• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

The case# is suggested to be put on every paper and even on the enveloppe. I don't remember where I read it, but with all communication the case# is very important to get the papers to be processed a.s.a.p.

The birth cerificate must be an Internatioal birth certificate. If you all city hall in your native country they know what you are talking about and they can provide it easily, unless your is already in English.

I received my Green Card Today!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, today morning i received my GC in mail. I am soooooooooooo happyy!! Thank you very much to all of you who have been so supportive and helpful! I wish good luck to all that havent received theirs yet. Everybody in this forum, sooner or later, will get it for sure.

Hi all, today morning i received my GC in mail. I am soooooooooooo happyy!! Thank you very much to all of you who have been so supportive and helpful! I wish good luck to all that havent received theirs yet. Everybody in this forum, sooner or later, will get it for sure.

Congrats cm1979. That is very good news. Very happy for you. Don't forget to thank God. :)

I just got another "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED" text saying that it was ordered today. That is weird because i received the same text 3 days ago saying it was ordered 2/23/10 !!!
Does anyone know why that happens ??

I think it is normal. For my case: I got a "Card production ordered" message on Feb 12. Then got a "welcome letter sent" message on Feb 16. Got another "card production ordered" message on Feb 18. And finally got a "approval notice sent" message on Feb 22. The last one was actually for the mailing of GC since i received my GC today. So sounds like it is normal. You are already approved so you are totally good. On my card, the start date of my permanent residency is shown as Feb 12 - that is the date of the first CP ordered message. Which means you are also officially a PR already.

Hi cm1979,

Congratulations for your card. I hope it brings goodness to you.
Thank you for your wishes for the folks in the forum.
Do not forget to stick around in the forum...

Welcome letter received

I got my welcome letter today. My wife still did not get hers even though she got the same texts i got at the same time. I think they just got separated in the mail and will be here soon.

On the welcome letter it says COA: DV7 does anyone know what that means ?? I know i saw it before in a much older post but i can't find it.

Hi ice man,

Congratulations on your welcome letter. Don't worry your wife's letter will follow soon.
USPS may be slow sometimes but at the end they do make the delivery.
Here what DV7 means...

Diversity:
DV1 Principals, new arrivals
DV6 Principals, adjustments
DV2 Spouses of DV1 or DV6, new arrivals
DV7 Spouses of DV1 or DV6, adjustments
DV3 Children of DV1 or DV6, new arrivals
DV8 Children of DV1 or DV6, adjustments

I got my welcome letter today. My wife still did not get hers even though she got the same texts i got at the same time. I think they just got separated in the mail and will be here soon.

On the welcome letter it says COA: DV7 does anyone know what that means ?? I know i saw it before in a much older post but i can't find it.

Hello!

I am winner of the DV2010 and I am currently applying for AOS. I would really appreciate you answers to the the following questions:

1. on I-485 form, part2, application type, what box should I fill (a or h)?
2. I am an F1 student. My husband is also a F1 student. Does he need an affidavit of support form?

Thanks!!

thanks capeolive

Hi tzimo,

1. On the I-485 form Part 2.
you should check h. and write bottom of it
Diversity Visa (DV) 2010 Selectee
2. Both you and your husband may be asked for
an affidavit of support (I-134) it depends on your
financial situation and weather you have jobs...

Hello!

I am winner of the DV2010 and I am currently applying for AOS. I would really appreciate you answers to the the following questions:

1. on I-485 form, part2, application type, what box should I fill (a or h)?
2. I am an F1 student. My husband is also a F1 student. Does he need an affidavit of support form?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the response!

We both are paid by the university since we are students in a PhD program (we receive a monthly stipend and health insurance, and our tuition is covered by the school). in this case does either one of us still need to fill an affidavit of support?

Hi tzimo,

It depends. My advice is do not send any affidavit of support with
the DV package you'll send to Chicago Lockbox. Wait until you get
the interview letter sometimes they do ask for it in the letter.
Sometimes they don't ask it in the letter but they still can ask for it
during the interview. If you don't have it then they give you some time
to bring it...

Thanks for the response!

We both are paid by the university since we are students in a PhD program (we receive a monthly stipend and health insurance, and our tuition is covered by the school). in this case does either one of us still need to fill an affidavit of support?

Congratulations to all those that have had sucessful interviews. Your journey is complete.

Thanks to all members that give in so much of their time to help others.

To all of us that are in the process, lets think positive and we each will reach our goals!

Congratulations ICE MAN!

I so happy for you, cm 1979!!! my congratulations!!! Now you start your new life!!!! Good luck!!!!!

Will I have a chance to be interviewed though I sent back the form to KCC very late
Will I HAVE A CHANCE TO GET THE 2ND NL THOUGH MY CURRENT IS ALREADY OVER.
My Case number is: 2010AF00009XXX

I am an African who is the winner of DV 2010 lottery.

Although The KCC sent me the first NL in March 2009, because of the bad postal service I got the 1st NL as well as DS 230 and DSP 122 forms in Fe b 2010. Then I fill it and send back to KCC in Feb 2010. My number is lower and the current of my case number is supposed to be in June or July 2009. But I send the form very late, which is in Feburary 2010. I have a huge fear of loosing my DV lottery chance. My question is here below: Will the KCC send me the 2nd notification letter after 8 weeks? Or will I be disqualified or declined because of my delay or because the current of my case number is already over ?. . Please give me your consultation. I am worrying a lot.

Best Regard,
Barya Yesus

Hi tzimo,

1. On the I-485 form Part 2.
you should check h. and write bottom of it
Diversity Visa (DV) 2010 Selectee
2. Both you and your husband may be asked for
an affidavit of support (I-134) it depends on your
financial situation and weather you have jobs...

Hi capeolive, how sure are you...or anyone else in this forum, that form I-485 the principal applicant should check h instead of a?

You won't be disqualified for the delay. It takes about 4 weeks for KCC can process your case. The later you sent your papers back the less chances you have to make it on time if your case# is high. I haven't checked your case# but you stated it is low, so you should be fine.:)