• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Do I need to include my High School diploma even though I am sending my B.S. diploma with my I-485 application? Isn't the B.S. degree enough?
I included only the highest degrees in the package, never bothered with the high school papers. It worked for me. So you do not need to, but you can if you want, it won't hurt.

I included only the highest degrees in the package, never bothered with the high school papers. It worked for me. So you do not need to, but you can if you want, it won't hurt.

Thanks masematn. I thought that it was not needed to include my high school diploma but wanted to double check.

Thanks again

Ok, so there is some development with our case at last, we were really going crazy.

I received my Travel Document 3 weeks ago which meant my case was not stuck anymore somewhere in Missouri and should be arriving or had already arrived at the local office, So we expected to get an interview letter right away but it didn't happen. Then we contacted the Congressman's office for help and even though they were very nice all they did was sent a letter to USCIS and said they have to reply back in 45 days?!!? Yeah right, like we have 45 days.

Yesterday we went for another InfoPAss, desperate to get some news, to find out where is my case and if we will be getting an interview anytime soon. And I have to tell you that all 4 times we went for InfoPAss the people here in New York were extremely helpful and very understanding. The person that we talked to every time remembered us and went to find our IO, but she was out for lunch so we had to wait for an hour. Once she was back she gave us an interview appointment on the spot for Aug 26 which was absolutely amazing. :) We never met her but I'm sure she is very very nice. Now we'll be able to relax a bit after 6 months of worrying. Of course it's not over yet but at this point I feel quite positive and can't wait for this Saga to end.

And again I want to thank everyone that ever posted here, we would not be able to file any kind of application without this forum.
And an advice to everyone that will be applying in the future - go to the Consulate in your country if you can otherwise be prepared for lots of stress and sleepless nights. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing, if you decided to go for AOS, send any and all documents you can think of.
For example, send both Affidavits of Support I-134 and I-864 even though the second one is not required. Not only me but a lot of other cases were delayed or had a problem because of that. Especially if you have a high number, there is really no point to risk it.

Received Interview letter

Finally, I got the interview letter today for August 25th.
We got one letter with both my name and my wife's name. It states the address of the local, the date and time, the officer's name to ask for, the reason for appointment(Initial interview for I-485 application related to your diversity visa) and what to bring with us (identification and passport).

Is this what everyone gets? Please share.
I read in other cases that sometimes the husband and wife get 2 different letters with different times. I am just curious.

Interview and my 5 year-old son

Hello everybody,
I too got an interview letter for August 25 at 8am and of course we are awaiting anxiously. I have a rather different question regarding my interview. I have a 5 year-old son and it seems that it would be extremely difficult to find anybody who can take care of him in the early morning. I am seriously considering taking him with us there. He is generally well behaved person. If anybody had any experience with a child in the interview please advice.
Thank you all.

Here is my progress so far:
I needed to get J1 visa waiver first so I had to apply really late for AOS.
June 12 AOS was sent
June 26 Receipt notice was received
June 29 Biometric appoinment arrived
July 23 biometric done
July 29 EAD mailed
August 25th Interview

I forgot to mention

Imados, I forgot to mention that we got two interview letters, one for my wife and one for me for the same day and exact time. In the attached letter they only request proof of ID, passport and such things but that letter is the one everybody everybody gets. I think we should get whatever supporting document we can think of.
Good luck to everybody in their endeavor.

Finally, I got the interview letter today for August 25th.
We got one letter with both my name and my wife's name. It states the address of the local, the date and time, the officer's name to ask for, the reason for appointment(Initial interview for I-485 application related to your diversity visa) and what to bring with us (identification and passport).

Is this what everyone gets? Please share.
I read in other cases that sometimes the husband and wife get 2 different letters with different times. I am just curious.

We got 2 different letters with different documents for each of us which I find quite weird but I don't think it matters, we will be there together with the same documents anyway. It's the basic stuff - diplomas, affidavits, copy of receipt and DV winner letter, proof of legal status in the US etc. We already sent all this and have it prepared.

One of the documents required is not quite clear actually, it says -
'Furnish proof of eligibility for Section 245(i)(properly filed and accepted I-130/I-140 or labor certification on or before April 30, 2001 and proof of physical presence in the United States on December 21, 2000)'
Never heard of it before, if anyone has any idea please enlighten.

I have a 5 year-old son and it seems that it would be extremely difficult to find anybody who can take care of him in the early morning. I am seriously considering taking him with us there. He is generally well behaved person. If anybody had any experience with a child in the interview please advice.
Not a problem at all. Most likely you'll see a few little kids in the waiting area, so you are not the only one. I had an interview letter for my oldest daughter, but the two other kids (who were born here) came with me. Also it is possible that the officer will call only you, and your wife will stay in the hall with the child. Good luck!

i2009,

I suggest that you send a copy of your high school diploma and have the original with you at the interview. I also have two other higher education diplomas, but the IO asked me first for the high school diploma.

gregorry,

I'm glad you're moving forward. Good Luck at the interview!

Imados, I forgot to mention that we got two interview letters, one for my wife and one for me for the same day and exact time. In the attached letter they only request proof of ID, passport and such things but that letter is the one everybody everybody gets. I think we should get whatever supporting document we can think of.
Good luck to everybody in their endeavor.

Well, we got a plain white paper with both our names and address and interview information and officer's name. I was thinking more like the green paper similar to the one for biometrics appointment. Anyway, I am glad I got one!!

I do have another question for people who already passed their interview.
Did the officer ask for High school diploma specifically?
I read in other forums that the officer like to see the high school diploma more than the bachelors degree. I do have about 5 years of work experience in the US as a developer.
I see that it was the case for ItsoFototo.
Guys who already did interview...can you please share your experience?

Thanks!!

i2009,

I suggest that you send a copy of your high school diploma and have the original with you at the interview. I also have two other higher education diplomas, but the IO asked me first for the high school diploma.

gregorry,

I'm glad you're moving forward. Good Luck at the interview!

ItsoFototo,

Did you send your HS diploma along with your application when you applied?
Was it missing, is this why the officer asked you?
I am a little worried because I can't find mine and the interview is in a week!!!

Thanks.

Someone please advise/comment about following questions:

1) We forgot to keep a copy of the Interview Notice letter. Will we require this in case we did Infopass?

2) At the interview IO took out I94s from our passports, what does this indicate? IS IT HOPEFUL?

3) It has been more than 25 days and we have not heard/received any letter from USCIS. We keep asking this question: WHAT IF WE DID INFOPASS WILL USCIS ME ANNOYED? IO took our work & cell phone numbers, do IOs contact applicants on phone? We thought they only contacted via Mail only?

From today August 17, 2009 there are 44 days left for DV2009 to be over. We are anxious as to what will happen to us!

Please someone advise us.

All the Best to Everyone for a Timely Receipt of Welcome Letter & GC!

Successful Interview

We got our interview scheduled for today. We ( Me and my wife) reached there at time. They did not ask any questions and just verified the information on i-485. They didn't ask for i-134 and nothing. When we reached there the IO already had confirmed that the visas are still available and he had some printouts . He was really nice. Then he asked if we were out of status or not. We said no and he said we are good to go and finally he stamped the temporary stamp in our passport saying that the cards will be mailed within 3 to 4 weeks.

Thats it.

I would like to thank ( and help If I can ) to this list. Thank you all for the hot discussions which were really helpful.

kathmandunp

Someone please advise/comment about following questions:

1) We forgot to keep a copy of the Interview Notice letter. Will we require this in case we did Infopass?

You can do as many Infopasses as you want. As long as you're getting something out of each one.
You have to stay on top of your case and follow up, so go and ask as of what's going on. Contact congressman.
As far as the letter, I am sure they can look you up in the system once you explain your issue.
Good luck!

We got our interview scheduled for today. We ( Me and my wife) reached there at time. They did not ask any questions and just verified the information on i-485. They didn't ask for i-134 and nothing. When we ....

kathmandunp

Congrats!!!
Wow, your case was really fast.

We got our interview scheduled for today. We ( Me and my wife) reached there at time. They did not ask any questions and just verified the information on i-485. They didn't ask for i-134 and nothing. When we reached there the IO already had confirmed that the visas are still available and he had some printouts . He was really nice. Then he asked if we were out of status or not. We said no and he said we are good to go and finally he stamped the temporary stamp in our passport saying that the cards will be mailed within 3 to 4 weeks.

Thats it.

I would like to thank ( and help If I can ) to this list. Thank you all for the hot discussions which were really helpful.

kathmandunp

Wow, congratulations kathmandunp, this is the fastest processing ever :)

Green Card received

This is the end!!! I finally received my green card. I waited exactly 2 weeks after the interview date and that was not bad. :) Now "Welcome to America" !!! no more headache of maitaining F1 status or OPT or H1 or being afraid of getting out of status ...

Thanks a lot to all who helped in this forum and Good luck to all those who are still waiting for their GC.