• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

In addition to what you've listed above, you need:
Form G-1145 (E-Notification)
Copy of Marriage Certificate
Copy of Employment Letter (if applicable)
Copy(ies) of W2s

You do not need a Police Clearance Certificate.

The more the documents you send in with your I-485 package, the less the scrutiny you get to face with the IO at the time of your interview, in my opinion.

very true sm1smom, I sent everything I had with the application, which made the interview super quick.

Hey guys, hows everyone doing? Its been a while. Alright, so i send the DV lottery fee with self stamped envelope and from to DOS and i haven't heard since. Its been like more than two weeks after they received my fee. Is it suppose to take that long?

It usually takes about 2 weeks. You can send an email inquiry to KCC, they could email the receipt to you also, it's been done in the past for some.

Hey guys, hows everyone doing? Its been a while. Alright, so i send the DV lottery fee with self stamped envelope and from to DOS and i haven't heard since. Its been like more than two weeks after they received my fee. Is it suppose to take that long?

Hi, everybody

I want to share my experience with you.

My interview was on wednesday 12/6 ( dv lottery winner 2013 ).

The interviews went smooth, no strange question were asked.

there was two issues.

The first one, form A 325 (biography form ) was requested to be sent to the USCIS.

The second issue, my file was not requested from Kentucky center. The officer told

that usually the officer supervisor who ask for your file and he did not.

she told me this might take one to two weeks.

bUT THE OFFICER REASSURED ME THAT I WILL NOT EXCEED 60 DAYS TO RECEIVE YOUR GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL.

Is there anyone met such situation before.

today I contacted Kentucky center, they told USCIS still does not request my file.

I call the 800 number of USCIS no information was shown to her.

ANY SUGGESTION WILL BE APPRECIATING.

tHANKS

MY REGARDS.

LOSING PATIENCE WITH USCIS

I called USCIS today and the lady told me that my case can take upto 5 months and is within processing times. She is not ready to listen that DV cases need to be completed by Sept 30. I checked processing times for my field office and it shows Nov 22. 2012. Does his mean they are processing cases of Nov 2012???

I have my EAD/AP card received last Saturday. Not sure what,s going on. Anyone having to wait this long? My case was current in April 2013. We just have 3 months left now.... USCIS does not give clear answer.... I am about to explode here......

Your case seems to be one of the unusual DV AOS cases. You mentioned that the IO told you, at the end of your interview, that he/she couldn't approve your case because of your pending I-131. That in itself is a bit unusual, it's the first I've heard/read of an I-485 decision being withheld due to a pending I-131. Is it possible the IO isn't familiar with DV cases? It's also possible your background check is still pending. Do you have any idea if you've cleared the FBI background check? You might want to call up the FBI number and check on your case, delayed DV AOS applicants have made such calls in the past. Try calling this number: +1 304-625-5590.

You can also call USCIS again and insist on speaking with a Level 2 rep, leave a call back number if there's a long waiting period. If the Level 2 personnel is unable to provide any new information, they can atleast send in an inquiry to your FO.
Good luck!
=

I called USCIS today and the lady told me that my case can take upto 5 months and is within processing times. She is not ready to listen that DV cases need to be completed by Sept 30. I checked processing times for my field office and it shows Nov 22. 2012. Does his mean they are processing cases of Nov 2012???

I have my EAD/AP card received last Saturday. Not sure what,s going on. Anyone having to wait this long? My case was current in April 2013. We just have 3 months left now.... USCIS does not give clear answer.... I am about to explode here......

Not much to be done, except continue to exercise some patience and give KCC/USCIC a call every other day or so. A couple of DV2012 AOS applicants faced this same situation too, but they eventually got their GC. Check the signature part of their postings to see when they did their interview and when they eventully got their GC:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?323596-DV-2012-AOS-Only/page34&p=2579612#post2579612

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?323596-DV-2012-AOS-Only/page35&p=2579794#post2579794

The waiting can be frustrating, especially so close to the end of the line, but don't worry you will pull through also.

Hi, everybody

The first one, form A 325 (biography form ) was requested to be sent to the USCIS.

The second issue, my file was not requested from Kentucky center. The officer told that usually the officer supervisor who ask for your file and he did not. she told me this might take one to two weeks. bUT THE OFFICER REASSURED ME THAT I WILL NOT EXCEED 60 DAYS TO RECEIVE YOUR GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL.

today I contacted Kentucky center, they told USCIS still does not request my file. I call the 800 number of USCIS no information was shown to her.

tHANKS

MY REGARDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Result

Hi, everybody

The interviews went smooth, no strange question were asked.

there was two issues.

The second issue, my file was not requested from Kentucky center. The officer told

that usually the officer supervisor who ask for your file and he did not.

she told me this might take one to two weeks.

bUT THE OFFICER REASSURED ME THAT I WILL NOT EXCEED 60 DAYS TO RECEIVE YOUR GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL.

today I contacted Kentucky center, they told USCIS still does not request my file.

I call the 800 number of USCIS no information was shown to her.

tHANKS

MY REGARDS.

Hi,
I had the interview today and everything seemed to be normal. I am doing AOS based on wining 2013 DV Lottery. The officer seemed very friendly, asked questions from the I-485, and requested the DV fee receipt and the Drivers License. She didn't ask for anything else (even my passport). Then, she kept typing on her computer and made a copy of my DV fee receipt. Finally she told me that everything on the application seems alright but she cannot make a decision since she needs to contact Kentucky center for my "Visa Package". (HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF IT?) She gave me a white paper entitled Interview Results. In this paper she checked "Further review of your application/relating file is necessary to determine eligibility." She said it might take a month for the center to respond. I also contacted KCC and they told me they have not received any request from USCIS. Has anybody received the white paper with the "Further review ..." checked? So nervous please help!

Thanks much!

Hey Guys !!!!

Did anyone received the interview letter for the month of May?
I called USCIS today and asked them about my case, officer was not knowledgeable about DV lottery program timeline.
She said my FO is Los Angles FO. And gone through all the stuff and said my FO is processing applications from Nov 2012 and my case is in normal processing time. I told her that DV cases are special and different than other category. We have to get our Green card by September 30th 2013 or else we will loose this opportunity.
Then she said she can file the request to expedite the process based on the DV lottery system and I should hear back from USCIS via mail if nothing happens call after 24th June. I will wait until June end and see what's going on.

I guess couple of guys have issue with Los Angeles FO, it took months for them to get interview letter.
How long shall we wait and take a decision to contact congressman? :(

Hey Guys !!!!

I called USCIS today and asked them about my case, officer was not knowledgeable about DV lottery program timeline.
She said my FO is Los Angles FO. And gone through all the stuff and said my FO is processing applications from Nov 2012 and my case is in normal processing time. I told her that DV cases are special and different than other category. We have to get our Green card by September 30th 2013 or else we will loose this opportunity.
Then she said she can file the request to expedite the process based on the DV lottery system and I should hear back from USCIS via mail if nothing happens call after 24th June. I will wait until June end and see what's going on.

I guess couple of guys have issue with Los Angeles FO, it took months for them to get interview letter.

I'm in the LA area but my FO is in Chatsworth (SFV). We were current in May and our interview is scheduled for 6/25 - see my signature for more details.

I'm in the LA area but my FO is in Chatsworth (SFV). We were current in May and our interview is scheduled for 6/25 - see my signature for more details.

hmmmm. I hope we all get it soon. By the way How do we come to know which FO is ours, based on my zip code the officer provided me Los Angeles location. I live in Cerritos,CA.

Goodluck for your Interview!!!!!!!

Hey Guys !!!!

Ahmed, I will be calling them tomorrow too. Minneapolis is pretty fast with interview letters but I don't knw why we haven't got it yet. Bongo boy already got his letter for may from the same location. I hope every1 will start getting thr letters soon.

AOS u gotta speak to level two officer. If that doesn't work out, you should look into getting a info pass. don't worry abt it, I knw waiting is pain in a** but m sure you will get ur card. I hope things work out well for ya. Cheers!!

Etiuda,
I see from ur timeline that u already got ur EAD, tas really fast. Did u apply for AP too?

current april/no interview letter yet/nyc

Hey guys,

I am current in April (done my biometrics on 4/19 as walk-in), I received the EAD on June 11th. I did not apply to advanced parole. I am waiting for my interview letter like many others, which is very very frustrating......I called USCIS and transferred to level II and all he told me that everything is within normal processing time. When I mentioned him about it is a DV case, he told me that my field office (New York City FO) should know about it.

Well, I am planning to have an info-pass, just to ask an IO whether they are aware that it is a DV case and expedite my case on DV eligibility and also ask them whether they have my file from KCC . Do you think it is a good idea? and got any advises for info-pass?

best

Taz

Yesterday I was not able to talk to Level 2 Officer but customer service agent was able to generate a case to inquire about my case. Status shows my file is still in USCIS national Benefits Center , Lee Summit , MO. Without this A-file transferred to Field Office, They cannot make any decision. And I do not why my I-485 status still shows Acceptance stage. Is this common for everyone???

QUOTE=Sm1smom;2632978]Your case seems to be one of the unusual DV AOS cases. You mentioned that the IO told you, at the end of your interview, that he/she couldn't approve your case because of your pending I-131. That in itself is a bit unusual, it's the first I've heard/read of an I-485 decision being withheld due to a pending I-131. Is it possible the IO isn't familiar with DV cases? It's also possible your background check is still pending. Do you have any idea if you've cleared the FBI background check? You might want to call up the FBI number and check on your case, delayed DV AOS applicants have made such calls in the past. Try calling this number: +1 304-625-5590.

You can also call USCIS again and insist on speaking with a Level 2 rep, leave a call back number if there's a long waiting period. If the Level 2 personnel is unable to provide any new information, they can atleast send in an inquiry to your FO.
Good luck!
=[/QUOTE]

Etiuda,
I see from ur timeline that u already got ur EAD, tas really fast. Did u apply for AP too?
Still havent received EAD/AP. I left those dates blank in my signature. My apologies, if it's confusing.

We really hope that our I-765 and 131 get approved before the interview or this causes no problems at the interview, if they're not approved. Based on a common sense and what our lawyer said this logically should not affect the approval decision.

We're keeping our fingers crossed, saying our prayers, and just waiting. This entire procces had been nothing but a nerve-wrecking roller coaster for us. This is mainly because of our extremely unique situation. If any of you are interested, see my earlier post/thread http://forums.immigration.com/showt...res-Before-Number-Becomes-Current-what-to-do-!

How do I know whether my file is FO or not?
When I asked the officer did they send my file to FO she was not clear on that and said your application is under review.
When I checked my status it shows my file is in NBC, Lee Summit,MO.

How do I know whether my file is FO or not?
When I asked the officer did they send my file to FO she was not clear on that and said your application is under review.
When I checked my status it shows my file is in NBC, Lee Summit,MO.

We called KCC and they told us that our packet was sent to FO less than one month after it was received.

Hey guys,

This is my 5th try to post my experience w/ interview. It says my post needs to be approved by a moderator but nothing happens.

Lets see if this will work!!!