• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Biometrics

Hello everybody,
Answers to any questions can be found here, that's certain. I have been reading forum pages and finally I got tired and decided to ask here. I am sorry if it is not worth to answer.
I got the biometrics appointment let for July 22 11AM and I was wondering even though it is clearly stated that we should be there at the given appointment date whether we need to get infopass anyway. I know, I know it is written on the letter but since I started working on GC I learned that everything has to be in order they want. Thank you very much and good luck to all of us.

Hello everybody,
Answers to any questions can be found here, that's certain. I have been reading forum pages and finally I got tired and decided to ask here. I am sorry if it is not worth to answer.
I got the biometrics appointment let for July 22 11AM and I was wondering even though it is clearly stated that we should be there at the given appointment date whether we need to get infopass anyway. I know, I know it is written on the letter but since I started working on GC I learned that everything has to be in order they want. Thank you very much and good luck to all of us.

No need for infopass -You have an appointement!!

Also, please post your signature.

To those who also have EB cases pending. Do you notice someone accessing your EB cases more than usual? When I applied for AOS under the diversity visa, the dates on my EB case had not changed since July 2008. Now, for the last week, the dates have changed daily. Could they be comparing the EB case to the Diversity?

Hi everyone! I'm new to forum, so I'm gonna spamm couple topics with my question :)
I just got an NL, CN: 2010EU0027XXX - I already know that the number is damn high!!!
just wanted to know if someone made it to the interview with number like this...

Thank you a lot! regards!

To those who also have EB cases pending. Do you notice someone accessing your EB cases more than usual? When I applied for AOS under the diversity visa, the dates on my EB case had not changed since July 2008. Now, for the last week, the dates have changed daily. Could they be comparing the EB case to the Diversity?

I haven't noticed any changes in dates. From what I understand, the 2 cases are seperate, so the EB case could be following its normal course but with USCIS, you don't know....
I didn't get my biometrics notice so I got worried and I called them (see in your case, you did biometrics), the IO said that we have your biometrics registred and there is nothing to worry about so I'm sure they've used the ones from the EB case.

Congressman's help

Guys who have taken help from congrssman, I need your help.

I talked to a person from the local congressman's office who handles the immigration issues. She told me that congressman's office can only ask the what is the status of my case. They cannot help exepedite the case. So whoever took help from congressman, did the congressman's office sent letter to uscis asking case status or requested to exepedite your case.

Any help is appreciated.

Jamal

dimos,

According to this year's bulletin, the person with number same as yours became current this month, June. Next year might be different. You may become current earlier. Also, last year, there were some people who applied as late as july and they got through. Although, it's a gamble. If you don't have anything stopping you from doing CP, it might be a better choice. You'll get an interview within a couple weeks from the date your number becomes current. Good luck!

The Interview Notice came in today. It's scheduled for July 22, 8 am. The second page contains a list of documents I have to bring along to the interview: receipt for paid fee of $375 to the Department of State, birth certificate (marriage and divorce certificates, if applicable), police report and court records (if I've ever been arrested), original DV award letter from KCC, High school diploma or prove of work experience, form I-134 Affidavit of Support with supporting documents, and proof of legal status in the U.S.

I wonder if that's a standard list they send to everyone. Guys, those of you who got their Interview Notice, did you get the same list?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
dimos,

The Interview Notice came in today. It's scheduled for July 22, 8 am. The second page contains a list of documents.....

I wonder if that's a standard list they send to everyone. Guys, those of you who got their Interview Notice, did you get the same list?

Thanks

ItsoFototo,

Great news! I got the exact same list.

Jarev

Hi itsofototo..

My case number is close to your number..it is 20.xxx. I am a dv2010 winner. I couldn't decide to do with AOS or CP. As i seardched from the previous visa bulletin my case number will be current in April or May..How long does the process take generally? is the time limit okey for your casenumber ? Or is it unnecessary to take the risk and do it with cp? And one more question if we do cp what should we apy extra to the consulate apart from the 375 dolar cost for each person? As I am also applying for my husband we will pay also for the plane tickets ..

Hi klikya,

Congratulations! AOS takes about 3.5 months from the time you file to the interview. In the last few months, it tends to go faster. Mine took less than three months. Some people applied earlier, when the advanced bulletin came out with their number, and they were fine. I decided to be on the safe side and applied when my number became current. Some cases get stuck and take much longer. You have to be very careful and make sure you follow all the steps and submit all documents. Read this and last year's forums to learn about all the details of the process.

CP is faster. You'll get an interview within a couple weeks after your number becomes current. Traveling takes time and costs money, but if your case is immaculate, it might be a better choice. When you send the DSP-122 and DS-230 form back to KCC, you have to state wether you want to do CP or AOS. Beyond that part of the process, I'm not sure what the procedure and required documents are for CP. You have to look for that info at another forum as this one is for AOS. Good luck!

Thank you itsafototo..

I searched about my situation..In the previous years my case number became current in April, May or June. If we think that it may be current in June than I won't have enough time to do the process. I also think that there are lots of procedures to follow before the interview.I prefer to chose CP in my case. Because then i think i will have a big chance to get an interview maximum July Or August. The only thing I worried is that I am planning to go to my country to get my H4 stamp in November..Do you think starting the dv lottery process will affect my h4 stamp process? And I read things like if they deny my green card visa then I will lose my h4 too? I asked the lawyer and she said they are different things and because h4 is a dual intent visa it wont be affected incase of a greencard denial..This is the thing I am worrying about..I am so confused..

We went for an InfoPass today to check if the Missouri office has received the I-864 and what is happening with our cases in general.

The officers were very very helpful. First we spoke to a lady on the 3rd Floor the InfoPass Windows area and she told us that my wife's case has been here in the local office for a few weeks now and gave her a form to fill in with which she can request to check on her case. As for my case she said that the officer in Missouri received the Initial Evidence (I-864) and the case is being processed. Also she said she will e-mail the Missouri office telling them that I have requested to check the status of my case. Then she sent us to the 8th Floor with the form my wife filled in to talk to an officer so that she can check on her case. We went there and spoke to another officer who checked on our cases again. Then went to look for the officer who takes care of my wife's case to find out what is happening. He came after a few minutes and said that the officer is going to request my case from Missouri and once it arrives they will schedule us for an interview. :)

I will go for another InfoPass at the end of next week to make sure they have sent the case here. There is still no guarantee the Missouri office will process it fast, and send it. And if there is no development in the next 2 weeks contact the Senator/Congressman office.

I was wondering if the reason for my case getting stuck is the fact that I applied for the Travel Document. Since my wife received hers a few weeks ago and they sent her case right away while I still do not have my Permit to Travel and my case is in Missouri. Maybe if I didn't apply for it they would have sent the case directly here, they wouldn't look into it too much. I think if this is cleared out it may be helpful to people that will be applying in the future and are in a hurry.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,

A quick question.

In part I of i-485 there is one field "Current USCIS Status" and Expiry date.

I am under F1 OPT. So what would be my expiry date? Is it the date that is mentioned in my OPT card? My OPT is expiring in July 20 and applied for an extension with new I-20 which has new date. Can I use the new date written in my new i-20?

Kathmandunp

Great news ItsoFototo,

Congratulations for the interview appointment, that was quite fast.
Plenty of time for receiving the Card.

By the way in case there are any issues because of the delays there is a memo at the USCIS website from May 29, called Permanent Resident Card Production Delays. Check it out.:)

Good luck.

For the DV2009 winners SEPTEMBER 30, 2009 is the deadline. Based on this I have these two queries:

query1
IF WE ARE INTERVIEWED AND DECISION FOR APPROVAL IS PENDING SAY BECAUSE OF FINGERPRINT/BIOMETRICS RESULTS WILL THAT APPLICATION BE SAFE OR NOT SAFE IF THE SEPTEMBER DEADLINE IS OVER?

query 2
WHAT IF THE INTERVIEW IS APPROVED SUBJECT TO FINGERRINTS/BIOMETRICS RESULTS and the deadline of September is over, will someone be still safe or not?

query3
We have received interview letter however still not received biometrics letter after 60days. We are really worried as to what to do ARE WE SAFE? We had biometrics done in Nov09 for employment based GC application, is that the reason for not receiving the biometrics letter? Can we request IO for biometrics letter at time of interview? PLEASE GUIDE US, thanks.

The answer will be help to many others who could face a similar situation.

Regards
BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE LET US ALL THINK POSITIVE!