• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Welcome Letter

I got my welcome letter yesterday.....the end is drawing near....Thanks again and good luck to all in this Forum

My husband also has his original I-94 for when he changed from F1 to H1 status, so it's almost like ur case. We called USCIS and it takes about 3 months to get a replacement, so we were just contemplating whether to just go with what we have or replace. Thanks for your input, though!

Hey Daima

when do you think your number current? .........my sister has close to your number she chose to do AOS. any idea ?

bhshvKTMpk,

You should be ok. They didn't ask you for I-134, probably because you have an income higher than the poverty line. I'm wondering, if you have an approved Asylum case, how come you haven't gotten your GC yet? Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? Good Luck!

Congratulations ItsoFototo.

I will have my interview after tomorrow. You said that she asked you for the birth certificate. Didn't you send it along your AOS package? They must have it, why did she ask you for it?

I sent my birth certificate long time ago with the AOS application. I dont have one now. Do you think that they will ask me for a recent one?

Rabie

ItsoFototo,
Thanks for the positive hope in your wishes! We are from Nepal. As Asylum was approved in April 2008 we have to wait 1year after approval for AOS through Asylum. As we won DV we thought of filing this at in 2008. That is the reason. Also, our Employment Based AOS was rejected in March2009 for "lack of employer's ability to pay.."

ItsoFototo: you are very encouraging. Were are you from?

Only about 60+ days remain for Dv2009 winners. So PLEASE ALL THINK POSITIVELY and WE ALL WILL HAVE GOOD NEWS ASAP.

Regards and Best wishes to everyone for their AOS approval & GC.

I sent my birth certificate long time ago with the AOS application. I dont have one now.
Big mistake! USCIS is not responsible for anything you send them. That's why they ask NOT to send any originals, only copies. Originals are to be kept with you and brought to the interview.

rabie80,

You should have sent them a copy of your birth certificate. They ask just to show them the original, with certified translation, at the interview. If you sent the original with your AOS package, let's hope they didn't lose it. Good Luck at the interview!

Interview completed

hello guys,

i had my interview on Monday.it was in Hartford, CT scheduled for 8. We reached there at 7:30. They took the interview letter and we waited for almost an hour. At 8:20, a lady came in calling mine as well as my wife's name. Then she walked us to her room. Before even sitting down, she asked us to raise our right hands (i rose my left hand first because of nervousness) and swore us.

Then she opened our file, mine first, me being the DV winner. Then she asked for our passports, social security numbers and OPT cards. (She was very very young african-american lady but still seemed so knowledgeable about the whole thing). She took i-94s out of our passports and said that they will keep them. Then she verified our address. I had given my friend's address since we were graduating last year, hunting for new jobs and moving around.. etc. She asked me if we still live there and i said 'yes'. Then she asked most of the "were u involved in crime, ......" questions from i-485. and after that she stamped something at the end of our 485 and asked me to sign on top of it. Then she asked who was my sponsor. I said my 'uncle'. That was the only thing that she asked about the financials. We had our own incomes above the poverty line and had supplied our offer letter along with the application. We had also submitted an i-134 for both of us.

Then she opened my wife's file and went through the exact same thing. Then she asked for our degree certificate. I handed over our transcripts. (She took the originals for some reason, well i dont care)

She never asked for the DV fee receipt.

Then she asked when we got married. She asked for our 2008 tax transcript. Then she asked if I had anything that serves as a 'bonafide of our marriage' or something like that. I said we have a car insurance card back in the car. She didnot get happy with that. Then I said I have a rental agreement for our apartment.

Now came the tough part. The rental agreement had our 'real' adress (but I had said we were still lilving in our friend's house. That was so stupid of me). Then we talked for a couple of minutes about that discrepancy. I know we didnt perform well on that one and got very nervous. I should have told her the truth. There's lesson to be learnt here, folks!!!!!

Then she suddenly said something like, "ok, we'll have a background check, and also we'll look for visa numbers from (dept of state or sth, i forgot)...if eth is good, u'll receive your cards in 3-4 weeks...if not, we'll request you for further info"

i said "didnt we complete our FBI background check with the biometrics.
she said "USCIS has its own background check"

Then i asked "i thought you would stamp our passports". she said "we dont do it anymore"..

Thats it...the lady never smiled...i was so nervous to say anything there...we had thought we'd be decided that day...we returned with puzzled faces...

i had read in this forum where somebody had a similar situation and went back home to find out that his status got changed to CPO...but not in my case...

and last night...................i got an email from CRIS..........."Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident."...this is the first time my status changed online...and what a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope i am getting to the end of the journey now...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats MrnepalDV2009. and Thanks for sharing.

We have our biometrics on Aug 10 and waiting for the interview letter. :)

----
Case: AS31985

Kathmandunp

If applicants receive 'Welcome Letter' but have not received physically received the plastic GreenCard by 9/30/09 will that be OK?

After our interview on 7/23/09 the IO gave us a letter Continued Processing...decision in 30 days.
IO took out the i94 from passports. Did not take ones issued from hvisa/asylum.
Asked basic questions from AOS application.

At the end of interview We asked him if we are approved. However IO said in 30 days we will know. Took down our cell phone numbers. DO THEY REALLY CALL ON PHONE or WILL THEY COMMUNICATE via MAIL?

After the interview gave us a letter stating "Continued Processing"... "Adjudicative Review".... "decision in 30 days... we do not need anything from you at this time..."

ONE THING IS VERY CLEAR THERE IS NO GOVT HELP FOR AOS APPLICANTS FOR DV CATEGORY. Therefore, this forum is the GREATEST HELP!!!!!

We feel miserable, without knowing any answers. WISHING FOR THE BEST, that's all one can do.

OUR BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM.

2009 winner

I'm a 2009 winner AS200924xxx. I applied in June 1 with the help of lawyer so I'm just joining here to help people and ask question.

June, 1 Number current
June, 5 Package received by USCIS
June, 17 Request for more evidence
July, 1 Biometric
July, 17 Approved travel document and work authorization
July, 23 Received EAC
Now waiting for interview letter

Do not worry

If you get the welcome letter, then that means you are approved, you do not have top worry about the Sep 30 deadline

Interview experience

Finally I had my interview today. It was scheduled on July, 30 at 10:00 am in Atlanta, GA. I arrived at about 9:30. After checking in, i waited for about 10 minutes then the officer called me. I followed her to her office. She pulled my folder and asked me for my passport, driver's lisence and EAD. I put them on her desk but she did not even look at them !!! She did not ask for any original documents. I prepared everything thing for the interview but she did not ask for anything!!! She was just going over the whole application and review every point. She asked me some questions, mainly from the I-485 form, and that was it. She kept my I-94 and the interview letter and then she said: Everything seems to be OK.. you can leave now :eek:.. The whole interview lasted only 10 minutes. She told me that I will receive my card within 4 to 5 weeks. :)

When I arrived home, I saw my status changed to 'Card production ordered'.

Good luck for you all who are going to have their interviews.

Finally I had my interview today. It was scheduled on July, 30 at 10:00 am in Atlanta, GA. I arrived at about 9:30. After checking in, i waited for about 10 minutes then the officer called me. I followed her to her office. She pulled my folder and asked me for my passport, driver's lisence and EAD. I put them on her desk but she did not even looked at them !!! She did not ask for any original documents. I prepared everything thing for the interview but she did not ask for anything!!! She was just going over the whole application and review every point. She asked me some questions, mainly from the I-485 form, and that was it. She kept my I-94 and the interview letter and then she said: Everything seems to be OK.. you can leave now :eek:.. The whole interview lasted only 10 minutes. She told me that I will receive my card within 4 to 5 weeks. :)

When I arrived home, I saw my status changed to 'Card production ordered'.

Good luck for you all who are going to have their interviews.

Congradulations, rabie80. Hope I get my interview letter soon coz the wait is driving me insane. I'm still under three months processing time so am not panicking quite yet.

Congradulations, rabie80. Hope I get my interview letter soon coz the wait is driving me insane. I'm still under three months processing time so am not panicking quite yet.

Thank you nlhanhla. I am sure you will receive your interview letter within the next few days since your biometrics were completed 5 weeks ago. Do not worry, once you receive your interview letter, you are 100% resident and everything will be over :):)

Good luck

I'm a 2009 winner AS200924xxx. I applied in June 1 with the help of lawyer so I'm just joining here to help people and ask question.

heshams76 -

Please let me know when you get your interview letter. I applied In June and I did get it yet. I am planning on doing an infopass next Friday if I don't hear anyting by then.

Also - you have some request for evidence on June 17th, what was that about?

hello guys,

i had my interview on Monday.it was in Hartford, CT scheduled for 8. We reached there at 7:30. They took the interview letter and we waited for almost an hour. At 8:20, a lady came in calling mine as well as my wife's name. Then she walked us to her room. Before even sitting down, she asked us to raise our right hands (i rose my left hand first because of nervousness) and swore us.

Then she opened our file, mine first, me being the DV winner. Then she asked for our passports, social security numbers and OPT cards. (She was very very young african-american lady but still seemed so knowledgeable about the whole thing). She took i-94s out of our passports and said that they will keep them. Then she verified our address. I had given my friend's address since we were graduating last year, hunting for new jobs and moving around.. etc. She asked me if we still live there and i said 'yes'. Then she asked most of the "were u involved in crime, ......" questions from i-485. and after that she stamped something at the end of our 485 and asked me to sign on top of it. Then she asked who was my sponsor. I said my 'uncle'. That was the only thing that she asked about the financials. We had our own incomes above the poverty line and had supplied our offer letter along with the application. We had also submitted an i-134 for both of us.

Then she opened my wife's file and went through the exact same thing. Then she asked for our degree certificate. I handed over our transcripts. (She took the originals for some reason, well i dont care)

She never asked for the DV fee receipt.

Then she asked when we got married. She asked for our 2008 tax transcript. Then she asked if I had anything that serves as a 'bonafide of our marriage' or something like that. I said we have a car insurance card back in the car. She didnot get happy with that. Then I said I have a rental agreement for our apartment.

Now came the tough part. The rental agreement had our 'real' adress (but I had said we were still lilving in our friend's house. That was so stupid of me). Then we talked for a couple of minutes about that discrepancy. I know we didnt perform well on that one and got very nervous. I should have told her the truth. There's lesson to be learnt here, folks!!!!!

Then she suddenly said something like, "ok, we'll have a background check, and also we'll look for visa numbers from (dept of state or sth, i forgot)...if eth is good, u'll receive your cards in 3-4 weeks...if not, we'll request you for further info"

i said "didnt we complete our FBI background check with the biometrics.
she said "USCIS has its own background check"

Then i asked "i thought you would stamp our passports". she said "we dont do it anymore"..

Thats it...the lady never smiled...i was so nervous to say anything there...we had thought we'd be decided that day...we returned with puzzled faces...

i had read in this forum where somebody had a similar situation and went back home to find out that his status got changed to CPO...but not in my case...

and last night...................i got an email from CRIS..........."Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident."...this is the first time my status changed online...and what a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope i am getting to the end of the journey now...........

Hello MrNepal, Congrats... Seems like your journey is over now. I am DV2010 winner and from Nepal too. I am in US and doing my AOS. Just thought it would be helpful if I got more information from you.

Thanks

got my GC :D

Just wanted to thank each and everyone on here for their posts. It helped me so much through my AOS journey, its finally over for me as I got my card in the mail, heck of a journey it was, sleepless nights, extreme nail biting , shivers me timbers :(, ....

Iam just happy about the fact that I dont have to be an F1 student any longer , I can finally finish school and reach my goals without worrying about paying international tuition fees:mad:,work more than 20 hrs a week:cool:, and all of the good stuff :D

Anywho's, just wanted to congratulate all those who have recieved their cards, and all the best to those still in the process, stay focused, keep those fingers crossed and hope for the best !

Thanks again ya'll and god bless.