• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

For all those who will find out that they have been selected for DV 2013... post your questions here.

We will do our best to answer your questions as fully and thoroughly as possible.

Thank you for starting this thread. I have read 2012 AOS thread, yet I have a question:
1. It has been 3 weeks since i sent DS-122, 2 pictures, and bar code letter to KCC but they haven't reply. I sent an email last week, but no reply. Shall I call them or be patient?

Thank you

Thank you for starting this thread. I have read 2012 AOS thread, yet I have a question:
1. It has been 3 weeks since i sent DS-122, 2 pictures, and bar code letter to KCC but they haven't reply. I sent an email last week, but no reply. Shall I call them or be patient?

Thank you

Hi I also have similar question. Has anyone received any further notification letter, mail, email from KCC? we sent that to them on 8th May and they received by 10th. Actually my wife (F2 visa, DV selectee), my daughter (F2) and I (F1) are doing AOS together. Can I send DV fee without any letter/email received from KCC?

This forum is really really helpful and hope you guys have answers of my question.

Hi I also have similar question. Has anyone received any further notification letter, mail, email from KCC? we sent that to them on 8th May and they received by 10th. Actually my wife (F2 visa, DV selectee), my daughter (F2) and I (F1) are doing AOS together. Can I send DV fee without any letter/email received from KCC?

This forum is really really helpful and hope you guys have answers of my question.

I have two contradictory pieces of information from KCC:

1. Person A told me that the AoS fee had to be paid by August 15.

2. Person B told me that AoS fee can be paid anytime.

Just be patient... If by the end of week 4 you do not receive an email from KCC, you may call them.

They should send you an e-mail with an acknowledgment of intention to do AOS in the U.S. as well as the DV fee form.

Thank you

Just be patient... If by the end of week 4 you do not receive an email from KCC, you may call them.

They should send you an e-mail with an acknowledgment of intention to do AOS in the U.S. as well as the DV fee form.

Thanks Amine!!

military records

hey brothers,
am from tunisia and am a winner for the dv lottery 2013.
i just want to ask about the military records that we have to provide the day of the interview...and am 25 years old and in the last year of engineering studies...plzzz help me brothers i need help

what kind of copy that i have to provide???
and thank you in advance...

wrong surname

Thanks for you quick response.

But how about my last concern ?
How should i let them know that my marital status has been changed to married ?
Do i need to send DS-230 along with DSP 122?
When should i pay the DV fees ?

And more importantly, while submitting DV lottery form back in 2011, i was single but now my marital status has been changed. So how should i incorporate my spouse( She is also here in US) in my application for further processing now.

Thanks in advance.

thank you brother...
this is so kind from you...

i have a question...

in my passport my surname is "xxxxxe" and in the application in wrote it "xxxxxx" so do i have to do my passport again or i have to send it with right way like in the passport in the forms DSP230 and DS 122??!!!

answer me plzzzzz help....

Today I received the following email from KCC, but they didn't mention anything about acknowledgment letter. Here is the email:
"Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of each month to locate the current numbers being processed.

Entry Status Check (www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC) will be the sole means of informing you of your selection for DV-2013, providing instructions to you on how to proceed with your application, and notifying you of your appointment for your immigrant visa interview, so it is essential you retain your confirmation number.
This will also be the means by which selectees are informed of their DV visa interview appointment date. The KCC will not be sending selectees mailed letters informing them of their interview appointment.

Today I received the following email from KCC, but they didn't mention anything about acknowledgment letter. Here is the email:
"Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of each month to locate the current numbers being processed.

Entry Status Check (www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC) will be the sole means of informing you of your selection for DV-2013, providing instructions to you on how to proceed with your application, and notifying you of your appointment for your immigrant visa interview, so it is essential you retain your confirmation number.
This will also be the means by which selectees are informed of their DV visa interview appointment date. The KCC will not be sending selectees mailed letters informing them of their interview appointment.

I also get the exactly same letter (copy/paste) from KCC when I inquired them. I also called and they said that we can receive email documents specially if you are doing AOS. So...I hope we will get letter within few days.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I sent the 2 forms and photos 3 weeks ago. I haven't received any confirmation from KCC. I just sent the letter by regular mail. I should have sent it Fedex. I called them last week they said they have thousands of unopened letters and they have to finish DV2012. They say I should call again in two weeks to confirm they received the letter.

Thanks for the info, kazore.

Hi everyone,

I sent the 2 forms and photos 3 weeks ago. I haven't received any confirmation from KCC. I just sent the letter by regular mail. I should have sent it Fedex. I called them last week they said they have thousands of unopened letters and they have to finish DV2012. They say I should call again in two weeks to confirm they received the letter.

ok I called again KCC, they received my forms but they aren't processed yet. The agent told me I should call again around August 15th. She recommended to pay the AOS DV fee of $330 not before I hear from them.

I suggest you go ahead and do that.

ok I called again KCC, they received my forms but they aren't processed yet. The agent told me I should call again around August 15th. She recommended to pay the AOS DV fee of $330 not before I hear from them.

I suggest you go ahead and do that.

Hi Amine, so that means, we can pay DV fees before KCC send form and information to us. How can we pay without the payment form they have to send to us? Is it Aug 15 is the due date to pay DV fee?

Not sure..

From what I understand there's no due date for the fee. They recommend not to pay it before they approve the change of status.

If you have kept your status the whole time and not violated the terms of your visa, there's nothing that can prevent you from applying to adjust status (although applying is, of course, different from being granted a Green Card--but you certainly can APPLY).

I will try and see if I can find the form. If I do, I will post a link to it here.

From what I understand there's no due date for the fee. They recommend not to pay it before they approve the change of status.

Like Amine said, if you have always been in status and never worked without authorization, there is no reason for your green card application not to be approved. Plus, if you have not paid the $330 DOS fee, your case cannot be approved anyways! You need to send a copy of the receipt of that $330 with your I-485 to USCIS. So go ahead and pay that $330 as soon as you can.

guys,

I have two questions about my status as a F-1 visa holder:

1. I have been here in the US for four years. I have never left the county during these years and I have never registered on Summer terms. Therefore, there was no course work from June to September. But I was fully enrolled for the rest of academic year. I was told that it is not necessary to register for summer terms to maintain my status. Is this correct?

2. During these years I have had TA and RA appointments with my school. From school's perspective, we are employees. So we have SSN and we use employees insurance. Therefore, when I sent the form DS-122 to KCC, I mentioned my school as my latest employer. Did I do something wrong?

guys,

I have two questions about my status as a F-1 visa holder:

1. I have been here in the US for four years. I have never left the county during these years and I have never registered on Summer terms. Therefore, there was no course work from June to September. But I was fully enrolled for the rest of academic year. I was told that it is not necessary to register for summer terms to maintain my status. Is this correct?

2. During these years I have had TA and RA appointments with my school. From school's perspective, we are employees. So we have SSN and we use employees insurance. Therefore, when I sent the form DS-122 to KCC, I mentioned my school as my latest employer. Did I do something wrong?

1. Yes, that is correct.

2. No, you did not do anything wrong.