• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

I have good news guys....did an inquiry about interview date of my relative.......as i said before the case no was almost 6xxx..and will be current for October.....
they replied the following....

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Dhaka on October 12, 2010. A notification letter was sent to you on August 16, 2010. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

please let me know what they ask in family DV interview and what is the procedure for medical test......suppose some gave vaccination but don't have document..........will the Dr. give again...?

Dear rony1985,
wait also fewdays for 2nd letter. Because, Interview date is october 12,2010. so, i think u/they have much chance getting 2nd letter.

medical test: For medical test may be you need interview appoiontment letter, it has much time.
you should try to it after got 2nd Letter.

But you should apply for Police c. Certificate.(PCC), Because, For PCC 2nd NL no need. but it will kill your some time to get PCC.

Best of luck

friends..today applied for police C.C. they said i'll get it after 20 to 25 days... :-( now feeling tensed about getting it within time. do u have any idea how long it takes to hand over??

Thanks Zahid!

Lipna,
Your CN is current in October, 2010 (so lucky you are !!) Now you should complete your medical examination and then wait for October 1st, 2010. Then you should send your AOS package to Chicago LOC. Meanwhile you should gather all the required documents for your AOS package. To know the steps you can go to .... Again To educate yourself you can visit "DV 2010 AOS" and "DV 2011 AOS" forums.

Thanks

@feel: Yes I did. First one did not have stamped seal, so I asked to send another one. They end up sending two :)
Did you really got 2Nl within 10 days after filing DSP forms? Really???

hi buddy... suddenly today my that relative was going through her that photocopy of the DSP-0230 form that was sent to KCC after receiving 1st NL. there she noticed that there was a spelling mistake in address line in one word and also another typing mistake in case of her husbands 1st job duration. there inn case of writing DEC 09 unfortunately typed DEC 10. now what to do? she called to KCC regarding this.they said now everything upto embassy..... guys is there any chance of having severe problem???? pls let me know what to do now....

I am from Bangladesh,my wife got DV2011,send to Kcc all required thing at 19th July,when we get 2nd NL?Another thing is ours is a love marriage if we dont

have the marriage photographs,is this make any cause to visa refusal our marriage held on 2002 & we have 5years old son.please reply me.

Last edited by a moderator:
please help me, my CN is so high, my 1st letter is dated from 26 of april 2010, some people received their letter later but with a low CN, I dont understand such discrepancy? do i have a chance to receive a visa ? does it matter to reply as soon as possible? I gave a call to KCC today ,they said my file is beeing processed. I am really really anxious bc i really want to end up in usa and this is a real opportunity to seize. Please help me to understand those dyscrepancies???

My parents have got their 2nd letter already..interview date scheduled on 2nd week of october...I hv three question here to the members....

1. It has been said in USwebsite that a person needs police certificates from all the places he lived for more than 6 months in his life ....my parents lived in 3 different districts...Does they need 3 police certificate or a single one from Dhaka will do? In their passort address was mentioned as Dhaka.

2 My mother is 54 years old and my father is 65 year old. Will it make any problem to get visa? My sister is a permanent resident in the US and she will sponsor them with an Affidavit of Support form I-134....will it solve the issue?

3. The admit cards of public exams of my parents doesnt include any photo with it as it has been long days ago. Will they need to show any further documention for their identity?

congrats Nightingle...but please make me sure about one thing....that is why need of I-134? is it compulsory??if yes, then tell me where did u see about necessity of this form as i did not see anywhere written about it.as my relatives interview is also on October so make me sure please so that i can help them to get it... and i think ur parents will need only one PCC from dhaka as per their passport address.if ur parents have their national ID card i think thats enough for their identity,then also if possible or if ur parent hav any ID card of office or driving license,just gather those for safety.it embassy asks then u can give those.and age won't be a factor.they just have to be clear about whatever they are going to submit.and if they have lacking of anything just make them understand why they don hav those.....thats it.

Sponsorship

Actually i found out about submittng form I-134 from different websites and blog relating to diversity visa. My parents are elderly person , there is a law relating to PUblic Chagre in the US. If the visa officer deem that, they are unable to pefectly support themselves and they will depend on the US government for fooding, medicine etc they will be guilty for public charge. More than that, my younger sister is a PR there and thats why i am arranging an Affidavit of Support from her. It may not be needed, but its for confidence only.

My parents have got their 2nd letter already..interview date scheduled on 2nd week of october...I hv three question here to the members....

1. It has been said in USwebsite that a person needs police certificates from all the places he lived for more than 6 months in his life ....my parents lived in 3 different districts...Does they need 3 police certificate or a single one from Dhaka will do? In their passort address was mentioned as Dhaka.

2 My mother is 54 years old and my father is 65 year old. Will it make any problem to get visa? My sister is a permanent resident in the US and she will sponsor them with an Affidavit of Support form I-134....will it solve the issue?

3. The admit cards of public exams of my parents doesnt include any photo with it as it has been long days ago. Will they need to show any further documention for their identity?

nightingle,
you only need the police certs from one country not districts, ie, from dhaka.
yes, the affidavit of support from your sis will help a lot.
does your dad have the minimum 12 years of education to qualify for the lottery? if he does, then he should have the education certificates that proves it. there are no pics of graduate on education certs, as long as the name matches his passport.

rony,
the affidavit of support has been discussed many times in many threads in this forum ... you are not looking at the right threads. there may be a lot of pages to read ... hundreds ... but it will help you sail thru this process more prepared than not knowing enough. so i suggest you read the relevant threads and educate yourself before the interview.

the affidavit of support may not be a required document for lottery winners but in many cases, the consular officer will ask for it. as mentioned by nightingle, the officer will want to determine that you will not be a public charge when you arrive on the shores of u.s. so if you can get one that will help otherwise you can supplement your case with assets - cash, bank statements.

i suggest that you be fully prepared for the interview with supporting documents than for them to rfe ... that will delay your case.

thanks...but in second NL they said to follow Step 4 of www.dvselectee.state.gov and so fur i studied those for many times,i dint get point about that I-134. and in my friends and relatives 3 of them went USA after getting DV and they also saying that they did not need any I-134 in their case. 1of them was DV2010.he also said me the same thing.....but yea in case of nightingle's parrent it is needed i do understand that clearly.as i'm going through this forum from last 5months so hope i went through all the threads over here....anyways thanks and hope to share u ppl's experience lot here.

thanks...but in second NL they said to follow Step 4 of www.dvselectee.state.gov and so fur i studied those for many times,i dint get point about that I-134. and in my friends and relatives 3 of them went USA after getting DV and they also saying that they did not need any I-134 in their case. 1of them was DV2010.he also said me the same thing.....but yea in case of nightingle's parrent it is needed i do understand that clearly.as i'm going through this forum from last 5months so hope i went through all the threads over here....anyways thanks and hope to share u ppl's experience lot here.

rony,
yes, the i134 is not officially required for dv winners, but, as i mentioned before, it is entirely up to the interviewing officer to ask for it. he will ask for it if he feels that the applicant may be unable to support himself and family and would like to assure himself that someone will be able to support him when he goes over to the u.s. therefore, it is a document that a person may want to prepare in case asked for by the interviewer. but everyone's case is different, so you have to decide for yourself whether YOU THINK you will need it. if you think that you will be financially ok when you arrive in the u.s. and have the documentary proof to show it ... you don't need the i134.

better be prepared than not.

help me,if any one know regurding this metter.

My Wife is actual winner of DV 2011.There is a web site name ://kentuckyconsularcenter.net/ I go there and There is also a option Need Help? Contact us 24/7/365 . I click contact us there i put, Also fill up

I am a dv winner of 2011
NAME :xx
CN:xx
BIRTH PLACE:xx
BIRTH COUNTRY:xx
And her email address:xx
Here I mention xxxxxx but in ://kentuckyconsularcenter.net/ I mention original name, cn,birti place& birth country. And Wanted to know from them is my above information I provide is correct, do they receive documents which i send KCC with bar code& when I receive my 2nd letter.
There is an option
Chat with us: Live chat by Boldchat
or send us an email:
I also send them email them them the same thing which I mention earlier.
Now I wanted to know from you:
1) IS kentuckyconsularcenter.net is a approved web site ?
2) IS above web site is not approved,then the information which i provide to them ,is it harmful for my DV?:confused:
3)What kind of harm, that I pay for it.
4)IS it cause any harm to get my 2nd letter.
please,please,please,please,help me as soon as possible. I am anxiously waiting for yours reply.

i'm afraid there is any official site named as ://kentuckyconsularcenter.net/ and aseef sorry to say but if ur wife ia a winner,then in the 1st notifiaction letter there was the email id and contact number of kcc.then also why did u contact in this site?for what reason actually u did this i'm not understanding.so far i know there are some fraud sites available named as per kentucky consular center.u should not go through those sites.....i'll suggest u to go through this site www.dvselectee.state.gov and http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/diversity_visas.html please....and be sur about knocking at the correct door

and one more thing is that the kentucky consular's email address and phone number is as mentioning here KCCDV@state.gov and (606) 526-7500 .if u want to anything just contact here,not anywhere else.

IS it cause any harm to get my 2nd letter.

May Allah save you! It could spoil everything. you gave them every information to prove them as yourself. for example, they can now send an email to KCC that 'my address has changed, and send my next NL to that address.'

for sharing any information only trust the websites that have .gov extension at the end.

my suggestion is that, send an email to KCC (the real one) or call them explaining what happened.