• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2010 my interview experience

Bulbuls

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,
My case number 2010AS 00002xxx
My interview was held on 6th October’2009 at us embassy Bangkok, Thailand.
My interview are as follows:
C.O.: What is your name?
Me: My name is……..
C.O: What is your father name?
Me: …………………
C.O. What’s your last degree?
Me:………………………..
CO: When have u completed your last degree?
Me:…………………………………
CO: Where u live today?
Me:…………………….
CO: What do u do now?
Me:………………………..
CO: are u married?
Me:………………..
CO: Have you paid visa fees?
Me:……………………….
CO: Raise your right hand and take oath
Me: I do
CO: Sign DS 230
Me: I sign

Then the consular officer discussed 01 minute with local lady with her.
and then said to me that………”We kept your passport. We have some additional processing. We will contact with u as soon as the processing complete.” And give me a blue sheet but not to (X) any box. THAT’S ALL.

I have submitted all my documents accurate and authenticated. Anybody please write regarding my case. What is going to be happen in my case and fate?
PLEASE WRITE HERE WHAT IS ADDITIONAL PROCESSING? AND HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLEATE PROCESSING?

I could be an easy thing. Some people from certain countries have mentioned that happening to more people and it could be a concern if it happens if you have a very high number, but you are so early in the process so your number must be low and you have time enough. I would call the embassy every week and ask for an update. If you papers were all correct you should be fine.

I could be an easy thing. Some people from certain countries have mentioned that happening to more people and it could be a concern if it happens if you have a very high number, but you are so early in the process so your number must be low and you have time enough. I would call the embassy every week and ask for an update. If you papers were all correct you should be fine.

Dear LINDA 555 and Bentlebee thank u for your views regarding my case also I am grateful to both of u.

In my previous post I have forgot to mention another things that............. Consular Officer Gave me back all of my original certificate except my bachelor degrees certificate. Consular Officer has not back my bachelor degrees original certificate

Maybe they are checking if it is original or not....if you know that it is original you don't have to worry at all.

All over the world there have been people with fake documents, so that could be a reason. They might check the school if you were a student there...so don't worry.:)

Maybe they are checking if it is original or not....if you know that it is original you don't have to worry at all.

All over the world there have been people with fake documents, so that could be a reason. They might check the school if you were a student there...so don't worry.:)

Could u assume how long will it take to get a call from embassy?

I wouldn't sit and wait for them but I would call them every week ....:)

Today I call embassy then they informed me my additional process is going on also informed me If they do not call me within October 30'2009 then I call them 1st November'2009

What does it mean?

Today I call embassy then they informed me my additional process is going on also informed me If they do not call me within October 30'2009 then I call them 1st November'2009

What does it mean?

You are lucky they have even given you a date that you should call. I think by the set date your decision will be ready. Hope you become successful in the end.

What does it mean?

Hi Bulbuls!
I also had interview at US Embassy, BKK on 5th and they asked me to submit I-864 which I submitted already alongwith our passports. I tried to call them to know the status of my case but the operator told me that the Consular Officer can not be contacted over telephone. How did you call them - may I know the number pls.?

Hi Bulbuls!
I also had interview at US Embassy, BKK on 5th and they asked me to submit I-864 which I submitted already alongwith our passports. I tried to call them to know the status of my case but the operator told me that the Consular Officer can not be contacted over telephone. How did you call them - may I know the number pls.?

Dear Sik
The consular officer did not ask me anything like I-864. U can contact embassy for ur case at 001-800-13-202-2457 and visasbkk@state.gov
Please let me know the following:

1. Please describe total interview details
2. After ur interview what they gave u (like blue sheet or others ...........and what is written there like Additional processing or Administrative processing)
3. Are u muslim?

Hi Bulbuls & Sik,
I'm also from Thailand and am wondering what kind of documents were you required to have for your case processing/interview at the bangkok embassy.

Dear Sik
The consular officer did not ask me anything like I-864. U can contact embassy for ur case at 001-800-13-202-2457 and visasbkk@state.gov
Please let me know the following:

1. Please describe total interview details
2. After ur interview what they gave u (like blue sheet or others ...........and what is written there like Additional processing or Administrative processing)
3. Are u muslim?

My Interview went very well. The Consular Officer didn't ask me any specific question just said I need to obtain I-864 form from my uncle living in USA and gave me one white paper with an instruction to submit the I-864.
yes I am Muslim. can I have your e-mail address please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bulbuls & Sik,
I'm also from Thailand and am wondering what kind of documents were you required to have for your case processing/interview at the bangkok embassy.
Nothing special Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Police Clearance, Medical Certificate, Bank Statement, Educational Certificate, Experiance Certificate etc.

My Interview went very well. The Consular Officer didn't ask me any specific question just said I need to obtain I-864 form from my uncle living in USA and gave me one white paper with an instruction to submit the I-864.
yes I am Muslim. can I have your e-mail address please?

hi sik
after submitting your I-864. then what things consular officer gave you and told you like blue sheet or yellow sheet. there is two option after your interview consular officer will give you token or yellow or blue sheet

hi sik
after submitting your I-864. then what things consular officer gave you and told you like blue sheet or yellow sheet. there is two option after your interview consular officer will give you token or yellow or blue sheet
They gave me nothing, Actually the Consular Officer didn't receive my papers one Thai lady recevied the documents from me and she took the white paper, the receipts for payment of Fees and my telephone number and informed me that they would call. she also informed that normally it takes 3/4 days but depends on the case.

They gave me nothing, Actually the Consular Officer didn't receive my papers one Thai lady recevied the documents from me and she took the white paper, the receipts for payment of Fees and my telephone number and informed me that they would call. she also informed that normally it takes 3/4 days but depends on the case.

Hi Sik
Have u got ur visa or any call from embassy?

Hi,
I also had an interview in US embassy on August 2010 for DV Visa. So the interview went quit well.

Then the consular officer took my visa photos and told me that your case looks fine and he returned all my original educational and other certificates. And then they issued me a blue letter written that we are keeping your passport. Because your case requires some administrative processing, we will contact you as soon as your travel documents are ready to be picked up.

DO you know anyone whose visa is issued or refused and to tell me what is going on and how will it take them to process my case.

Thank you
ALL