• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

The Field Office is the authority
that schedules the interviews. So,
they can be flexible about it if they
wish and conditions permit...

Before you did not mention a lawyer.
Have you started the process with the
same lawyer or alone?

my number is 47000's
i have not done the infopass...i talked to my lawyer and she said she was gonna do it for me.(Just today)
I sent the application 29th august...and they sent me the biometrics notice yesterday.
I dont know what to expect, I think my lawyer is going to do the infopass on behalf of me. Do they have the power to move the interview date forward?

Simubure,

I take it you logged out I have to wrap it up myself.

If your numbers is 47k from Africa which means it was
current in July that also means you could have applied
around May 10. This would have given you a great advantage.

Anyways it is so late in the fiscal year and good luck to you
with your lawyer...

The Field Office is the authority
that schedules the interviews. So,
they can be flexible about it if they
wish and conditions permit...

Before you did not mention a lawyer.
Have you started the process with the
same lawyer or alone?

I think I replied your answer but just want to be sure. Yes they told me the same thing and i got the email from them in the JUNK mail after 5 business days with out further inquiry..best of luck
Hey Summet, I asked KCC about my NL and they said they would email me one in 3-5 business days. Did they tell you the same thing when you got your 1NL via email ( If I remeber it correctly, I think you requested your 1NL from KCC). Did you have to follow up with them to get one ( after 3-5 days) , or did they send you 1NL via email on time. Please share!

congrulation matondaw. u will be getting your welcome letter and GC soon in mail.wish u all the best for ur future
Hi everyone,

I know it has been a while but i was following capolive's advice and focusing on our case for the pasts weeks. It was a roller coaster but thank to Allah my husband and i got our interviews and got approved for the green card. Both of our status are now on CPO and we are waiting for the Welcome letters and the cards! We really wanted to thank everyone on this forum.
Now, because our case was complicated, I wanted to go through it just in case someone else is in a similar situation.My husband and I were living and working in different states( him in CA and me in NY). We were both working on H1-B visas. We met seven years ago when we come from Africa to study , have been in a relationship for six years, lived in different states for five years and have been married for a little more than a year now . After graduating from a community college, I transferred to NY and my husband( then my boyfriend) stayed in TX. The schools we attended were good when it comes to the majors we were pursuing and the states offered more job opportunities( i studied finance and he did engineering). So we were living in different states for years while visiting each other as often as possible. We wanted to get married and finally live together after graduation but GOD has His plans an we have ours! I was the first to find a job so I signed a two years contract ( for security) that was in 2008. My husband could not find a job in NY but kept looking and only found something in CA. Because we wanted to get married, HE had to have a job and therefore he took it. We got married in beginning of may 2009 and I received KCC letter two weeks later .we were still stuck in two opposite coasts however because of my contract. We went to Africa for the wedding and had hundreds of pictures with family and of the ceremony. Our numbers became current in September and we applied for AOS in the beginning of Aug. I have put the time line below. We hesitated a lot toward the end when it came to me moving to CA or staying in NY for the interviews because as of September my contract was up and I was ready to finally move to CA. After thinking about it for a while, we decided not to change my address so that the process could be as smooth as possible. After doing walk in biometrics, I was schedules for interview on sept 14 and my husband on sept 15. My husband flew to NY for my interview. He was not allowed to come in with me but my interview went well and I got my passport stamped. On the same day, we flew to CA together and went to my husband's interview on the next morning. I was allowed to be with him during the interview and the officer ask questions to both of us about our relationship and proof of bona fide marriage. We show him our CA lease, car insurance, health insurance, my famous work contract with the two year mention, all of the plane tickets we had bought since we were together and the gross amount spent about 7000 dollars as well as all of the pictures we took during our relationship and of course the pictures of the wedding back home with our families and friends. He was very impressed by the food and traditional cloths( surprise!). When we were done, he told us that he would approve my husband right away, congratulated us and said that his card should be at home in the next two weeks. He also said that if my husband needed to travel outside the country within the next two weeks, he should come to the office to stamp his passport before then. When we checked our status on line that afternoon, both of our status were on CPO. By the way, when we left NY for CA, i finally took all of my staff and I am now living in CA with my husband!!! Again, thank you to everybody for your help and support but mostly to Allah who blessed us. It was not easy but we are happy it ended well Macha Allah
I hope that our story will comfort those who are in similar situation. Always be honest about your situation, always have proof to back up your arguments!!!
AND DO A LOT OF INFO PASS!!!

Good luck to everybody!!And I will update when we received the cards Incha Allah!

TIMELINE
May 2009- 1Nl
August 2009- 2NL
Case current in Sept 2010
Aug 5 2010- Sent Complete package to Chicago
Aug17 2010- NOA
Aug 25(me) and 26( husband)-No Bio letter so we did walk in Bio
Aug 26 -Bio appointment for Sept 17(so late!!!)
Now waiting for interview letter...
Sep8- my husband has his interview letter for 9/15( before planned bios)
Sep9- I received my interview letter for 9/14
Sept14- my interview in NY- approved and stamped
Sept15 Husband interview in CA- approved
Sept16- Both CPO
Now waiting for welcome letter and Cards!!!

By the way, could someone explain what PDA means ? Thanks

I have been hearing that you have to be lucky to win DV. BUt u are indeed lucky of most us.. congrulation on ur successful interview. U have my best wishes
Hi everyone .....
I would like to share my interview experience with you guys and i am sure it was one of the moments that i would cherish forever...:)
So i finished my biometrics during 5th of august and was waiting for the interview later. I had made several calls to KCC and the USCIS national customer care service but could not get any required information from them regarding my interview date. Finally i expedited my case on 23rd of august and received a letter from the New Orleans field office stating that they will schedule my interview sometime during the month of sept. I was relieved and started waiting for the letter. However, i did not receive any letter till 13th of sept and it was on this day that that i made a call again at the customer care service and explained my case to them. After holding for about 20-30 mins i was allowed to talk to a supervisor who told me that the field office has not scheduled any interview yet. I started getting worried but she also told me to make an info pass as soon as possible and find out the reason behind the delay in my interview schedule. I booked a ticket for New orleans the very next day and was on my way to NO for an infopass on 15th sept at 8 am. As per schedule i arrived at the field office for my info pass, i talked to an officer and explained my case to him. He went inside and came out with a surprise in his face and he told me that my interview is schedule for today at 8 am. I was shocked. didn't know what to tell him. He gave me a letter and asked me to drop behind a door which i did. Fortunately i had all my documents with me at that moment but i was not at all prepared for the interview. A lady called my name and i followed her to her office. She was really nice and asked me to take the oath. She also explained me that they had send me an interview letter a while ago but somehow it never reached to my address and hence it got returned. She also told me that i was lucky to be here on the same day of the interview even if i had no idea that it was my interview date. She did not ask me much and approved my case in no time. That was it. I was glad that i did not had to go through any questions. I think i was lucky enough to be there and i am really excited to have my case approved. I checked my status online and now its CPO. Thank you everyone in this forum. This forum was really helpful to me. Even though i did not write much in this forum, i always checked everyones updates and that helped me a lot.

gud luck to everyone ....

hey capeolive,
its being a while having conversation with you. I can see this forum getting slowing down coz of the end of the fiscal year but I am glad to be seeingu around here helping fellow membes. i am here every day but i dot have much to comment on so i just pass by. Any ways, i wanted to thank you for all your effort that made my dream come true today. and I am just going through the jokes u send me. still remember the post when u said. "after everything is over with we can always crack joke about the bad experience"
hats off for u my friend.

Hi

I couldn't reply to the thread recently because i was too busy in my Grad School work and because some cases were too complex for me to reply. Thanks a lot capeolive for your great job. It seems almost everyone has finished the process successfully. Good Luck for all who are still waiting for the GC!
@Withgod, Wish you all the best for your upcoming interview
@winee10, i can understand how happy you are after getting the chance to work/study after 7 years. I was undergoing the same situation for 2 years

my number is 47000's
i have not done the infopass...i talked to my lawyer and she said she was gonna do it for me.(Just today)
I sent the application 29th august...and they sent me the biometrics notice yesterday.
I dont know what to expect, I think my lawyer is going to do the infopass on behalf of me. Do they have the power to move the interview date forward?
It seems you have sent your AOS package extremely late. Don't keep trust on your lawyer. Try to do an infopass by yourself immediately and schedule an appointment for the interview. Do a walk-in biometrics on Monday. Also call KCC on Monday and check whether your file has been transferred to your local office. If not, inform that to the officer in your infopass. As you are running out of time, you have to be quick.

guys,
Got a quick question: I do not have a middle name, I have always left it blank in forms but here I am printing NONE. Feels to me like it might become confusing. What do you guys think? should i say noneor leave blank?

Thanks

no middle name leave it blank....
if u write none they wil think its yor middle name...
dont forget we are out of state residents so having such middle name might be possible in different countries..better to leave it blank...
guys,
Got a quick question: I do not have a middle name, I have always left it blank in forms but here I am printing NONE. Feels to me like it might become confusing. What do you guys think? should i say noneor leave blank?

Thanks

Hi Summet,

It is good to see the friends around.
Thank you for your words but I have
only been trying to do my part. It was just
the right thing to do especially getting
my card after being told by the lawyers
that I was no eligible...

So, may be I should crack another joke:

* How can you spot a lawyer walking down the street?

* He will have his hands in someone else’s pockets.

P.S. Of course not all the lawyers are bad there are
still good ones around, it is just hard to find a good
lawyer with a DV AOS experience...

hey capeolive,
its being a while having conversation with you. I can see this forum getting slowing down coz of the end of the fiscal year but I am glad to be seeingu around here helping fellow membes. i am here every day but i dot have much to comment on so i just pass by. Any ways, i wanted to thank you for all your effort that made my dream come true today. and I am just going through the jokes u send me. still remember the post when u said. "after everything is over with we can always crack joke about the bad experience"
hats off for u my friend.

Hi chooti,

It is just good to see old forumites around...

I couldn't reply to the thread recently because i was too busy in my Grad School work and because some cases were too complex for me to reply. Thanks a lot capeolive for your great job. It seems almost everyone has finished the process successfully. Good Luck for all who are still waiting for the GC!
@Withgod, Wish you all the best for your upcoming interview
@winee10, i can understand how happy you are after getting the chance to work/study after 7 years. I was undergoing the same situation for 2 years

Hi khayat,

You should leave it blank for not to confuse them...

I wonder what if somebody got one of his/her names
as "none" this could break down the immigration system...

guys,

Thanks

Somebody asked me the following question as a private message
Since I stopped answering private messages I will answer it here:

-------------------

aos

Hi capeolive,

I am under J1 visa which is valid until Sep 2011. I am going to extend my visa for 2 more years in near future.
Do you think there would be a contradictory once it is noted in process of my AOS through lottery?

Thank you in advance

--------------------------

Hi the questioner,

Until you get your green card you should
"maintain your status". So, I don't
think it would be a contradiction, it would
be just maintaining your status. Of course
after getting your card you won't need your
visa anymore...

Rule of thumb while your case is pending:

* Maintain your status,

* Do not leave the country...

Thanks Capeolive again.
Alright, leaving blank it is.

One more question:
How did you guys fill out the section 3 of I-485 "present and past memberships and affiliations and military services" ? How many and what would you mention here? What
I just need a little explanation here to be clear that I am not missing anything and I am not giving unnecessary information that might confuse them.

Thanks

Hi khayat,

You should leave it blank for not to confuse them...

I wonder what if somebody got one of his/her names
as "none" this could break down the immigration system...

Hi khayat,

The form we filed last year was little different.
I guess things are getting tougher...

For instance Affiliation means "The act of becoming
formally connected or joined."

So, I would say use your judgment. Depending on where
you are from it might be better not to confuse people.
Without lying of course...

Thanks Capeolive again.
Alright, leaving blank it is.

One more question:
How did you guys fill out the section 3 of I-485 "present and past memberships and affiliations and military services" ? How many and what would you mention here? What
I just need a little explanation here to be clear that I am not missing anything and I am not giving unnecessary information that might confuse them.

Thanks

Hi everyone,
I have a quick question for you guys ..... i am suppose to receive my green card this week, i did not file for EAD while filling for i485. Do you guys have any idea how can i file for EAD now after receiving my green card ??? Do i have to pay for it again or is it free ??? Please do let me know.

u dont need no EAD. ur green card will do all for u. if u want to start working from now b4 u get a green card,. u can go t the FO and get it stamped or something to show that u have been approved and that u are waiting for your GC.
Wait ... do we even need an EAD after having green card ????