• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

I applied on October 5th 2010 and didn't win this year. I checked the result using Safari instead of Internet Explorer 7 as their website recommends us to do.

However, I don't know if it's going the change the result if I use Internet Explorer. I am wondering if those who won checked their results used IE or Safari??? Or it doesn't really matter??

What do you think guys?

Hi newday10!

I checked mine on both IE 7 (work computer) and Safari (my own Mac) and won on both accounts...same result! :) Safari worked the same as IE.

Congrats to the winners of DV-2012. Well, I wasn't selected. I'm a bit sad. I will try the next lottery this year. For those who didn't win this time: Don't worry,don't be sad,just keep on applying for DVlottery. I have a student,she told me she has applied 5 times for DV lottery and on 5th time she won. So,hope dies last. I got a question to you guys, does the application date matter in winning chance? in previous posts I read that most of the people who won the lottery applied the first week of October,that is the application start.This time I will try to apply in the beginning of october,nothing to lose. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
DV Lottery experience: Regular applicant every year since 1996
DV 2012 ENTRY: October, 5, 2010 4:07 PM
MAY 1: WINNER
CN: 2012EU00010XXX
Actual status: on line, waiting instructions from KCC for further processing
THANKS GOD!!!

Good to hear. I have been trying to call them, but haven't gotten through. Why did they not mention D122 anywhere on the web?

The info on the travel.state web page is perfectly satisfactory if you read through it.

Check your entrant status and if you are selected you'll have a link to the travel.state site where you'll find the forms DSP-122 and DSP-230 (Part I and II). It pays to read the instructions you were given before you start asking around.

So, I applied for the first time applied and won the interview.

The info on the travel.state web page is perfectly satisfactory if you read through it.

Check your entrant status and if you are selected you'll have a link to the travel.state site where you'll find the forms DSP-122 and DSP-230 (Part I and II). It pays to read the instructions you were given before you start asking around.

So, I applied for the first time applied and won the interview.

Wow. What amazing rudeness.

Did you read the adjustment of status page? There is no mention of dsp-122 or dsp-230. Also, it does not say and follow step 2, once you've established you will be doing AOS. I am not the only one having trouble with it. The instructions for AOS are confusing and you should check your attitude before you start insulting people.

Do I need to either IE 6 or 7. Since I have IE 9. Will it gives a wrong result ?

wondering

wondering
Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below.
***is iit that we can still check and be accepted,just like they dont send NLs once but batch by batch?....was wondering that maybe if i wasnt selected i would av gotten a message like you were not selected?........please i need a reply thanks

wondering
Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below.
***is iit that we can still check and be accepted,just like they dont send NLs once but batch by batch?....was wondering that maybe if i wasnt selected i would av gotten a message like you were not selected?........please i need a reply thanks

It means that you can re-check the information to ensure it was entered correctly (example- you may have entered the wrong date of birth when you checked first). If the information is correct, the results will not change.

Which date did you enter?

I have been selected for further processing DV 2012 and I am already in the US on a work visa so I will be filing for AOS. I guess my case number is very low but not sure what that means for me. I guess not a lot of people applied in the Oceania region.
Case number 2012OC000000**

Hello All

I am very happy I found this forum. Thanks to all of you for giving advices. I went though the posts but I might missed a few answers so I would very much appricate if you could help me with the following questions.
First o fall I applied the first day for the Lottery and got informed (well I checked though the online status check) I did not won however my husband also applied and he got it I still cannot believe it and I am very happy.
As far as we checked online the 2 forms have to be filled out attached with 2 pictures each (if you are married) and this has to be sent to KKC. I got a little bit confused how it will go from now on.
1. what will i exactly get form KKC (a number i believe but then?)
2. will on that letter which I will be receiving from KKC be right away the interview date stated?
3. Do I need to prepare the documents before the interview or take to the interview or send it to KKC? Or just take them with me when my interview is due?

I know... so many questions and sorry to bogther you all... but I am very excited and dont want to make any mistakes...
A
BTW my husbands Case Number: 2012EU00015XXX (also can you explain if this is not a good case number? I sent out the files and pictures on the 6th of may by TNT express)

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP

My boyfriend last year had 2011EU00012XXX, and he had his interview Nov 2010. So, you'll probably have your interview before the year (2011) end. Good luck and make sure you have evrything they ask for, and complete all the applications properly, because if you don't that will delay the process.

Thank you for your answer =)
If my interview could be in november it would be great !!

can someone please answer me if a case number 2012EU00015XXX is very bad?
does this mean i will never get a chance to get a gc?....

this is my second year, and this year i won. unfortunately i couldnt participate for 3 years cause there were too many applicants from my country and they closed it for us.

but im among the lucky ones this year, still cant believe it :)

i really hope you will win next year!

For those who won this year, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

i felt my world kinda collapse when i knew that i wasn't selected.
I am very curious how many times do you - the lucky ones - have tried??

PLEASE ANSWER ME. THANK YOU!

really feel frustrated.

i will disagree with you trini_boy
i live in the house of an immigrant who ran away from her home country 20 years ago, came to the US with 2 small kids and her elderly parents without any knowledge of English. today she is doing very well. she became a doctor in this country. owns her family practice, a house, a car, can go on vacation any time of the year. i dont know what country you are from, but my country does not have all these opportunities they have here. i would say my country SUCKS, and im not afraid of using this word. i love America with all my heart, even though all these 5 years i've been here werent easy at all. but here i have a chance to become somebody without bribing an authority.

GAZA, i entered and lost, I AM HAPPY AS EVER before and after the results, u know how much people already made plans of relocating to the US wasting a whole year in their life all EXCITED, lol, they don't realize that is millions entered and juz over 50 000 CHOSEN. MANY OF THEM WILL RETURN THIS YEAR AGAIN AND the same excitement will happen all over again, THEY MAY REAL OLD AGE TRYING AND LOOSING.

You all can simply marry a US CITIZEN and get it quicker without even having a HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION OR 2 YEAR JOB QUALIFICATION. GET REAL PEOPLE, 1 life 2 live, CHERISH YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND LOVE IT. America aint no BED OF ROSES unless you have a good job which is normally hard to find for Immigrants. MANY END UP DOING DOG JOBS LIKE baby sitting, house cleaning, seeing about old people and cutting lawns. GET REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I rather choose to win a Million Dollar Jackpot than a Visa Lottery cuz you can DO MORE WITH MONEY that a having juz a green card and still BROKE!!

1. Is there any significance of the serial number 2012EUXXXXXXXX incase of visa processing? there are only 50000 visas, if anyone have a serial number less than that does it mean he gets priority?

2. can anyone from previous years winners let us know the stages we face? I sent forms 122 and 230 with photo to KCC. what happens next? when they ask for fees?

thanks

just checked online and I'm a lucky winner... yeeepppepeeee can't beleive it.
number EU000007XX
What to do next, I'm panicking....
I'm already in US on a B2 Visa until end of August.
Should I take an attorney to help??
I don't really understand what to do when I check on the DV website.

Help!!!!;)