of them or just the very first top box is fine?
5. A# is the USCIS# in my OPT card right?

Well, thats it for now...I know its a lot but i hope i ll get some kind of reply to get going. I thank you all for taking me this far.

Yes, both came in at the same time. Our interviews are scheduled 15 min apart but our lawyer said that will most likely come in together.

Congrats on getting the GCs!

Did you and your wife do the interview together in the same room or one after another in 15 minutes? Did you have to show the interview letter separately?

Same thing with me.. the package was delivered on July 1st, but haven't received any notification.

Does someone know when should I expect it?

Hi friends,
My package was delivered on Monday, July 1st, I attached G1145 also but have not received text or email for e-notification, when should I expect it?
Thanks

Same thing with me.. the package was delivered on July 1st, but haven't received any notification.

Does someone know when should I expect it?

There's no cause for panic for now. Did either of you use personal checks to make payment for the aos fee or did you use cashier's checks. This is why we've always recommended for people to use personal checks for this, because you can always monitor your account and confirm if the check has been cashed or not. Once the check is cashed, then you know your case has been accepted even if you're yet to get the text/email confirmation or while still waiting to receive the official I-797 acceptance notice. If you used a cashier's check, you'll just have to keep your fingers crossed and wait.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but that's not likely to happen. But I'm guessing your check will be cashed shortly, which in itself is a good sign.

Thanks sm1smom
I used personal check, I hope we get bio letter before July 15th to speed up the process.

I hope it happens because some guys mentioned that they got bio letter after about two weeks, anyway, thanks.