• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Online Status

Hey guys,
are there any changes in your case?

Hi Japakak,
Unfortunately No, the online status has not changed yet and it makes me worried! How about you xrj? Is there anybody else there with the same situation?!! what's your suggestion?

Rainy, look up the processing times for your FO in the DV'11 thread, it might give you a better picture.

I have a feeling your online thing will change status by next week.

Anyone else with interviews next week besides Oshin and myself?

Hi Japakak,
Unfortunately No, the online status has not changed yet and it makes me worried! How about you xrj? Is there anybody else there with the same situation?!! what's your suggestion?

Affidavit of Support

Hey guys,

I found some time this afternoon and decided to make an INFOPASS appointment to find out if I can avoid filling out the I-134. The immigration officer was very friendly! He said in my case there is no need for affidavit of support. Since I'm on F-1, it's understood that I've provided financial evidence for my studies and the likelihood of me being a public charge as a student is low. He just told me to bring my Federal tax returns from the previous years and proof of my current employment as a graduate assistantship.

I feel more reassured about not doing the I-134 after talking to the officer. I hope he'll be the one to interview me next Tuesday :)

Looks like from the signatures that mehrdad576 is doing his/her interview next week (8/10) too.

Good luck to all of us:cool:

Rainy, look up the processing times for your FO in the DV'11 thread, it might give you a better picture.

I have a feeling your online thing will change status by next week.

Anyone else with interviews next week besides Oshin and myself?

Hi guys,

I looked up my case status on the USCIS website and it says the following -

"On June 21, 2012, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283"

I received the NOA on June 25, 2012 and so far no word on the Biometrics appointment. I know I'm probably stressing out but who should I reach out to if I don't hear back regarding this in the coming 2 weeks? Also, is there anyone here who's going through the San Jose FO.

My other question was regarding the KCC fee. The $330 amount was cashed on 6/13 but I still haven't received a receipt for this. Is the receipt required for the interview?

Thanks a bunch guys!

Good luck to all of us that are still waiting.

hey dude did ubhearback anything about it biometrics and interview. i am on the same boat no receipt and same message on the status checker of uscis site . Did Uscis asked u to send the receipt or they asked u to bring the receipt to the field office plz let me know wat exactly is going on with ur case i will let u know mine too

Interview letter/FO

Hey guys,

First of all, congrats to everyone who got interview letters, and also those who are just starting the process. Good luck to you all.

That being said, its starting to get really frustrating. A number of us have been waiting for our IL for some time. My bio was done 6/04, two months to the day. Is it normal to wait this long and hear nothing? I checked the spreadsheet for DV Lottery AOS 2011, and the most anyone in my local field office (Los Angeles) waited was a month and 2 weeks. I have long surpassed that mark. I guess I just worried that time would go before an IO gets to interview and approve my case in due time. Has anyone ever done AOS and not had their case approved? I'm sorry guys, just venting out frustration here. Maybe the big city FOs experience the same long lag?

infopass

Hey guys,

First of all, congrats to everyone who got interview letters, and also those who are just starting the process. Good luck to you all.

That being said, its starting to get really frustrating. A number of us have been waiting for our IL for some time. My bio was done 6/04, two months to the day. Is it normal to wait this long and hear nothing? I checked the spreadsheet for DV Lottery AOS 2011, and the most anyone in my local field office (Los Angeles) waited was a month and 2 weeks. I have long surpassed that mark. I guess I just worried that time would go before an IO gets to interview and approve my case in due time. Has anyone ever done AOS and not had their case approved? I'm sorry guys, just venting out frustration here. Maybe the big city FOs experience the same long lag?

Hi theaos,
I suggest you doing infopass,and ask if it possible for them to interview you(walk in interview). I remember there was someone from dv 2011, who had waited for more than 2 months for IL, and eventually he was walk-in interviewed during the infopass.also, during the infopass,officers can look up into your case in their system,and shall tell you whether IL was sent to you or not..sometimes, FO wait for the fingerprint and name checks, if not cleared they do not send IL...so that is other question to ask too...
I hope it helps..
BEST

good idea on the infopass

Good idea japakak,

I actually have an infopass scheduled for Aug 14. Until then I have a few days to wait for something in the mail, after which I can go inquire. I remember calling the USCIS national helpline last week and asked why there was a delay, and they said they could expedite my case cause it fell under 'emergency' status, that is, I only had until the end of September to adjust status. They were about to go ahead and expedite but then they said that its best I make an infopass with the LA office. So I guess that means that the field office already has my file, and lets hope fingerprints and namecheck also clear.

Once again thanks for your help. Will let you know how it goes

Hi theaos,
I suggest you doing infopass,and ask if it possible for them to interview you(walk in interview). I remember there was someone from dv 2011, who had waited for more than 2 months for IL, and eventually he was walk-in interviewed during the infopass.also, during the infopass,officers can look up into your case in their system,and shall tell you whether IL was sent to you or not..sometimes, FO wait for the fingerprint and name checks, if not cleared they do not send IL...so that is other question to ask too...
I hope it helps..
BEST

thanks kgeorege,

I don't think there's a standard process. When I check my application on the USCIS website it says its in the "Testing & Interview" phase.

I'm sure your applications will be updated soon and your GCs and Welcome Letters will be on the way. In the DV '11 thread there were folks who had to wait 1-2 weeks for a change to "Decision" on the website.

thank you george for your reply.

updates about my case.

Hey guys,
are there any changes in your case?

hello Japakak,
i did my interview on July 30th. and nothing has changed in my online states yet. it is still show the acceptance stage as it wass 3 months ago. I keep checking the mail everyday. it has been 5 full days since my interview. i will update you one i see a change in my statuse or get anything in the mail.
I wish you and the rest the best of luck,

we are in the same boat rainyman.

Hi Japakak,

hello rainyman,
nothing has changed im my case yet. honestly, i started to feel worried. I think today i will mke an inforpass to exactly 2 weekes after my interview and ask for updates on my case. i will keep you updated of any changes. I wish you the best :)

Infopass

What did officer tell you? Did he say your case is approved or your name check is cleared or something? I would suggest you to make an infopass and go and talk to them. From my experience, I think everything is in the hand of the officer interviewed you (this is my opinion which could be wrong).

hello rainyman,
nothing has changed im my case yet. honestly, i started to feel worried. I think today i will mke an inforpass to exactly 2 weekes after my interview and ask for updates on my case. i will keep you updated of any changes. I wish you the best :)

for dscdonn

I'd say wait for 2 weeks from the interview date and then schedule an infopass. It could be anything - maybe they're still waiting for the background checks to come back or sometimes it takes a week or two for the website to update after the interview.

I know that waiting is tough, I went cuckoo waiting for the biometrics appointment to show up. For most people it took 2-4 days and it took almost a month for me to receive it. In the end I guess it depends on the FO's processing timeframe and the IO.

Be patient and hang in there. Positive results will come your way.

What did officer tell you? Did he say your case is approved or your name check is cleared or something? I would suggest you to make an infopass and go and talk to them. From my experience, I think everything is in the hand of the officer interviewed you (this is my opinion which could be wrong).

Last edited by a moderator:
Social security number

It looks like my DV journey is almost over. However, I am curious if we have to inform social security administration for our new status. As far as I know, when you are on a non-immigrant VISA, you are not entitled to work and this limitation should somehow be reflected in your social security number record (how I have no idea). So, does anybody know whether I have to contact SSA or not? and if so, any guide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, you should go to Social Security once you've received your GC and get any restrictions removed from your SS.

Enjoy your new status!

It looks like my DV journey is almost over. However, I am curious if we have to inform social security administration for our new status. As far as I know, when you are on a non-immigrant VISA, you are not entitled to work and this limitation should somehow be reflected in your social security number record (how I have no idea). So, does anybody know whether I have to contact SSA or not? and if so, any guide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Duagenev excipere,

Yes, you should go to Social Security once you've received your GC and get any restrictions removed from your SS.

Enjoy your new status!

Guys can you please tell me how did you translate your birth certificafte and high school diploma?
Please help me...

I-765

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 3, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

translation

Mehrdad,

I don't know why you guys did not translate your documents until now when you have to provide them for interview. My wife get her certified translation of diploma last year just after she learned that she won DV lottery while she had her BS certified transcripts. I know there are certified translator in each state as I know one of them here in Arizona. I would suggest you to check out Iranian yellow pages where you will find a translator.

Good luck

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 3, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

pntegst

Tomorrow will be full one week after our interview and still waiting for an update on the website, xrj, did you get something? we are really worried...