• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I-485 questions

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding AOS package. Some how USPS have lost I-539 approval copy that belongs to my wife.
I have already requested USCIS for duplicate copy I don't know how long this will take~90 days they said to me.
Meanwhile my CN is current in May.

1. Can submit the AOS package without my wife I-539 approval notice or wait for it?
2. My birth certificate is in Arabic I already got it Translated in English. Do i need to send the Arabic version copy also?
3. I did my medical they just gave me 2 shots (MMR,TD ), Blood test and TB test is it enough? Doctor said i don't need any other shots. i don't have any of the old records either.
4. Also I need a complete checklist for AOS ?

Thanks United1.

I asked doctor. He said that's all you need for your age. Even for my wife it was same.
I have to collect my reports tomorrow, I will ask him again.

My number will be current in May...FINALLY! Excited ad scared at the same time! :)

I'm filling out my I-485 and I'm having some questions I hope you guys can help me with?

1. In part ONE it asks "C/O (in care of)". I'm a student on a F-1 and am renting a floor from a landlord. I live with my older sister here who is also on F-1. I don't talk to the landlord so she's not really taking care of me is she? My sister, being the older sibling automatically takes care of me but she's just a sister, not some kind of adult that works etc. Neither my parents live in America. What shall I write down?

2. "Current USCIS Status"? I don't know what this means...F-1?
It also asks when 'it' expires..what expires? The I-94 or the USCIS? >_<

for part TWO: It tells me to check one but I don't think any apply to me? I mean, I got selected for the DV Visa, and am taking my chances. Which one to check?

Thank you whoever is willing to answer this, I appreciate it alot :) I'm seeing so many receive their GC already, makes me excited (and very nervous..and scared) for my turn!

Oh also! I read somewhere that I needed to submit my photographs along with the I-485 that is no longer than 1 month after submission? Does it have to be a month? I made pictures fro 6 months ago and honestly, I haven't changed except for a haircut. :eek:

Most of the columns on the spreadsheet will not make any sense because you haven't even sent in your I-485 package yet, once you get to each of stages, the spreadsheet will make more sense. For now, you might want to note that 'ASC' stands for 'Application Support Centre' (this is where you get to do your Biometric) and 'FO' stands for 'Field Office' (where your interview will take place).

Like varxx already indicated, this is the correct spreadsheet for DV2013:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

There's been some back and forth over whether one can/should send in their I-485 package in advance of case number being current. At this stage, for those with higher case numbers, I suggest you make the call yourself. You can send in your package ahead of time if you wish, (most of us waited till we were current before doing so - maybe because we had lower case numbers?:confused:, maybe, maybe not). Anyway, if you decide to send it in early, I suggest you do so once your advance notification is released on the visa bulletin. That should buy you some time (that buys you like 2 months' time frame), should USCIC decide to reject and return the package, in that case the only thing you loose is your mailing fee and you get to re-send when your case becomes current.

Hello everyone

can someone answer my question please? I am trying to add my information to the spread and I am confused on what the different columns mean.

in the timeline spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CKu6h5UN&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

some people, such as karen127 and many others (please see spreadsheet link above), was current in June 2011 but sent his AOS package to chicago in 4/11/2011.
I was wondering if we could send out package to chicago before our case number becomes current

Thank you very much for the help!

Response Below:

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding AOS package. Some how USPS have lost I-539 approval copy that belongs to my wife.
I have already requested USCIS for duplicate copy I don't know how long this will take~90 days they said to me.
Meanwhile my CN is current in May.

1. Can submit the AOS package without my wife I-539 approval notice or wait for it? I suggest you go ahead and submit your package when you're current, time is of essence, get your DV adjustment case before USCIC as soon as possible, if there's going to be an issue, they will send you a RFE and you can deal with that down the road.

2. My birth certificate is in Arabic I already got it Translated in English. Do i need to send the Arabic version copy also? Send both

3. I did my medical they just gave me 2 shots (MMR,TD ), Blood test and TB test is it enough? Doctor said i don't need any other shots. i don't have any of the old records either. You're fine with what you've been given, your medical is in order

4. Also I need a complete checklist for AOS ?

Response Below:

My number will be current in May...FINALLY! Excited ad scared at the same time! :)

I'm filling out my I-485 and I'm having some questions I hope you guys can help me with?

1. In part ONE it asks "C/O (in care of)". I'm a student on a F-1 and am renting a floor from a landlord. I live with my older sister here who is also on F-1. I don't talk to the landlord so she's not really taking care of me is she? My sister, being the older sibling automatically takes care of me but she's just a sister, not some kind of adult that works etc. Neither my parents live in America. What shall I write down? The "c/o" is really for mail receipt. You can leave that section blank if you have direct access to your mail, you only need to fill it out if you're using someone else's address to receive mail, or you don't live at the address and you need this person to receive mail on your behalf.

2. "Current USCIS Status"? I don't know what this means...F-1? Yes, your USCIS status is F1
It also asks when 'it' expires..what expires? The I-94 or the USCIS? >_< F1 visa expiration date

for part TWO: It tells me to check one but I don't think any apply to me? I mean, I got selected for the DV Visa, and am taking my chances. Which one to check? Select "H" and write: 'DV VISA LOTTERY WINNER-COPY OF LETTER ATTACHED' in front of it.

Thank you whoever is willing to answer this, I appreciate it alot :) I'm seeing so many receive their GC already, makes me excited (and very nervous..and scared) for my turn!

The IO printed approval letters right after telling we were approved and gave them to us.

Pryanik :)

It is surprising that everybody's experience is different. In our case, IO just said we were approved. That's it, no removal of I-94s, no stamp, no signed letter.

In different note, today, online status has changed and said that we mailed your Green card on 19 April..., but I dont see any tracking number?

Jay,

Wait until the evening after 7 pm and check again. USPS has not picked your mail up yet.

It is surprising that everybody's experience is different. In our case, IO just said we were approved. That's it, no removal of I-94s, no stamp, no signed letter.

In different note, today, online status has changed and said that we mailed your Green card on 19 April..., but I dont see any tracking number?

Jay,

Wait until the evening after 7 pm and check again. USPS has not picked your mail up yet.

yes, as Pryanik said,
After online status changed to CPO, there will be few changed in online status even it is all under CPO.
First, card production was ordered.
then, USPS picked up......... with track number.
Then, when the green card is delivered, status changed to CPO with description of USPS reported it is delivered on date.
something like that.

Once you got tracking number, card will be delivered within 2-3 days.

yes, as Pryanik said,
After online status changed to CPO, there will be few changed in online status even it is all under CPO.
Once you got tracking number, card will be delivered within 2-3 days.

Thanks Pryanik and rnotk! Waiting for the non-green Green card. Card itself is not green, isn't it?

MelanieT,

Expiration date should be the date on your I-20. Technically, your F-1 status is good until I-20 expiration, not the visa. Either way is OK though, I don't think anbody will give a hard time if any of these dates are written to the form.

Yes, the green card is green :) It has changed quite a bit during the years. I didn't realize that the SSN card also has changed quite a few number of times. Now it comes with a gold "USA" imprint and an issue date.

My dad has been constantly asking me to go back to Indonesia for my summer break.
When I get my GC, can I go out of country? Or is there a specific limit I need to wait?

My dad has been constantly asking me to go back to Indonesia for my summer break.
When I get my GC, can I go out of country? Or is there a specific limit I need to wait?

I am not aware of such limit. It would be wise though to carry some documents with you like a rental agreement or something in case the IO at the airport gets suspicious about you having left the country next day you get your green card :) CP doers do that all the time, leaving the country as soon as they get their green cards, so it should be fine. One thing I would suggest is to let your school know of your green card so that they terminate your sevis record before you leave.

I am not aware of such limit. It would be wise though to carry some documents with you like a rental agreement or something in case the IO at the airport gets suspicious about you having left the country next day you get your green card :) CP doers do that all the time, leaving the country as soon as they get their green cards, so it should be fine. One thing I would suggest is to let your school know of your green card so that they terminate your sevis record before you leave.

During the interview, IO has told us that it is not recommended to be outside of country more than 6 months and card may be forfeited if you left USA >1 yrs. But, I would know about these details before leaving the country.