• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

For all those who will find out that they have been selected for DV 2013... post your questions here.

We will do our best to answer your questions as fully and thoroughly as possible.

I was selected for dv 2013AF59xxx i have been living in us for the last 15 yrs out of status F-1 visa. i have immediate relatives (mom& sis ) that are naturilized us citizens. Can i be allowed to adjust status over here i am getting an array of confusing answers.

jah bless

Unless you have the option of getting married to a US citizen (naturalized or U.S. born) on the table, you will not be able to adjust status in the U.S.

If you want to have better chances of getting your Green Card via DV lottery (since you have been selected), I would advise you to opt for CP (Consular Processing) in your country. This, however, is no guarantee you will be granted an immigrant visa (given the fact you've been out of status for 15 years), but you still have more chances of getting approved your immigration application through CP.

I was selected for dv 2013AF59xxx i have been living in us for the last 15 yrs out of status F-1 visa. i have immediate relatives (mom& sis ) that are naturilized us citizens. Can i be allowed to adjust status over here i am getting an array of confusing answers.

Unless you have the option of getting married to a US citizen (naturalized or U.S. born) on the table, you will not be able to adjust status in the U.S.

If you want to have better chances of getting your Green Card via DV lottery (since you have been selected), I would advise you to opt for CP (Consular Processing) in your country. This, however, is no guarantee you will be granted an immigrant visa (given the fact you've been out of status for 15 years), but you still have more chances of getting approved your immigration application through CP.

I am thinking of showing up for the CP interview with my girlfriend (us citizen)in tow but it is such a huge inconvenience.

You may want to talk to Human Resources about that and ask them if all that is feasible.

Processing times for I-765 may take anywhere from 1 month to 2.5 months (normal processing takes 3 months according to the USCIS website).

Thank you, Amine!

Sending DS122 to KCC

Hello Everybody,

I was wondering if anyone of you DV-2013 selectees have received a response for sending DS-122 to KCC.

I send mine about 10 days ago. I haven't received a receipt for it though. I called them today. The lady confirmed that they have received my form. However, when I asked if there is going to be any confirmation letter with further instructions for next steps, she said no and simplyI have to check their website for further information.

It seems that the call center operators tend to provide inconsistent answers (or even incorrect ones). Based on what I have read on this forum, I was expecting to get a letter from KCC. Am I right?

You are not going to receive a physical letter (in the mail) from KCC. You will receive an e-mail from them (with 2 attachments: a letter statement that they are aware you're going for AOS in the U.S., a copy of which you will have to send with your I-485 package to Chicago, and a short DV fee receipt form)

Hello Everybody,

I was wondering if anyone of you DV-2013 selectees have received a response for sending DS-122 to KCC.

I send mine about 10 days ago. I haven't received a receipt for it though. I called them today. The lady confirmed that they have received my form. However, when I asked if there is going to be any confirmation letter with further instructions for next steps, she said no and simplyI have to check their website for further information.

It seems that the call center operators tend to provide inconsistent answers (or even incorrect ones). Based on what I have read on this forum, I was expecting to get a letter from KCC. Am I right?

Amine,

Thanks for your reply.

There was no field to write email address in the form DS-122. Is KCC going to use the email address I provided during the DV registration?

You are not going to receive a physical letter (in the mail) from KCC. You will receive an e-mail from them (with 2 attachments: a letter statement that they are aware you're going for AOS in the U.S., a copy of which you will have to send with your I-485 package to Chicago, and a short DV fee receipt form)

Wow! That's an excellent question. How about the other form that you need to send along with DS-122? I'm sure it's got a field for the e-mail address.

Amine,

Thanks for your reply.

There was no field to write email address in the form DS-122. Is KCC going to use the email address I provided during the DV registration?

Amine,

What form do you mean? I was told that for AOS I should send:

DS-122, 2 photos, and the barcode page to KCC. do you mean the form DS-230 (with part I and part II)?

Wow! That's an excellent question. How about the other form that you need to send along with DS-122? I'm sure it's got a field for the e-mail address.

DV Entrant Status Check

Hi,

I have a question about the DV Entrant Status Check site (ESC).

I am planning to do a AOS and I have already sent the DS-122 to KCC. At the moment, when I log in to this website I can see the selection notification.

I was wondering when this status gonna change during the process. For example, when KCC finishes processing DS-122 forms, do they update the ESC page for these applicants?

Hi,

I am planning to do a AOS and I have already sent the DS-122 to KCC. At the moment, when I log in to this website I can see the selection notification.

I was wondering when this status gonna change during the process. For example, when KCC finishes processing DS-122 forms, do they update the ESC page for these applicants?

No. That page stays the same throughout the process.

When KCC communicates with DV winners through email, they always email you in the email address you provided in your original DV entry.

Hi,

It never changes.

Diversity Fees

Hi,

I am sending the Diversity fees to department of state today.

Is it mandatory to include the stamped self-addressed envelope?

Thank you all

I wish this forum had the "Thank You" functionality within the board.

But anyway, thank you all for your help and support. Without your help in this forum, the AOS process can be very tricky!

I wish the best of luck for everybody ;)

Thank you guys for your suggestion. I will do as suggested and will let you know if i have any concerns.

Hi- I am in exactly the same situation as you:
-I got selected for further processing for DV2013
-I was not married by the time the entry forms were submitted
-I got married december 2011 and moved to the USA on a H1B (and my now wife on a H4)

Question: Did you meanwhile send the DS-230 and DSP 122 to KCC and get any feedback?

I'd love to hear from your experience. I am going to fill out the DS-230 along with DSP 122 today and send it to KCC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi- I am in exactly the same situation as you:
-I got selected for further processing for DV2013
-I was not married by the time the entry forms were submitted
-I got married december 2011 and moved to the USA on a H1B (and my now wife on a H4)

Question: Did you meanwhile send the DS-230 and DSP 122 to KCC and get any feedback?

I'd love to hear from your experience. I am going to fill out the DS-230 along with DSP 122 today and send it to KCC.

I sent the forms to KCC. They said that if all goes well one wouldn't receive any mail from them. This sort of contradicts what Amine said so I am kind of confused. Another question that I have is when one pays the diversity Adjustment of Status Fee?