• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

We didn't have a Affidavit of Support nor a Letter of Employment so I'm not sure of the exact rule they follow.

What ???? That does not sound right. Even on the I-485 Instructions say that you should provided Affidavit of Support "OR" Letter of Employment Perhaps that was for people receiving salaries close to the Poverty level, such us TAs and RAs, or big families.....jut my thought

Affidavit support is only needed for those who are below the poverty line.
If your job is paying you very well, you are fine, because simply your job letter is your affidavit support.

I think it's worth noting that both DoS and USCIS Manuals say that affidavit of support will be required at the adjudicator's discretion - or as the put it "in the officer's opinion." So it's kind of a game of chance. Whether they request it or not depends on the adjudicator's "opinion" of the applicant's personal circumstances.

I think it's worth noting that both DoS and USCIS Manuals say that affidavit of support will be required at the adjudicator's discretion - or as the put it "in the officer's opinion." So it's kind of a game of chance. Whether they request it or not depends on the adjudicator's "opinion" of the applicant's personal circumstances.

Thats exactly what i was trying to explain here and some people still don't get it. You don't have to have the affidavit of support with ya to the interview but it will sure save ya some headache if the adjudicating officer happens to ask ya for it.

Affidavit support is only needed for those who are below the poverty line.
If your job is paying you very well, you are fine, because simply your job letter is your affidavit support.

You are right but it never happens that way. Poeple that make way above the poverty line have been asked for affidavit of support.
Again, u can do whatever you like. Am just putting the information out there.

I-134 is the one usually asked for when it comes to DV lottery.

I agree with Johnkent this time :)
if you can get i134 just do it and have it with you..it's going to make your life easier in case they start questioning....

Did we get an answer to ALU4E's question?

There's no one to call about Biometrics result. U can make an infopass and ask or you can call the FBI. All FBI can tell ya is that the result has been sent back to USCIS ( Namecheck). Background check you'll have to make an infopass appointment for.

Ok, application delivered on Dec 1st at Chicago LockBox. Signed by " V Bustamante". Anybody else current in December with a signature comfirmation ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it really matter to know who signed for it?:confused:
It's more than enough to know that it was delivered on time, that's it.:)

Hey all,

I was busy this days so didn't keep update with the forum =P Finished interview today. The interviewer told me that he has done the online approval for me so I am PR of US from today. He also stamped my passport and said the stamp is valid for a year. He told me that I should expect the GC will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

So happy the whole process is finally done. Wish you all luck in the application proccess and interviews!

Happy09DVWinner

Hey all,

I was busy this days so didn't keep update with the forum =P Finished interview today. The interviewer told me that he has done the online approval for me so I am PR of US from today. He also stamped my passport and said the stamp is valid for a year. He told me that I should expect the GC will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

So happy the whole process is finally done. Wish you all luck in the application proccess and interviews!

Happy09DVWinner,

Congratulations and thanks for updating us!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all,

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY NOW A HAPPY 09 dv WINNER.....:):D

Hey all,

:D SWEET!!!!!!! :D Congratulations Happy09DVWinner!