• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

pju,

It is not concerning if you have not received the welcome letter yet. The fact that your online status has not changed since the day of interview (10 days ago) is a bit concerning. I recommend you to do a follow up on it (either by calling NBC or going for an infopass). Your online status should have changed a few times by now.

no didnt receive welcome letter either

waiting & passport

Hi all,
I was current in November, but my I-485 was accepted in October. I did my biometrics in October and I've received my EAD and advance parole, but no word on interview. When I call USCIS, they say my case is "proceeding as normal", however the online status still says "case not found" (the receipt numbers for the EAD and advance parole both show up, just not the receipt number for the I-485) . I'm wondering if anyone else here is doing a DV AOS at the Boston FO and whether I should be worried about the lack of movement (in the google doc it looks like folks who were current in January have already had their interviews scheduled).

Also, my passport expires in 4 months. I'm trying to find out if I can renew it without having to send it away (it still contains my visa), if not I'm wondering whether having a passport with imminent expiry will be a problem for the interview?

osoceans: I am not sure why your passport would be asked for during the interview. In CA, I was asked to present my driver's license as a form of identification. In any case, I presume your country's embassy/consulate has an emergency renewal procedure? I don't think having a passport with eminent expiry will present an issue by itself.

Hi all,
I was current in November, but my I-485 was accepted in October. I did my biometrics in October and I've received my EAD and advance parole, but no word on interview. When I call USCIS, they say my case is "proceeding as normal", however the online status still says "case not found" (the receipt numbers for the EAD and advance parole both show up, just not the receipt number for the I-485) . I'm wondering if anyone else here is doing a DV AOS at the Boston FO and whether I should be worried about the lack of movement (in the google doc it looks like folks who were current in January have already had their interviews scheduled).

Also, my passport expires in 4 months. I'm trying to find out if I can renew it without having to send it away (it still contains my visa), if not I'm wondering whether having a passport with imminent expiry will be a problem for the interview?

I am current in November and still no interview yet!!! :(( and for the online forget about it it might or might not work at all!!!

To my friends who have had successful interviews,

Has this happened to anybody that GC was received without getting a welcome letter?

My online status said my notification letter was mailed on 15th. I have not received anything yet. My card was mailed yesterday and I supposed to get it tomorrow. Anybody with the same condition?!

Hi all,
I was current in November, but my I-485 was accepted in October.
This is interesting. I thought one couldn't do that.

When I call USCIS, they say my case is "proceeding as normal", however the online status still says "case not found" (the receipt numbers for the EAD and advance parole both show up, just not the receipt number for the I-485) .

Depends on who you talk to. When you call them, ask for somebody who can look at your file, and they'll put you on hold waiting for 15-45 minutes and you'll be able to talk to an officer who can look at your file and tell you what's going on. The online thing is not too terribly accurate but "case not found" at this stage is concerning, so you might want to call them right away.

If it is not much of a trouble go ahead and extend it. If your consulate can do it in a matter of weeks, you might want to get it done. If you get an interview letter in the meanwhile, chances are it'll be scheduled at least 2-3 weeks from the time letter is sent, so you may still have time to renew your passport.

This is interesting. I thought one couldn't do that.

That's what I thought too, but my attorney said you can send it in a month before you're current and they accepted it - I ended up doing my biometrics before I was current

Depends on who you talk to. When you call them, ask for somebody who can look at your file, and they'll put you on hold waiting for 15-45 minutes and you'll be able to talk to an officer who can look at your file and tell you what's going on. The online thing is not too terribly accurate but "case not found" at this stage is concerning, so you might want to call them right away.

Yep I did that a few weeks ago, the first representative sounded concerned but then when he escalated it (and after an hour on hold) the next guy said it was proceeding normally and I just had to wait. I assume my I-485 is just in a pile of I-485's at the Boston FO, waiting to get to the top of the pile?

If it is not much of a trouble go ahead and extend it. If your consulate can do it in a matter of weeks, you might want to get it done. If you get an interview letter in the meanwhile, chances are it'll be scheduled at least 2-3 weeks from the time letter is sent, so you may still have time to renew your passport.
ok will do. I guess my biggest worry is that if I send them my passport I won't get the old one back, and it has my visa in it.

I also find it strange that your I-485 was accepted before your visa number became current - maybe one of those exceptionally luck ones? There's a known case of a current forum member whose application was rejected because it was received at the end of September while their visa current date was October.

Boston seems to be one of those FO that take forever to process 1-485 DV visa packages going by what is reflected on this DV Timeline spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqkGkUb-_3uxdE5oQjJDVlpvcTF1NDJaZWR0aTBQTHc&authkey=CKu6h5UN&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Don't know if it's going to be of any help, but you may also want to consider going for an infopass.

That's what I thought too, but my attorney said you can send it in a month before you're current and they accepted it - I ended up doing my biometrics before I was current

Yep I did that a few weeks ago, the first representative sounded concerned but then when he escalated it (and after an hour on hold) the next guy said it was proceeding normally and I just had to wait. I assume my I-485 is just in a pile of I-485's at the Boston FO, waiting to get to the top of the pile?

I assume my I-485 is just in a pile of I-485's at the Boston FO, waiting to get to the top of the pile?

I also think an infopass is a good idea.

ok will do. I guess my biggest worry is that if I send them my passport I won't get the old one back, and it has my visa in it.
Normally you always get your old passport back with invalidated bio page. You can double check with your consulate.

Getting accepted before being current depends on case by case. I read some posts in the previous years where some people applications got accepted and others were not. You never know, it depends on the people who are taking care of the processing.

I also find it strange that your I-485 was accepted before your visa number became current - maybe one of those exceptionally luck ones?

It's actually quite frequent. I remember when I read the forum of previous years a lot of people sent the I-485 before becoming current. Some of them were accepted and some others rejected.

I received my Receipt for DV fee paid to Dept of State. They sent my form back with "Received By" stamp but no signature and nothing. IS this normal?

Thank you for the response. I was worried due to the fact that there was no signature. Thank you Guys.

Current in April. Waiting for April 1 to file. Hopefully it will be OK as I have seen that it takes 3-5 months to go through all the process.