• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Life over here is different as compared to Ghana, u get plenty food to eat, drink till u cant no more. as i am staying with ma two cousins I am still in my welcoming days now. i applied for my social security number on the 11th March. n was told to wait for two weeks before i get it. And since i cant apply for any job without the SSN I am still in the house eating n drinking, thats the only job I am doing now.

computek,

a beg enjoy.

Hahahaha, welcome bro. Stop whipping the apitite of brethren yet to come. Yes it is true but wait till you begin to pay the bills and you won't enjoy these things again. Why not? you are in your "honey moon" go on and enjoy. Sorry to all 4 not visiting. you will allunderstand when you come. To continue life smoothlly here, u need to work so much that the spare time is for food and sleep.Good luck to all yet to go the emba. Thank u again 4 keeping the house warm, especially Ammeck09

Life over here is different as compared to Ghana, u get plenty food to eat, drink till u cant no more. as i am staying with ma two cousins I am still in my welcoming days now. i applied for my social security number on the 11th March. n was told to wait for two weeks before i get it. And since i cant apply for any job without the SSN I am still in the house eating n drinking, thats the only job I am doing now.

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Sucessful second interview 16/04/2009
visa pick up 24/04/2009
Picked up visas for the Two 24/04/09
POE JFK 25/05/09
SSN Applied 27/05/09
First SSN recieved 06/06/09
State ID recieved 08/06/09
Wife's SSN recieved 12/06/09
Wife's Welcome letter 12/06/09
Welcome leter 13/06/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God

lol, this is normal. Once you have made the move and live with a family member, what you will initially daily routine is to eat, drink and sleep. I hope you get your SSN on time to start fishing for jobs.

Hahahaha, welcome bro. Stop whipping the apitite of brethren yet to come. Yes it is true but wait till you begin to pay the bills and you won't enjoy these things again. Why not? you are in your "honey moon" go on and enjoy. Sorry to all 4 not visiting. you will allunderstand when you come. To continue life smoothlly here, u need to work so much that the spare time is for food and sleep.Good luck to all yet to go the emba. Thank u again 4 keeping the house warm, especially Ammeck09

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Sucessful second interview 16/04/2009
visa pick up 24/04/2009
Picked up visas for the Two 24/04/09
POE JFK 25/05/09
SSN Applied 27/05/09
First SSN recieved 06/06/09
State ID recieved 08/06/09
Wife's SSN recieved 12/06/09
Wife's Welcome letter 12/06/09
Welcome leter 13/06/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God

vinesoft, I've missed you a lot. Why have you deserted us, I know it's difficult in terms of time especilly when you have settled and wants to quickly pays off your debt incurred in the visa processing but please just spare us few minutes to contribute to our discussions. We need the experienced guys like you to update us on the current job climate and what we can do to survive in the present circumstances.

Guys, Hope all is well. I wrote to KCC two days; today but I have not yet got a reply from them apart from that automatic reply that says my email has be received and forwarded to the right people.
How long does one have to wait or whats the right time to call them.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Don't worry Sebulonde, you will get a message like this today? This is their reply to my email submitted on Monday night (15th March 2010). I hope you will receive a similar email today since we are having our interviews at the same consulate.

"An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of London on May 1?, 2010. A notification letter was sent to you on March 11, 2010. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

KCC/rch
Public Inquiry
Serco Inc./Kentucky Consular Center
Williamsburg, Kentucky
KCCDV@state.gov
(606) 526-7500

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Sebulonde, now we have to speed our efforts in our preparation for the interview. Now I've less than two months to get everything in place. Initially I was thinking my interview will be in June or early July so I relaxed a lot. Right now I've to get the police certificate from 3 different countries as well as the medicals, but I know with little effort I may be able to get all the police certificates within the next 3 weeks. The medicals is not a problem, I just need to call them and book the appointment.

Hi guys, I received my 2nd letter today.
Now awaiting the interview date.
The process has gone very quick for me.

Don't worry Sebulonde, you will get a message like this today? This is their reply to my email submitted on Monday night (15th March 2010). I hope you will receive a similar email today since we are having our interviews at the same consulate.

"An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of London on May 1?, 2010. A notification letter was sent to you on March 11, 2010. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

KCC/rch
Public Inquiry
Serco Inc./Kentucky Consular Center
Williamsburg, Kentucky
KCCDV@state.gov
(606) 526-7500

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

I was tried of checking ma mail everyday but they did send back the reply on Thur:

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Nairobi on May 2?, 2010. A notification letter was sent to you on March 11, 2010. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

Hi guys, I received my 2nd letter today.
Now awaiting the interview date.
The process has gone very quick for me.

That was so fast. Congs, what does the 2nd Package include? I can't wait to have mine.
You mentioned that you are going to need 3 police certificates from different countries? You must be a traveled man! Anyway how is going on?
Like I mentioned to Alex, I am from Uganda and ma interview is going to be in Nairobi. Hope that doesn't change a thing!

I was tried of checking ma mail everyday but they did send back the reply on Thur:

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Nairobi on May 2?, 2010. A notification letter was sent to you on March 11, 2010. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

Finally, you have seen your interview date. Hope you are relax now.

That was so fast. Congs, what does the 2nd Package include? I can't wait to have mine.
You mentioned that you are going to need 3 police certificates from different countries? You must be a traveled man! Anyway how is going on?
Like I mentioned to Alex, I am from Uganda and ma interview is going to be in Nairobi. Hope that doesn't change a thing!

These are the documents I found in the 2nd letter:
1. Sheet 1
Dear DV Applicant, this is an official notice that it is now possible for you to pursue your application for DV-2010 visa. If you fail to obtain a DV-2010 visa by September 30, 2010, your registration will expire. This letter contains the interview date and time. It also states that all members of the applicant's family listed on an attached page must appear at the appointment date. The total fees for the DV lottery is also quoted on this sheet together.
REMINDERS
-original or certified copies of all docs must be brought to the visa interview
-nedical examinations must be completed before the interview
-the correct size and number of photographs for all applicants must be brought to the visa interview
-failure to present all of the necessary docs could result in denial of the visa

2. Another sheet list the applicant and his/her dependants

3. The 3rd sheet list documents to submit for the visa interview:
-passports
-birth cert
-adoption cert
-deed poll
-marriage cert
-divorce decree or death cert
-military service record
-police cert
-court records
-photographs (two photographs. Only one is required if you have already submitted a photograph to KCC)
-high school deploma
-evidence of support (they mention I-134 )
-translations
-medical exams cert
-all docs submitted must be original

If you have children under 14 years, it's not obligatory for them to be present but you must submit all their docs.

Basically, these are all the documents you need. Hope you get yours soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yea, I've lived in Ghana and two other European countries and getting the police cert from those countries are presently not difficult. My prayers goes to not only Ghanaians but all other winners from countries that qualifies to participates in the dv lottery programme. Hope everything works perfectly for you.

well,well i have been surfing this forum for almost a year now and to be honest it has been of great help to me.I will like to introduce myself to this forum since i just registered as a member.I will like to thank ammeck and others who have in so many divers ways help to contribute to this Gh Forum.Anyway,I am also a Dv winner with CN 2010AF12xxx but i have to rescheduled my appointment to this June due to my work schedules to enable me prepared for the interview.I am glad i am still learning from this forum before my interview in June.I know that most of the Ghanians winners are not aware of this great forum but i only pray they find their way here to experience what we all learn from here......for now i will keep my fingers crossed and hope to contribute my bit from time to time......... Thanks!

well,well i have been surfing this forum for almost a year now and to be honest it has been of great help to me.I will like to introduce myself to this forum since i just registered as a member.I will like to thank ammeck and others who have in so many divers ways help to contribute to this Gh Forum.Anyway,I am also a Dv winner with CN 2010AF12xxx but i have to rescheduled my appointment to this June due to my work schedules to enable me prepared for the interview.I am glad i am still learning from this forum before my interview in June.I know that most of the Ghanians winners are not aware of this great forum but i only pray they find their way here to experience what we all learn from here......for now i will keep my fingers crossed and hope to contribute my bit from time to time......... Thanks!

Gh Man, welcome to the great forum. It's good you have join at last despite being here for almost a year. Keep on browsing this and the Nigerian thread to familiarise yourself with the sort of questions for your interview. I'll have mine in May so hopefully you may get to read my interview experience.

Hi Gh Man,

Welcome on board. Hope you will help to make this thread of ours a success.

Good luck with the interviews in May Sebulonde and Ammeck...I know you will both be fine :)

Just remember to take all your documents and be able to provide proof of whatever you submitted in the application.

Hurry up and get your visas so you can come and join me so we all freeze in this place :)

Affidavit of Support

hello house, i need help with my affidavit of support. i would like to know if it is ok for my sponsor to email the AOS to me and if i will be able to submit the emailed version to the embassy? my interview is in April and really need this clarification before it is too late. Thank you all for your contributions. Will definitely come back to give a vivid experience of our interview.

CN: 2010AF00031***
NL dated : 21st of March 2009
NL received:16th May 2009
Returned forms: 30th July 2009
2nd NL received: 3rd March 2009
Started medicals: 10th March 2009
Medicals completed: yet to pick results