• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Winners from EUROPE ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
We pay for incoming calls on cell phones in the US and Canada because the person who's calling don't have to pay extra fees (just like a landline)
In other countries, the person calling on a mobile got to pay extra fees..
Just a different system, that's all...

The reason is that in Europe cellular service providers pay each other to ensure that all incoming calls are free. When you make a call to a cell phone, the two service providers - one on the sender and the other on the receiver’s side - have to process the call ( in terms of routing, billing etc). While the service provider on the sender’s side is able to charge their consumer directly for the (outgoing) call, the receiver’s service provider has no such incentive. This is why, in the US, your service provider charges you even for incoming calls.
However, if the sender’s service provider promised to share his revenue from the outgoing call on his side with the receiver’s service provider, there would be no charge to the receiver. This is something that has been established in Europe but not in the US and Canada.

Americans pay pretty steep price for use of mobile phones ..I think apart from Italy and 2-3 other countries in Europe US mobile phone providers charge the most
I for example use my OZ phone and my roaming comes less then US cell with the contract

The reason is that in Europe cellular service providers pay each other to ensure that all incoming calls are free. When you make a call to a cell phone, the two service providers - one on the sender and the other on the receiver’s side - have to process the call ( in terms of routing, billing etc). While the service provider on the sender’s side is able to charge their consumer directly for the (outgoing) call, the receiver’s service provider has no such incentive. This is why, in the US, your service provider charges you even for incoming calls.
However, if the sender’s service provider promised to share his revenue from the outgoing call on his side with the receiver’s service provider, there would be no charge to the receiver. This is something that has been established in Europe but not in the US and Canada.

Americans pay pretty steep price for use of mobile phones ..I think apart from Italy and 2-3 other countries in Europe US mobile phone providers charge the most
I for example use my OZ phone and my roaming comes less then US cell with the contract

mistake .. its Spain and not ITALY

IF you care to read full text and report here is the link ..on average US cell phone contract costs 4X as much then in EUROPE AND OZ

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10307726-94.html

....you say USA can borrow from CHINA with low interest and yet CHINA has to pay top interest on any loans it would get from CHINA itself ??? LOL !!
(that's just one OF THE MANY very ''smart'' things you said in your comments here )

uh really ??? wow you are very smart guy .. I envy your wife (for getting married for such genius and your children for having such smart father )
and company where you gonna work in the future ..

with this I also check out from this subject

Lol you see how you flame me. I"m just try to discuss with you but you talk bad abour my wife and my children... you cant even bring up arguments :)
that's sad

Finally, China has almost no public debt(around 15% way less than the US with 55%) and it does not borrow that much because it has extra cash from it's exportation as you know it (I doubt but anyhow).
Want to check the public debt level? https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...186rank.html?countryCode=ch&rankAnchorRow=#ch

With all this CHina still pays higher rates on its debt 3.67% for 10y ====> http://english.cri.cn/6826/2010/10/28/2724s601622.htm
As I said before, USA pays 2.4% for 10years ======> http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...his-quarter-survey-of-bond-dealers-shows.html
I posted this article before. Are you sure you read it?
Damn it was so hard to find this info. I Just had to use google, it took me 5min. I thought everyone could use it. Obviously, I was wrong on this one ;)
SO again I just proved you wrong. Are you not tired of it ?
My wife and kids are gonna be happy. I hope yours are too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol you see how you flame me. I"m just try to discuss with you but you talk bad abour my wife and my children... you cant even bring up arguments :)
that's sad

Finally, China has almost no public debt(around 15% way less than the US with 55%) and it does not borrow that much because it has extra cash from it's exportation as you know it (I doubt but anyhow).
Want to check the public debt level? https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...186rank.html?countryCode=ch&rankAnchorRow=#ch

With all this CHina still pays higher rates on its debt 3.67% for 10y ====> http://english.cri.cn/6826/2010/10/28/2724s601622.htm
As I said before, USA pays 2.4% for 10years ======> http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...his-quarter-survey-of-bond-dealers-shows.html
I posted this article before. Are you sure you read it?
Damn it was so hard to find this info. I Just had to use google, it took me 5min. I thought everyone could use it. Obviously, I was wrong on this one ;)
SO again I just proved you wrong. Are you not tired of it ?
My wife and kids are gonna be happy. I hope yours are too :)

you keep pushing like that I'll answer all the same ..if the US can borrow for that cheap

WHY 2 YEARS AGO USA DID NOT BORROW MONEY FROM CHINESE TO BAIL OUT BANKS AND WALL STREET BUT RATHER TOOK OUR MONEY (tax payers money )in the tune of 900 BILLION DOLLARS TO SAVE THEM ... AGAIN ...LEAVE STUPID GOOGLE ALONE ..IF THAT'S THE ''BRAIN'' YOU ARE USING THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU ..DON'T COME HERE ?!(I'LL KEEP REPEATING MYSELF)
...JEZZ.. IF ITS ON THE INTERNET IT MUST BE TRUE ??!! KIND OF STUFF..I'M SICK OF THAT

.DUDE REALLY EVERY POST FROM YOU IS JUST GETTING ME MORE AND MORE PISSED AND IRRITATED ..I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW SOMEONE CAN BE THAT STUPID TO IGNORE BLIND FACTS AND EVERY DAY FINANCIAL WOES THIS COUNTRY IS FACING WITH ONE SIMPLE LINE SUCH AS ..''I FOUND IT ON THE GOOGLE IN 5 MINUTES ..I ' M VERY SMART "..

HOW OLD ARE YOU ANYWAY ..5 ??

I M TELLING YOU ONCE AGAIN ...GOOGLE AND INTERNET WON'T FEED MAY FAMILY AND WON'T BRING MONEY INTO SAGGING ECONOMY ... YOU HAVE TO FIND SOME NEW FACTS TO PROVE YOU ARE RIGHT ...WE DON'T LIVE IN FANTASY LAND !!!

help end these taxes

Hotel Tax
School Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Excise Taxes
Property Tax
Cigarette Tax
Medicare Tax
Inventory Tax
Car Rental Tax
Real Estate Tax
Well Permit Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Inheritance Tax
Road Usage Tax
CDL license Tax
State Income Tax
Food License Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax

you keep pushing like that I'll answer all the same ..if the US can borrow for that cheap

WHY 2 YEARS AGO USA DID NOT BORROW MONEY FROM CHINESE TO BAIL OUT BANKS AND WALL STREET BUT RATHER TOOK OUR MONEY (tax payers money )in the tune of 900 BILLION DOLLARS TO SAVE THEM ... AGAIN ...LEAVE STUPID GOOGLE ALONE ..IF THAT'S THE ''BRAIN'' YOU ARE USING THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU ..DON'T COME HERE ?!(I'LL KEEP REPEATING MYSELF)
...JEZZ.. IF ITS ON THE INTERNET IT MUST BE TRUE ??!! KIND OF STUFF..I'M SICK OF THAT

.DUDE REALLY EVERY POST FROM YOU IS JUST GETTING ME MORE AND MORE PISSED AND IRRITATED ..I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW SOMEONE CAN BE THAT STUPID TO IGNORE BLIND FACTS AND EVERY DAY FINANCIAL WOES THIS COUNTRY IS FACING WITH ONE SIMPLE LINE SUCH AS ..''I FOUND IT ON THE GOOGLE IN 5 MINUTES ..I ' M VERY SMART "..

HOW OLD ARE YOU ANYWAY ..5 ??

I M TELLING YOU ONCE AGAIN ...GOOGLE AND INTERNET WON'T FEED MAY FAMILY AND WON'T BRING MONEY INTO SAGGING ECONOMY ... YOU HAVE TO FIND SOME NEW FACTS TO PROVE YOU ARE RIGHT ...WE DON'T LIVE IN FANTASY LAND !!!

Again you are telling me I'm stupid :( You cant argue. I'll explain you one more time. Some people need more time than others. However, I repeated myself like 10 times and gave your articles so that you can check and be a little more intelligent. But you cant explain something to someone who does not want to listen (and who insults you and you wife and children). So this is the last time.

"WHY 2 YEARS AGO USA DID NOT BORROW MONEY FROM CHINESE TO BAIL OUT BANKS AND WALL STREET BUT RATHER TOOK OUR MONEY (tax payers money )in the tune of 900 BILLION DOLLARS TO SAVE THEM ... AGAIN ...LEAVE STUPID GOOGLE ALONE ..IF THAT'S THE ''BRAIN'' YOU ARE USING THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU ..DON'T COME HERE ?!(I'LL KEEP REPEATING MYSELF)"

This statement does not make any sense lol. 2 Years ago the US DID borrow money from the chinese, and many other institutional investors (mutual funds, bank etc..), governments, and such.... But when you borrow money, someone has to pay it back right ?
When you borrow money from a bank to buy a car, who pays back ?
When the US governement borrows money, it does it in name of the country, thus the American people... That's why we say that the taxpayer is gonna pay back lol
SO when the chinese or whatever funds lends you money YOU ultimately gonna end up paying the bill. Whatever money is borrowed means YOU gonna pay it back. Wow such a hard concept to understand :)
Where do you think the money came from ? Did you see your taxes raise instantly to pay for this bill lol? No. Because they borrow it first, but later YOU gonna have to pay it back. How do you think they created all this money in such a short time? Did you get a mail asking to send money right away.... so funny this guy
Omg this is so simple I cant even believe I have to explain you this. Sad :(
I'm using google and internet for you to understand. Any other material would be too complex for you. You make me laugh so hard.
Now, thanks to you, I understand what Einstein meant when he said: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Again you are telling me I'm stupid :( You cant argue. I'll explain you one more time. Some people need more time than others. However, I repeated myself like 10 times and gave your articles so that you can check and be a little more intelligent. But you cant explain something to someone who does not want to listen (and who insults you and you wife and children). So this is the last time.

"WHY 2 YEARS AGO USA DID NOT BORROW MONEY FROM CHINESE TO BAIL OUT BANKS AND WALL STREET BUT RATHER TOOK OUR MONEY (tax payers money )in the tune of 900 BILLION DOLLARS TO SAVE THEM ... AGAIN ...LEAVE STUPID GOOGLE ALONE ..IF THAT'S THE ''BRAIN'' YOU ARE USING THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU ..DON'T COME HERE ?!(I'LL KEEP REPEATING MYSELF)"

This statement does not make any sense lol. 2 Years ago the US DID borrow money from the chinese, and many other institutional investors (mutual funds, bank etc..), governments, and such.... But when you borrow money, someone has to pay it back right ?
When you borrow money from a bank to buy a car, who pays back ?
When the US governement borrows money, it does it in name of the country, thus the American people... That's why we say that the taxpayer is gonna pay back lol
SO when the chinese or whatever funds lends you money YOU ultimately gonna end up paying the bill. Whatever money is borrowed means YOU gonna pay it back. Wow such a hard concept to understand :)
Where do you think the money came from ? Did you see your taxes raise instantly to pay for this bill lol? No. Because they borrow it first, but later YOU gonna have to pay it back. How do you think they created all this money in such a short time? Did you get a mail asking to send money right away.... so funny this guy
Omg this is so simple I cant even believe I have to explain you this. Sad :(
I'm using google and internet for you to understand. Any other material would be too complex for you. You make me laugh so hard.
Now, thanks to you, I understand what Einstein meant when he said: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

blah blah blah..OK MOVE OVER TO CHINA SINCE YOU LIKE THEM SO MUCH ..TAKE YOU BOY FRIEND WITH YOU .. WHO CARES ...
YOU ARE CERTIFIED IDIOT
AND WITH EVERY POST YOU PROVE THAT EVEN MORE
LAUGH AWAY ..IN MENTAL INSTITUTION ..WHERE YOU BELONG :cool:

blah blah blah..OK MOVE OVER TO CHINA SINCE YOU LIKE THEM SO MUCH ..TAKE YOU BOY FRIEND WITH YOU .. WHO CARES ...
YOU ARE CERTIFIED IDIOT
AND WITH EVERY POST YOU PROVE THAT EVEN MORE
LAUGH AWAY ..IN MENTAL INSTITUTION ..WHERE YOU BELONG :cool:

ok now we have to stop here ...for good ..its over ...JEFFY you even started to post things against your own previous comments .. go back and read what you posted on the first few comments ..:confused:
lets close this ...

ok now we have to stop here ...for good ..its over ...JEFFY you even started to post things against your own previous comments .. go back and read what you posted on the first few comments ..:confused:
lets close this ...

Show me whats against my previous comments ? I think that there must be something ELSE you did not understand.
Again you are making statements without any proof, justification or arguments.

No answer kolja ?
I won this. I'm the best.
Praha you are so pathetic :)

man I don't know what to tell you ..I think you are one sorry misserable man trying to find your calling in life ..but you come out stupid
i wish you all the best anyway ;) good luck in the usa and hope that our life paths would never cross ..especialy if i need some financial advise :(

No answer kolja ?
I won this. I'm the best.
Praha you are so pathetic :)

yes you won..I'll buy you some bananas as a gift

''Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.''

hi all of you,

I gave a call to KCC yesterday morning to check my case status and the agent said: << sir your case is already processed, you have to wait for your case number to be current, I advise you to check the visa bulletin on the 15th of each month >>.
I am terribly anxious cause my case number is so high, I dd not know if i will receive the 2nd letter and a consulate interview. This is an opportunity to realize the american dream, I really do not want to loose it.........some advices please...

hi all of you,

I gave a call to KCC yesterday morning to check my case status and the agent said: << sir your case is already processed, you have to wait for your case number to be current, I advise you to check the visa bulletin on the 15th of each month >>.
I am terribly anxious cause my case number is so high, I dd not know if i will receive the 2nd letter and a consulate interview. This is an opportunity to realize the american dream, I really do not want to loose it.........some advices please...

There is not too much you can do but just wait.....

hi all of you,

whats the hurry ??...there is no jobs over here ..are you sure you are that desperate ??

WASHINGTON—China was a net purchaser of U.S. Treasurys for a third consecutive month in September, raising its holdings to the highest level since April, the Treasury Department said.

China's holdings rose $15.1 billion to $883.5 billion, and the country maintained its position as the largest foreign holder of U.S. government debt. Net Treasury purchases over the past three months have totaled $39.8 billion.

Treasury sales by China in late 2009 and earlier this year sparked some fears that the largest creditor nation to the U.S. was cutting back on its overall exposure to the dollar. However, some of that activity ...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...80622732.html?mod=WSJASIA_hpp_LEFTTopWhatNews

Noobs :) No wonder you have no jobs lol

.................I'm more interested in these problems listed below ..regarding low wages in the USA .. since I arived here wages are at the same level and ven going down but prices are going up and up and up all the tilme ....this is the article i found on the net ...it might explain whats going on ..

Making labour markets ‘more flexible’ (i.e. cutting wages) does not cure these problems; if anything, it makes the problem worse. By contrast, putting resources into active labour market policies such as improved education, retraining and high benefit provision contingent on job searching helps workers to find and retain high productivity jobs. This is the strategy pursued by the Nordic countries, one which has paid and will continue to pay handsome rewards in terms of prosperity and job security.

Who wins?
Comparing the economic performance of the European Union and the USA does not lead one to conclude that America has the more dynamic economy, or that it has performed better in the past or will do so in future. The most important feature of the comparison is neither the growth nor the unemployment record of the US and the EU. It is, rather, that US growth, unlike that in the EU, is funded by a dangerously high mountain of foreign debt. US external indebtedness, in turn, is driven by the US house-price bubble, enabling US consumers to spend more than they earn. Ironically, it is the EU which, together with China and Japan, continues to lend the money to the US which keeps their households spending and their economy growing.

The truth is that neither side ‘wins’ in this beauty contest. Europe merely does less badly than the USA in some crucial respects. Yes, while it is true that the core Eurozone countries could perform far better, Germany, France and Italy have quite different problems – in comparison both to the US and to each other – which require quite different solutions. Anybody who claims that the US provides a model which the EU should copy needs to consider the basic economic facts of the case.

this is the article writen about us economy in 2006 before the crisis began ...it predicted a crisis whcih happened in 2007/08 and also predicted it woudl take at leats a full decade before econmy manage to recover ..so it will be 2018 before you see some real growth in the sense of unemployment numbers going down etc ..if anything it predicts that in 2015 unemployment will be going down on a par with population growth and foir the fist time catch up with month to month unemployment numbers ..predicts also unemployment official level to reach 11% OR EVEN 12 if massive foreclosures continue in 2012 ..which they probaly will considering thaT ANOTHER 4,5 MILLIUON HOMES IS IN DANGER OF GOING ON THE BLOCK ..all in all f..t up situation ffor the very long time ..so anybody coming over from EU think twice before you do ..

- Assessing the US economy's prospects, the most important thing first to take into account is that what has happened over the last few years is not the garden-variety business cycle. It is a grossly overly indebted and unbalanced bubble economy, in which borrowing and indebtedness, particularly for private households, have gone to unprecedented extremes in chasing house price inflation.

- Also, we have to recognize that once asset prices stop rising, the game is up. The potential of the post-bubble crash in asset prices largely depends on the size of the prior excesses. The other day, professor Robert J. Shiller of Yale University declared that the present housing boom in the United States "is the biggest on record."

- A bubble economy needs rising asset prices to keep it going. Once the prices of those assets, which have lubricated the decisive assets — stocks and housing in the US case — stall, let alone fall, the whole process stops and reverses with a vengeance, because the formerly ample liquidity and wealth creation go into reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.