• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Thanks Sm1smom, do we need to carry any pay slips or W2 of the person doing I-134 for us.

Anyone else who had the interview was asked for AOS (I-134)?

I think I-134 instructions tell what you need, probably the person's tax returns, etc. If anybody else who went through the interview chips in, I'd appreciate. Especially with a spouse.

If you are instructed to have an affidavit of support, these are the documents that you need to obtain from your sponsor:

1. copy of us passport of green card
2. Letter from their employer, stating their ful job position title, yearly salary, etc.
3. Last three W2s
4. Pay stubs for the past 5 months

The Affidavit of support forms (both 134 and 864) have more accurate instructions. follow those.

Good luck,

I think I-134 instructions tell what you need, probably the person's tax returns, etc. If anybody else who went through the interview chips in, I'd appreciate. Especially with a spouse.

wow, its a lot of personal details. I do not know if someone would like to share their personal information.

1. copy of us passport of green card
2. Letter from their employer, stating their ful job position title, yearly salary, etc.
3. Last three W2s
4. Pay stubs for the past 5 months

Well, that is the whole point of obtaining an affidavit of support. The idea is that if you ever happen to become a public charge (god forbid) this person is going to fully support you (shelter, food, etc.) So, there should be a strong bound and trust between these parties.

wow, its a lot of personal details. I do not know if someone would like to share their personal information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree!
Well, that is the whole point of obtaining an affidavit of support. The idea is that if you ever happen to become a public charge (god forbid) this person is going to fully support you (shelter, food, etc.) So, there should be a strong bound and trust between these parties.

I am not 100% sure of this. But I was told that when you file a request for EAD/Advance parole in conjunction to I-485 application, these are processed separately by different entities. What I can tell for sure is that generally it takes 2-3 months for you to receive your EAD/Advance parole card.

Good luck,

Guys,
Anyone knows if the Advance parole document can be approved before the FBI check or after ?

I didn't get a sponsor when I filed my application. On the other hand, just about the only documentation that the visa officer asked me was proof of employment and pay stubs.

I got both my EAD/Advance parole card the same day as I got my green card. I keep it as a curiosity.

I am not 100% sure of this. But I was told that when you file a request for EAD/Advance parole in conjunction to I-485 application, these are processed separately by different entities. What I can tell for sure is that generally it takes 2-3 months for you to receive your EAD/Advance parole card.

Good luck,

2-3 months is the length of the all AOS procedure I think I take less time for DV. I read here, it is usually a good month after the biometrics.
I am anxiously waiting for my EAD, I'll have an interview for a new job very soon.

I didn't get a sponsor when I filed my application. On the other hand, just about the only documentation that the visa officer asked me was proof of employment and pay stubs.

I got both my EAD/Advance parole card the same day as I got my green card. I keep it as a curiosity.

Thanks for the information.
I didn't get a sponsor when I filed my application, but I sent proof of employment, tax returns and pay stubs with I-485.
It looks like preparation of these original documentations is good for interview.
I'm looking forward to hear from other people who finished interview to share their experiences.
Thanks!

Thanks for the information.
I didn't get a sponsor when I filed my application, but I sent proof of employment, tax returns and pay stubs with I-485.
It looks like preparation of these original documentations is good for interview.
I'm looking forward to hear from other people who finished interview to share their experiences.
Thanks!

I think I am in the similar situation with you.
I don't have particular sponsor with me, but I included employment letter, pay stubs and bank statement with I-485.
I dont have my interview yet, but I am planning to bring employment letter, recent pay stubs, bank statement with me.

by the way, please add/renew your info in the spread sheet for others. Thanks
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

post interview

Hi everyone,
First off, lemme commend the guys who run this site. You all are a godsend for those of us taking on the daunting task of AoS. I was selected for 2013, and sent in my $330 payment to KCC, however, the receipt I got was stamped with no signature..everything else went off without a hitch. I submitted my packet to Chicago and was being processed at Hialeah field office. Got my work permit, and just went to interview 2/28. The officer basically ran off the questions on the form, and left the room for a couple minutes. Afterwards she said everything checks out and there's nothing more for me to do. She said they needed documentation from DOS and they would summit the request for visa. However when I politely asked if it was approved, she said "not as yet, we just need to get the paperwork first". Any idea what it's about? Has anyone else gone through this? Any info would help. Thanks guys!

CP vs AOS

Case # DV2013AS000056**
AOS
Case Current: April 2013
Status: DV fee receipt collected, Waiting for MArch 31st to file I-485

Some of my friends back home (case # 65**, current in April) are doing Consular Processing and their interview is already scheduled for April 1. While it looks like my interview will be in June looking at the trend and if everything goes OK.

Looks like Consular processing is lot quicker than AOS. Will it be OK from visa number availability standpoint? I just want to make sure there is enough visa available for AOS as CP interview with higher case # are being scheduled quicker. OR Changing to CP from AOS is recommended at this point?

MFDV2013,
I think you are all set. I hope you already gave the dos receipt to the officer at the interview. For your reference dos receipt does not come with a signature, it is just a stamp that says your payment has been received. Good luck!

Good luck,

Thanks for the info. It looks like for high case numbers, processing time is shorter. I just can't understand if FBI check is performed before issuing advance parole or not. I am afraid FBI process will take forever ...

I see (unregistered) and Kazore have interview dates on the same day in NY, you guys may bump into each other :)
Good Luck!!

We are waiting for the interview letter, normal time to receive the letter is like two weeks right from the day we do biometrics? Waiting is hard!

MFDV2013,
I think you are all set. I hope you already gave the dos receipt to the officer at the interview. For your reference dos receipt does not come with a signature, it is just a stamp that says your payment has been received. Good luck!

It is weird though that io mentioned some paperwork, at that point everything should be set as far as dos is concerned. I thought they request the visa number at the interview, not after, and you leave the place knowing that you are done. Are they running out of numbers??

See response below:

Some of my friends back home (case # 65**, current in April) are doing Consular Processing and their interview is already scheduled for April 1. While it looks like my interview will be in June looking at the trend and if everything goes OK.

Looks like Consular processing is lot quicker than AOS. Will it be OK from visa number availability standpoint? Yes, CP goes faster than AOS interview-wise. However, you will be ok regarding visa availability, there's no need to panic

I just want to make sure there is enough visa available for AOS as CP interview with higher case # are being scheduled quicker. OR Changing to CP from AOS is recommended at this point? Changing to CP at this point is not likely to gain you any advantage. You will need to send updated forms to KCC if you're changing to CP. KCC will require enough time to process your file before sending it down to your applicable home embassy. There's no guarantee your file will be sent by the end of March or that you will be scheduled for an interview in your home country in April. The $330 fee you already paid will have to be paid again at your home embassy if you change to CP, and your US Medical Exam will not be admissible for CP processing.

Address in I-485 Form

Hello guys, hope everyone is doing great.

I'm preparing my AOS packet as i will be current in April and have some concerns regarding the address field in I-485. Thing is, i'm planning to move out of my current residence in next month or so. That's the reason why, i don't want to put my current address in I-485 but instead i'm planning to put my employer's address in there so that i dont lose any communication\letters from USCIS. Can we do something like this? Will it delay processing ?

FYI, My employer is also located in the same city as mine.

Thanks you guys. Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Change of status for wife from OPT to H1B

See response below:

Thank you for the information.

I am the primary applicant ,and have submitted DSP 122 and DS 230 for myself and wife. But My wife's status has changed from OPT to H1B since filing the forms. What should I do to change the status for my wife?

Thanks for the help.