• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Guys finally got my I-134 filled. THis guy doing my I-134 has a yerly income of 60000 with 2 dependents and has aplied for visa petition for his dad copuple of months ago. I hope his funds should be enough to be my sponsor. Besides he has almost half million in realstate and about 40,000 in bank and bonds. So, far I got him sign the paper but have to wait till sunday to get his bank imformation and his tax return. he said he wont be able to give the the form 4868 for some reason but he will give me the tax return for 08 and 07.
Besides that , I got new address in my license and now I got a paper ID however, the lady told me I can use it as a original for all the governmental purposes and the plus point was that, since recently they started having picture in the paper ID which make it more easier to use. So I will be using that pper ID for my interview.
some one told me not to use or show my EAD cards that I have got from my OPT and from the AOS process earlier thisyear coz both has been void or expired and acording to the law, I was supposed to return it back to USCIS once its been expired or void. What do you guys think?
And the last thing, i was asked to bring photo copies of all the evidence if i wish to kep my originals. I am not really getting what document they are exactly talking about because most of my documents that I will be taking in the interview will be the originals of the one I sent during my AOS application, the only new document will be the I-134. Do you recommond to make copies of all th documents that I have already send during AOS, or just take my originals for the interview.

@capeolive, glad to hear your progress. Its late, but not too late ! Wish you all the very best !
After all its Ankara, super busy DV post I guess (do they have another post there?). One piece of advice, do write both i-134 and i-864 for your family. But ask your family to give i-864 ONLY if they insist. Just ask them to keep it fully separate. 'cos if the CO confuse the case for a FB, the i-864 processing is complicated. I hope this will not happen at all. Do you plan to accompany them to the intvw ? wish you could. Good Luck again.

@Summet,

Good progress....you're doing a grt job for your own sake!
Its true that you've already sent them copies, but as a rule of thumb, take a set of copies of ALL the original docs that you will be taking to the intvw. It will be thick and be heavy but it doesn't hurt (may be your back a bit) and btw....use a rubber band !
About those old EAds etc, you do not have to return them back, but just take all with you just in case they ask. DO NOT give anything if not asked for specifically, even i-134.

Best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you capeolive and all for your valueable sugguestion. It had been so helpful. My best wishes and prayers are always with you and wish you good luck. Here is my case update.

06/05/09 1st NL
08/21/09 2nd NL
04/10/10 Cut-Off for June
05/08/10 AOS Pckg to Chicago
05/12/10 Checks are cashed AOS
05/25/10 NOAs
06/04/10 Bio
07/23/10 Interview letter for 08/16
08/16/10 Interview Done and got approved
08/20/10 Welcome letter

I will go ahead and make photocopies of everything. In case. And I won't dare to give anything b4 I am asked for it. Hope they won't ask for anything. Like to nepal2010 they just asked for the i20. Passport and i94 card and that wa it
@capeolive, glad to hear your progress. Its late, but not too late ! Wish you all the very best !
After all its Ankara, super busy DV post I guess (do they have another post there?). One piece of advice, do write both i-134 and i-864 for your family. But ask your family to give i-864 ONLY if they insist. Just ask them to keep it fully separate. 'cos if the CO confuse the case for a FB, the i-864 processing is complicated. I hope this will not happen at all. Do you plan to accompany them to the intvw ? wish you could. Good Luck again.

@Summet,

Its true that you've already sent them copies, but as a rule of thumb, take a set of copies of ALL the original docs that you will be taking to the intvw. It will be thick and be heavy but it doesn't hurt (may be your back a bit) and btw....use a rubber band !
About those old EAds etc, you do not have to return them back, but just take all with you just in case they ask. DO NOT give anything if not asked for specifically, even i-134.

Best!

Update on My Case!

Hi friends,

DV applications are mostly done in one of two ways:

1. CP Overseas,
2. AOS in US.

There are also two other ways that can be done
which are not practiced much though:

3. Principal does AOS in US and his/her family CP overseas,
4. Principal does CP overseas and his/her family AOS in US.

Since I was grandfathered under section 245 (i)
and could not leave US and my family was living overseas
I had to go with option three which is my doing AOS
in US and my family CP overseas.

As most of you know after my case was approved
and I got my card my DV file had to be sent to the
US Embassy in Turkey for my family's Following-To-Join
DV application. Unfortunately, instead my file was
sent to National Records Center in MS by mistake.
As they say "things" happen!

I have been working on getting the field office
to get the file back and send it to the embassy.
I have been in contact with the field office, my
congressman, immigration ombudsman and the
US Embassy all alone. Other than the embassy
people are not experienced in DV AOS + FTJ DV
applications much. Because of this I had hard time
convincing people. Finally with the help of God
I was able to convince enough people. My family
and I received some personal phone calls showing
that they were working on the file.

I have been working on this day and night, there
were ups and downs. At the end thank to God I was
triumph. What has been done so far are:

1. My approved AOS file has been faxed to US Embassy by field office,
2. My DV FTJ file has been loaded to DVIS system and paper file has been sent to the Embassy by KCC.
Also it turned out that I was not required to file an I-824 for my family.

All these were done after the Embassy and the Field Office
had been contacted by my Congressman and CIS Ombudsman
in Washington DC.

I hereby send my gratitude and best wishes to Congressman
Joe Pits and his staff, to CIS Ombudsman January Contreras
and her staff, to Philadelphia Field Office first floor supervisor,
representative, third floor supervisor, and finally to Consul
General of US Embassy and his staff. Thank you again
ladies and gentlemen you have helped me and my family
a great deal. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

I am also glad that I was able to solve this matter without
seeking help from some higher up people I know personally.

My family's interview is removed to late September due to
timing. We have lost at least three months due to this whole
ordeal. I am not bitter and don't have any hard feelings. I am
rather glad, content and relieved. "Better late than never!"

I thank each and every one of you who has been supporting me
with good wishes and prayers. I still seek prayers and good wishes
of you who pray an good wishes of you who don't pray. Thank you
friends...

Hi capeolive,

woooooow you did an amazing job as you always do.
One big thanks for you, for being with us
from beginning to the end!!!
I am sooooo happy :D:D:D to hear great news!!!!!
I am sorry that your case took so long.
But God is with you and is looking your good deeds!
Soon your family will be together with you.
After such a long time of waiting you deserve to
enjoy in a wonderful life and new status!
You always have my good wishes and prayers.
Best!!! Cross fingers for you.

Thanks to you all who have been so helpful. Our interview went very well AO did not ask much questions and she approved it and said that check your mailbox your card is on the way and told that we will get it within two weeks. Feeling so fantastic.
Thank you capeolive.

Hi teamworks,
congratulations!!!! Wonderful news!!!
Best of luck!

Congratulations and BEST Wishes Capeolive

It's a wonderful news. Your hard work has finally paid off.Wish you a happy days/years ahead as all yours dreams come true.

Update on My Case!

Hi friends,

DV applications are mostly done in one of two ways:

1. CP Overseas,
2. AOS in US.

There are also two other ways that can be done
which are not practiced much though:

3. Principal does AOS in US and his/her family CP overseas,
4. Principal does CP overseas and his/her family AOS in US.

Since I was grandfathered under section 245 (i)
and could not leave US and my family was living overseas
I had to go with option three which is my doing AOS
in US and my family CP overseas.

As most of you know after my case was approved
and I got my card my DV file had to be sent to the
US Embassy in Turkey for my family's Following-To-Join
DV application. Unfortunately, instead my file was
sent to National Records Center in MS by mistake.
As they say "things" happen!

I have been working on getting the field office
to get the file back and send it to the embassy.
I have been in contact with the field office, my
congressman, immigration ombudsman and the
US Embassy all alone. Other than the embassy
people are not experienced in DV AOS + FTJ DV
applications much. Because of this I had hard time
convincing people. Finally with the help of God
I was able to convince enough people. My family
and I received some personal phone calls showing
that they were working on the file.

I have been working on this day and night, there
were ups and downs. At the end thank to God I was
triumph. What has been done so far are:

1. My approved AOS file has been faxed to US Embassy by field office,
2. My DV FTJ file has been loaded to DVIS system and paper file has been sent to the Embassy by KCC.
Also it turned out that I was not required to file an I-824 for my family.

All these were done after the Embassy and the Field Office
had been contacted by my Congressman and CIS Ombudsman
in Washington DC.

I hereby send my gratitude and best wishes to Congressman
Joe Pits and his staff, to CIS Ombudsman January Contreras
and her staff, to Philadelphia Field Office first floor supervisor,
representative, third floor supervisor, and finally to Consul
General of US Embassy and his staff. Thank you again
ladies and gentlemen you have helped me and my family
a great deal. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

I am also glad that I was able to solve this matter without
seeking help from some higher up people I know personally.

My family's interview is removed to late September due to
timing. We have lost at least three months due to this whole
ordeal. I am not bitter and don't have any hard feelings. I am
rather glad, content and relieved. "Better late than never!"

I thank each and every one of you who has been supporting me
with good wishes and prayers. I still seek prayers and good wishes
of you who pray an good wishes of you who don't pray. Thank you
friends...

I will go ahead and make photocopies of everything. In case. And I won't dare to give anything b4 I am asked for it. Hope they won't ask for anything. Like to nepal2010 they just asked for the i20. Passport and i94 card and that wa it

Apart from the i-134, you are going to take with you a job offer letter as well , correct? If not, try to do that as well and if the 'income' Q comes, give that offer letter 1st. Give i-134 only if they insist on it.

Best !

I was getting either sponsor letter or job offer letter so u chose to get i134. I won't be having the job offer letter and also I won't have his Tax return for 2009. I will be taking will be the signed form. His bank statement and his tax return for 2 yes 2007 and 2008. I have already stopped looking for any more docs coz I am getting more confused. I am hopfyl that that should b enough
Apart from the i-134, you are going to take with you a job offer letter as well , correct? If not, try to do that as well and if the 'income' Q comes, give that offer letter 1st. Give i-134 only if they insist on it.

Best !

Hi maila,

Thank you. You and your family have my good wishes
and prayers for your upcoming interview overseas...

Capeolive,

You made my day...gracious. Good news. I am so happy for you and your family. Finally, you will be able to unite with your family.

Hi leongsce,

Thank you for your words. You and your family
have my good wishes and prayers. Enjoy your status'
and raise your children as good human beings...

capeolive,
very happy for you that it's eventually getting there! the good Lord answers our prayers!
very soon you will be reunited with your family.

Hi Summet,

Thanks. I hope your upcoming interview
goes very smooth for you and then we
can crack some jokes about the whole
ordeal of yours...

So so so happy for u. Congrulation on ur progress. I am sure you family union is very close.

Hi Summet,

You are mostly ready to go. Have the exact same
copy of the AOS file you have sent to Chicago.
Study it, know what is located where. Take as much
documentation as possible. Do not show them anything
unless asked for or you think it is necessary.

Do what you can and don't worry much...

Guys finally got my I-134 filled. THis guy doing my I-134 has a yerly income of 60000 with 2 dependents and has aplied for visa petition for his dad copuple of months ago. I hope his funds should be enough to be my sponsor. Besides he has almost half million in realstate and about 40,000 in bank and bonds. So, far I got him sign the paper but have to wait till sunday to get his bank imformation and his tax return. he said he wont be able to give the the form 4868 for some reason but he will give me the tax return for 08 and 07.
Besides that , I got new address in my license and now I got a paper ID however, the lady told me I can use it as a original for all the governmental purposes and the plus point was that, since recently they started having picture in the paper ID which make it more easier to use. So I will be using that pper ID for my interview.
some one told me not to use or show my EAD cards that I have got from my OPT and from the AOS process earlier thisyear coz both has been void or expired and acording to the law, I was supposed to return it back to USCIS once its been expired or void. What do you guys think?
And the last thing, i was asked to bring photo copies of all the evidence if i wish to kep my originals. I am not really getting what document they are exactly talking about because most of my documents that I will be taking in the interview will be the originals of the one I sent during my AOS application, the only new document will be the I-134. Do you recommond to make copies of all th documents that I have already send during AOS, or just take my originals for the interview.

Hi NuvF,

Thank you for your words. It is a very busy but efficient post.
They know my case pretty well. I don't think there will be any
more confusion. I got extra documentation just in case though...

@Summet,

Best!

Hi teamworks,

Thank you for your good wishes and prayers.
Thank you for your case update. You will be
in DV 2010 AOS Only Case Progress List
which I will post at the end of the FY, it would
help the future applicants...

Keep us posted when you get "the plastic"...

Thank you capeolive and all for your valueable sugguestion. It had been so helpful. My best wishes and prayers are always with you and wish you good luck. Here is my case update.

06/05/09 1st NL
08/21/09 2nd NL
04/10/10 Cut-Off for June
05/08/10 AOS Pckg to Chicago
05/12/10 Checks are cashed AOS
05/25/10 NOAs
06/04/10 Bio
07/23/10 Interview letter for 08/16
08/16/10 Interview Done and got approved
08/20/10 Welcome letter

Hi new one,

Thank you for your nice words, good wishes and prayers.
I know I will always get good vibes from you...

I am happy that you are no longer working at the same place.
Enjoy your status wisely, always have a "long term" plan...

You have my best wishes and prayers no matter where you are...

Hi capeolive,

woooooow you did an amazing job as you always do.
One big thanks for you, for being with us
from beginning to the end!!!
I am sooooo happy :D:D:D to hear great news!!!!!
I am sorry that your case took so long.
But God is with you and is looking your good deeds!
Soon your family will be together with you.
After such a long time of waiting you deserve to
enjoy in a wonderful life and new status!
You always have my good wishes and prayers.
Best!!! Cross fingers for you.

Hi Summet,

You can only prepare so much. Just do what you can. That's it...

And of course pray and rely on God. He is capable of everything...

Later we will crack some jokes about your ordeal and choose the best lawyer joke...

I was getting either sponsor letter or job offer letter so u chose to get i134. I won't be having the job offer letter and also I won't have his Tax return for 2009. I will be taking will be the signed form. His bank statement and his tax return for 2 yes 2007 and 2008. I have already stopped looking for any more docs coz I am getting more confused. I am hopfyl that that should b enough