• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

For the DV2009 winners SEPTEMBER 30, 2009 is the deadline. Based on this I have these two queries:

query1
IF WE ARE INTERVIEWED AND DECISION FOR APPROVAL IS PENDING SAY BECAUSE OF FINGERPRINT/BIOMETRICS RESULTS WILL THAT APPLICATION BE SAFE OR NOT SAFE IF THE SEPTEMBER DEADLINE IS OVER?

query 2
WHAT IF THE INTERVIEW IS APPROVED SUBJECT TO FINGERRINTS/BIOMETRICS RESULTS and the deadline of September is over, will someone be still safe or not?

query3
We have received interview letter however still not received biometrics letter after 60days. We are really worried as to what to do ARE WE SAFE? We had biometrics done in Nov09 for employment based GC application, is that the reason for not receiving the biometrics letter? Can we request IO for biometrics letter at time of interview? PLEASE GUIDE US, thanks.

The answer will be help to many others who could face a similar situation.

Regards
BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE LET US ALL THINK POSITIVE!

bhshvKTMpk,

Did you read what I've posted after you asked the question about biometrics?
I am in the same situation and did not get bimetrics. I called USCIS and they said that they have them but did not explain why ( I have an EB case pending as well).
You can call them or schedule Infopass to inquire about your case.
So the fact that you got interview letter is good and means that your case is being processed. If they needed Biometrics, they would have sent you the notice - as simple as that.
As far as the deadline, case has to be approved and visa has to be issued by Sept 30, 2009. So nothing is safe after that and the doors open for DV 2010.

Imados: Thanks for replying. I did not read your blog about the Biometrics, after you pointed out I read it. I may have skipped it.

PLEASE ALSO CLARIFY: If approval is subject to some condition eg Biometrics and if not approved by Sep 30, 2009, then everything is over? PLEASE CLARIFY, thanks.

Regards

Hi Itsafotofoto

I wanna ask you a few questions..I will be really happy if you can answer them..

1) I received my NL on june 19, 2009. Is it too late if i send the documents to KCC on july 6th or 7th , 2009..I have things to ask to the lawyer that's why..

2 ) As my case number is so close to yours which date did they give you for interview?

3) As i have a US citizen baby do you think i should write her name in 31a , who will accompany you to the US now part?

4 ) As i searched from the previous visa bulletins I found out that my case number will be current in April or May..When do they inform the current numbers ? ( I mean if it will be current in May , will they inform in May or before that ? And in the visa bulletin section I see it like Europe for example the cut off number is 24.xxx. So which list is the one that you find your case number and circle it for USCIS recommended documents? )

5 ) If we see that it will be current in May, can we send the documents before May ? Or should it be a day in may?

I would appreciate your answers..

Different Letter

Hi ItsFototo,

I received my interview letter too. First of all, it is a plain white paper (not like the NOAs) which, from the earlier posts, sounds normal.

But it doesnot even mention bringing the DV fee receipt (it lists the regular passports, ids, NOAs). There is only one letter which addressed both of us (me and my wife) and on the second page they have a line which says "Both must attend" and that line has been highlighted by a highlighter.

It is asking for I-864 instead of I-134. I am surprised because there is no mention of DV throughout the letter. I am from CT and it being a small state, I think they dont know much about DV and are taking this case as a regular AOS.

I am confused!!!

dimos,

According to this year's bulletin, the person with number same as yours became current this month, June. Next year might be different. You may become current earlier. Also, last year, there were some people who applied as late as july and they got through. Although, it's a gamble. If you don't have anything stopping you from doing CP, it might be a better choice. You'll get an interview within a couple weeks from the date your number becomes current. Good luck!

The Interview Notice came in today. It's scheduled for July 22, 8 am. The second page contains a list of documents I have to bring along to the interview: receipt for paid fee of $375 to the Department of State, birth certificate (marriage and divorce certificates, if applicable), police report and court records (if I've ever been arrested), original DV award letter from KCC, High school diploma or prove of work experience, form I-134 Affidavit of Support with supporting documents, and proof of legal status in the U.S.

I wonder if that's a standard list they send to everyone. Guys, those of you who got their Interview Notice, did you get the same list?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi klikya, I'm gonna answer your questions to the best of my knowledge:

1) You can send the forms to KCC whenever you want, well, at least 3-4 months before your number is current. I sent mine around November. Take your time, research and consider carefully which one would be better for you, CP or AOS.

2) I sent my AOS package on April 30. My number was current on May 1. My interview is scheduled for July 22. The time between filing and interview also depends on wher your local office is. The big cities and states with a lot of immigrants tend to take longer. I'm in NYC.

3) I'm not sure about this one.

4) They post the bulletin about 45 days in advance. So let's say in mid March, the advance bulletin will come out with the cut-off number for May.

5)Some people filed around that time and they were fine. However, last year there were many people who got their package returned because they applied too early. Then, they had apply again when their number became current.

Hope this helps.

Hi mrNepalDV2009,

You are right, they probably don't know about DV. gregorry was in the same situation (look for his posts two pages back). You should schedule an InfoPass ASAP and try to talk to a supervisor. It's I-134 that's required for DV applicants. I-864, I think, is for family based AOS and is supposed to be filled out by a relative. Most DV applicants don't have any relatives in the U.S. My Interview Notice has the letters DV handwritten with a sharpie on the top, so it seems like they got it right. Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

Finally, I received the interview letter :) and I was happy because I have been waiting for a long time and I thought my case number is high and I was afraid I woulnd make it.

Filing address

I am gonna send my AOS package using fedex.

Is this the right place to send?

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

Also I guess I need to provide the phone number of USCIS while doing express mail. Does anyone aware of this which phone number should I use or i don't need to provide phone number.

Thanks
Kathmandunp

query1
IF WE ARE INTERVIEWED AND DECISION FOR APPROVAL IS PENDING SAY BECAUSE OF FINGERPRINT/BIOMETRICS RESULTS WILL THAT APPLICATION BE SAFE OR NOT SAFE IF THE SEPTEMBER DEADLINE IS OVER?
If you are not approved before 9/30, the case is lost. It doesn't matter why the decision is pending, it's either yes or no. The plastic, I guess, is not so important, you may receive it in October, but the approval (in your DAO's office) must be done before 9/30.[/QUOTE]

WHAT IF THE INTERVIEW IS APPROVED SUBJECT TO FINGERRINTS/BIOMETRICS RESULTS and the deadline of September is over, will someone be still safe or not?
Again, if the officer checked the DV visa availability and approved your case, nothing else matters, be it biometrics or anything else.

I am gonna send my AOS package using fedex.

Is this the right place to send?

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

Also I guess I need to provide the phone number of USCIS while doing express mail. Does anyone aware of this which phone number should I use or i don't need to provide phone number.

Thanks
Kathmandunp
The address is in the instruction pages of the I-485 form. It says:

For private curriers (non-USPS)(which includes FedEx):

USCIS
Attn: FBASI
427 S. LaSalle - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1029

That's the correct address, unless they've changed it in the pass two months. And you don't need to include phone number.

memo??

Ya,
I will do infopass. And apart from 864, it asks for weird things like NSEERS registration, I-693 (which i already submitted).

Where can I find the memo (or any other document) that shows DV cases should file i-134 and not 864??

Hi mrNepalDV2009,

You are right, they probably don't know about DV. gregorry was in the same situation (look for his posts two pages back). You should schedule an InfoPass ASAP and try to talk to a supervisor. It's I-134 that's required for DV applicants. I-864, I think, is for family based AOS and is supposed to be filled out by a relative. Most DV applicants don't have any relatives in the U.S. My Interview Notice has the letters DV handwritten with a sharpie on the top, so it seems like they got it right. Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi Guys,

My number is 2009AF00059XXX. My concern is that the number becomes current in August according to the visa bullentin. Upon review of the forum, I cant make up my mind whether to send the I485 to chicago lockbox early or just to wait, because thats such a small window. I have seen the 90 day in advance submission however I have not seen a success story of early submission. Does anyone know whether there is any success in early submission? Your words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

I advise you to send I485 now. Even your case number will be current in August, they still need time to process your application, send you the biometrics letter after couple of weeks, and all that will take at least a month. If you send I485 now, by the time you are done with the biometrics your case number will be current.

I submitted my I485 very early, several months before my CN is current (July 2009) and I already received my interview letter (July 1st) the first day. I see many members in this forum that have a case number that was current June or even May, They still did not receive the interview letter. My CN is 47XXX (high) but I received the interview letter

Good luck

Hi Its Fototo

Thank you so much for your reply..I really appreciate it..Well I also think that my case number will be current like May..The only thing I am worrying is that as we live in Texas , i heard that USCIS offices have lots of files here..I have a friend whose process time was 2 months and also another one whose process time is 4 months..And another one who couldn't have an interview time with the case number 28.xxx

So % 80 i know that everything will be ok with AOS..% 20 will worry me alot during that time and it will be too stresfull..So I think we will do CP then with CP I can have an interview time like at the end of May or June..I know it will be more expensive but i try to think like i will have a chance to see my family there..

Hi Guys,

Finally our long journey almost finished.
Our Green Cards came today except our little daughter.

Thank you so much for your helps guys again.

June 25, 2008 : 2nd Letter KCC
December 5, 2008 : Medical Exam
December 8, 2008 : $375*4 fee to DOS
December 20, 2008 : DOS Receipt
January 16, 2009 : AOS package to Chicago
January 28 , 2009 : Checks cashed
February 2 , 2009 : NOA
February 7, 2009 : Biometrics letter received
February 18,2009 : Biometrics Done
March 26,2009 : Interview letter received for May 6
May 6,2009 : Interview completed.
June 15,2009 : Card production ordered.Except our little daugter.
June 17,2009 : Welcome notice arrived except our little daughter.
June 18,2009 : Biometrics appointment for our little one again.
June 19,2009 : Biometrics done for our little daughter.
June 19,2009 : Finally card production ordered for our little daughter.
July 4,2009: Our Green Cards arrived except our little daughter. :)

Ok, so I recently used my brand new GC to reenter the U.S. and I must say it was wonderful. Like a walk in the park. The entire process took less than a minute. :D:D:D

Anyway, I do have one question for those of you that have already tried this; I noticed that the admission stamp says something like "APL" or "ARL" (can't quite tell). Anyone know what that is???

And YES, I already tried to google it. :)

Hi everyone! I'm new to forum, so I'm gonna spamm couple topics with my question :)
I just got an NL, CN: 2010EU0027XXX - I already know that the number is damn high!!!
just wanted to know if someone made it to the interview with number like this...

Thank you a lot! regards!

I dont think your number is exteremly high. According to DV2009, your number for Europe was current in June. My number is current in july and I already received my interview letter. One thing is that I advise you to send your AOS about 6 weeks before your case number is current

Congrats Samsuner!!!
For me also , i received the GC yesterday. FInally the journey is over...it feels really good.
Good luck to everyone in the process

Hi,

I am from Nepal and recently received my NL(00027XXX). I am currently in the US on H1-B and i'm planning for to apply for AoS. With the current market situation, my current work assignment may not get extended beyond 2009 December. As far as I know, I will be out of my current status (H1 B)once my assignment ends. And if I apply for AoS, I need to be in the US until my case number is current (which i believe will be around march 2010) and until my interview date.

Does applying for AoS prevent me from being out of status?

Can anyone advice me on what should i do?

Hi,

I am from Nepal and recently received my NL(00027XXX). I am currently in the US on H1-B and i'm planning for to apply for AoS. With the current market situation, my current work assignment may not get extended beyond 2009 December. As far as I know, I will be out of my current status (H1 B)once my assignment ends. And if I apply for AoS, I need to be in the US until my case number is current (which i believe will be around march 2010) and until my interview date.

Does applying for AoS prevent me from being out of status?

Can anyone advice me on what should i do?

Here is what I think.

As soon as you apply for AOS, you will be in a legal status as an "AOS adjustee" and you dont have to worry about you H1 expiration.

If you want to continue working without an H1 Visa, you have the right to get an EAD (Employment Authorization Document) because you are an AOS adjustee. You should send with your AOS application form I-765 and you will get your EAD within 2 or 3 months. For now, you cannot apply for AOS before October 1, 2009. Wait until that date and send both I-485 and I-765.