• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

At last Ammeck. Praise God! Yes, I am getting the papers ready. now that we are current for May, does it mean that our interviews have to be in May or they can be up to June? What do you think is the right time to email them and ask about the date. Ma first NL came in so late, I think because of the delay in the posta so I will need to use the email for the medicals. Ma AOS hasn't come yet, Now I am scared. My sponsor was taking her time because I thout we would be current in June. ( The VB was moving so slow).

The same applies to me, I can't even get the chance to speak to my sponsor on phone. Any time I called, he doesn't pick his phone but I've already made provision in case he refuse to send me the completed form.

Ammeck..... all will be well. i wish i could hand you over to my sponsor, bt in any case i know you will definitely pull through

CN 2010AF58***
WITH GOD I KNOW I CAN MAKE IT

The same applies to me, I can't even get the chance to speak to my sponsor on phone. Any time I called, he doesn't pick his phone but I've already made provision in case he refuse to send me the completed form.

I have a relative who can give me the dollars that they need to reflect on my account until I have a feed back from the interview but the 2010 poverty guidelines are still not out or else I don't know where to look. I am still positive thou that we will have the AOS before the interview dates.
Have you already emailed KCC about the interview? They normally ask for some weeks to process the papers.

Can I mention my work experience w/h I didn't mention in the DS 230 & DSP122

I am an Eritrean who live in Egypt. I am the winner of DV 2010 lottery. I have worked in Egypt as a "Child Care worker" for about two years. When I filled the DS 230 and DS) 122 forms, I only stated my previous work experience in my country and I didn't mention my current work experience in Egypt. I omitted to state my current occupation and work experience.

I have an interview appointment in May 2010.

Can I rewrite or edit my work experience and send the new DS 230 and DSP 122 forms to the KCC. Or should I tell the omission to the consular officer in the embassy during my interview?

Will the consular officer consider this new information as a fraud because I didn't state in my DS 230 and DSP 122 forms ? or will she/he accept it to me?

Can I fill this information in the new DS 230, and DSP 122 forms which is supposed to be sent to the embassy.

What can I do during my interview? How can I now mention my current work experience and occupation?

Please help me.

I am an Eritrean who live in Egypt. I am the winner of DV 2010 lottery. I have worked in Egypt as a "Child Care worker" for about two years. When I filled the DS 230 and DS) 122 forms, I only stated my previous work experience in my country and I didn't mention my current work experience in Egypt. I omitted to state my current occupation and work experience. This because I was not sure to get a supporting letter from my employer.

I have an interview appointment in May 2010.

Can I rewrite or edit my work experience and send the new DS 230 and DSP 122 forms to the KCC. Or should I tell the omission to the consular officer in the embassy during my interview?

Will the consular officer consider this new information as a fraud because I didn't state in my DS 230 and DSP 122 forms ? or will she/he accept it to me?

Can I fill this information in the new DS 230, and DSP 122 forms which is supposed to be sent to the embassy.

What can I do during my interview? How can I now mention my current work experience and occupation?

Please help me

Ammeck..... all will be well. i wish i could hand you over to my sponsor, bt in any case i know you will definitely pull through

CN 2010AF58***
WITH GOD I KNOW I CAN MAKE IT

Thanks for your concern. As said earlier on, I've made provision in a form of my own funds which will be enough to meet the poverty line, whether using the 2009 or whatever will come out his year.

I have a relative who can give me the dollars that they need to reflect on my account until I have a feed back from the interview but the 2010 poverty guidelines are still not out or else I don't know where to look. I am still positive thou that we will have the AOS before the interview dates.
Have you already emailed KCC about the interview? They normally ask for some weeks to process the papers.

You can still depend on the 2009 poverty guidelines because there won't be any major change in the 2009 figures. Also make sure you don't deposit at once a large sum of money in your account just to meet the poverty line. They will query you on that and possibly will affect your chances of obtaining the visa.

I've saved a lot since last year towards this move and hope to meet any new increases in the poverty guidelines figures.

Hi Americanbound & Computeck09,

Hope u guys are enjoying your stay in Yankee. At your free time, you guys should fill us in with your observation so far.

Hope u guys are enjoying your stay in Yankee. At your free time, you guys should fill us in with your observation so far.

yea, they need to feed us with their observation so far to inform us about the present employment opportunities in the states.

Hi Mykoko,

Long time bro. Hope you are preparing towards your journey to Yankee.

mykoko, any update about your intended journey to the states - flight, fares and dates? We are all praying that you had a successful journey, and please do not depart from us.

Still high unemployment across the country..although there are a lot of opportunities for Engineers and people in Hi-tech industries.

However, if you check the Onet website and look at your corresponding job category, it will pretty much tell u whether there is demand or not for your job category.

I have a few interviews lined up so will see how they go. If they don't go well, I will sell kenkey pepper and fish by the corner on Park Avenue so you can come there when you are hungry :)

Still high unemployment across the country..although there are a lot of opportunities for Engineers and people in Hi-tech industries.

However, if you check the Onet website and look at your corresponding job category, it will pretty much tell u whether there is demand or not for your job category.

I have a few interviews lined up so will see how they go. If they don't go well, I will sell kenkey pepper and fish by the corner on Park Avenue so you can come there when you are hungry :)

Hi Americanbound,

Thx very much for updating us on the employment issues in the states. But hahahahaaaa!!, selling kenkey? Do add shito to it so that we will enjoy it very well. On a serious note as the Bible says "God makes a way where there seems to be no way" eventhough the unemployment rate is still high, unemployment is not our portion. Keep us updated on your pending interviews.

Thanks for your update, this is the sort of information we need. I pray that you succeed in your interview for the best job you have applied for. Do let us know the outcome of your interviews - since it will serve as a source of motivation for us.

Guys, Hope all is well. I wrote to KCC two days; today but I have not yet got a reply from them apart from that automatic reply that says my email has be received and forwarded to the right people.
How long does one have to wait or whats the right time to call them.

Life over here is different as compared to Ghana, u get plenty food to eat, drink till u cant no more. as i am staying with ma two cousins I am still in my welcoming days now. i applied for my social security number on the 11th March. n was told to wait for two weeks before i get it. And since i cant apply for any job without the SSN I am still in the house eating n drinking, thats the only job I am doing now.

Life over here is different as compared to Ghana, u get plenty food to eat, drink till u cant no more. as i am staying with ma two cousins I am still in my welcoming days now. i applied for my social security number on the 11th March. n was told to wait for two weeks before i get it. And since i cant apply for any job without the SSN I am still in the house eating n drinking, thats the only job I am doing now.

Hi Computek09,

Good for you bro. Careful not to eat and drink too much or else you will bloat. Do well to keep us inform as soon as your job hunting starts. All the best man.

Guys, Hope all is well. I wrote to KCC two days; today but I have not yet got a reply from them apart from that automatic reply that says my email has be received and forwarded to the right people.

Hi Sebulonde,

The receipt of the automatic mail shows that your mail was sent to the right email address. In my case, the first time i sent them a mail, they gave me a feedback the next day. The second time, the feedback came in three days time. For all you know they are busy now but they will surely respond to your mail. All the best in your preparation towards your interview.

Hi ammeck09,

Is the same thing happening to you? Please let us know cos it seems our sister (sebulonde) is worried.