• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

The file that they sent to Atlanta must be the forms I was referring to and that you thought you had not sent. I cannot think what else it could be. If KCC sent "your file" to Atlanta and you'll get a receipt from DOS before your interview, then you have nothing to worry about. You have everything in order, take your original docs with you at the interview and all is good.

Barbara

Hi Coldstar,

My wife was the winner and her background checks were clear in abt 3 weeks or less.Mine 6 month window will up on 04/26 as my checks were initiated on 10/26/06.

I am working with Senator office at the moment but they pretty much get you a status check....However,I have mailed a request to expedite my background checks to USCIS Memphis Office Incharge on 03/06/07 with all my doc's and a copy of Expedited Pressrelease published on 02/20/06 at USCIS.GOV

This wait is so frustrating and we can't do much abt.it either.

Jugnu

Last edited by a moderator:
...However,I have mailed a request to expedite my background checks to USCIS Memphis Office Incharge on 03/06/07 with all my doc's and a copy of Expedited Presrelease published on 02/20/06 at USCIS.GOV

My wife was also the winner and when we completed the I485 we ticked "DV winner" under the eligibility for GC on her form and "spouse of applicant" under the eligibility on my form. I am not sure if you did the same?

If so, the sunset provision may not apply to us because we are not DV winners but spouses of DV winners. i.e. our applications don't become invalid after the close date of 30 Sep 07 because our eligibility status is that of spouse of GC and not DV winner.

Personally I hope that this is not the case because I also want to expedite this name check based on the sunset provision.

Hi, everyone.

I am the winner of DV-2007. On 20 Feb, 2007, I have already done the fingerprints in Buffalo, NY. Actually, I am now waiting for the interview notice. After doing the fingerprint, I logged in the case status service online to check my case status. However, I didn't see any updated until now. Therefore, I would like to ask how I can see my case status.

Also, another thing that I want to ask is how long I will receive the interview notice after doing the fingerprints.

I am appreciate if everyone can answer my questions.

PLEASE I WARN YOU DO NOT DEPEND ON CASE STATUS ONLINE TO KNOW WHETHER YOUR INTERVIEW DATE IS SET, I DID THAT AND GUESS WHAT MY LETTER ARRIVED ON THE DAY OF MY INTERVIEW.

I WOULD SAY USE YOUR INSTINCTS IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE WAITED LONG THEN SCHEDULE AN INFOPASS. I WILL BE MEETING WITH AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER TO SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE WITH MY CASE, MY LETTER CAME IN THE MAIL 03/13 BUT WAS POSTMARKED 02/20..?????
SO I MISSED MY INTERVIEW...ITS A TERRIBLE THING CUS NOW I M JUST HOPING I WILL GET RESCHEDULED WITH NO PROBLEMS

My wife was also the winner and when we completed the I485 we ticked "DV winner" under the eligibility for GC on her form and "spouse of applicant" under the eligibility on my form. I am not sure if you did the same?

If so, the sunset provision may not apply to us because we are not DV winners but spouses of DV winners. i.e. our applications don't become invalid after the close date of 30 Sep 07 because our eligibility status is that of spouse of GC and not DV winner.

Personally I hope that this is not the case because I also want to expedite this name check based on the sunset provision.

Hi Coldstar,

I wish it was like that but derivative of DV cases are also subject to September 30th sunset provision.I have read this information on different channels.

You must have read scenario where primary derivative got adjusted for DV via USCIS and beneficiaries are waiting overseas,they dont get visa's if that pass the fiscal year.Derivative visa is also counted against the total available number of 55000 for DV.

Jugnu

Hi blessed123,

Take the first open infopass and get it fixed!!!This happened to folks in the past and they were very considerate abt.it.Infopass would be the only fastest way that I think gonna work for you.

Second option call 1800 and explain them your situation they might let you talk to someone at your local office.Act fast they need to know you missed it not that you didnot appear.

Jugnu

thanks - i scheduled for tomorrow 03/15,'keeping my fingers crossed'

I wish it was like that but derivative of DV cases are also subject to September 30th sunset provision.I have read this information on different channels.

You must have read scenario where primary derivative...

I didn't read it anywhere - it was just an assumption that I made after carefully reading all the fine-print in the sunset provision and the DV processing.

What you have stated (assuming that it is accurate) is pleasant news as it means that we can expedite our NC's.

Blessed123,

When you go to your Infopass take everything with you as if you were going to the interview, just in case the officer in charge of your case happens to be free to see you...you never know.

Best of luck!

Barbara

The file that they sent to Atlanta must be the forms I was referring to and that you thought you had not sent. I cannot think what else it could be. If KCC sent "your file" to Atlanta and you'll get a receipt from DOS before your interview, then you have nothing to worry about. You have everything in order, take your original docs with you at the interview and all is good.

Barbara

Dear Barbara,
I do not "think" that I didn't send anything back to KCC, I'm possitive that I haven't contacted KCC since I got the NL, now I'm so confused!:confused:

EFKK,

Yes, it is a mystery. As you may know by now the forms that came with your NL (DS122 and DS230) are what I was referring to. If KCC said they have everything under control then you shouldn't worry.

:)

Thanks Barabara, I think I will call again tomorrow and make sure of the date that my file was sent, and make sure that they need nothing from me :) I will keep everybody posted.

EFKK
Do not worry, we had our interview yesterday. I did not submitted DS230 to kCC before. After interview the officer asked us to sign on the I-485 form- page 4 right below where previously signed. The reason sometime KCC tells not to submit DS230 if you apply AOS because DS230 is for consulate processing.

Interview, NC pending and a hope!

We had our interview yesterday on March 15. My wife was the winner. She got approval instatntly, we went for biometrics on January 18th and finger prints. He asked name, dob, address, current status and same yes no questions from I485. He told me Name check takes a long time (4-6moths), Once he get Name ckeck results he will adjust the status. I asked him by when I can expect the approval. He told me they maintain a database where DV cases are higlighted. If they do not receive or hear anything from FBI by the end of July then they expedite the process. So he told me not to worry they give the DV Name Check cases priority after July as it ends on September 30th. So we can not do anything but keep praying.

Thank you all.

Hi Everyone,
I've Just Looked All Over My Aos Forms. And I Just Couldn't Find Any Where That Needs A Signature. Some Of You Said That The Officer Had You Signed Something On The Forms. I Can't Find Anywhere To Sign.
Can You Tell Me Where Did You Sign? I'm Gonna Call The Uscis Office And Ask Them About That Signature. I'm Pretty Sure That I Didn't Sign Anywhere At The Interview.
By The Way, I've Sent Both Dsp-122 And Ds-230 To Kcc Just Incase. There's A Place Needs To Be Filled On Ds-230 Page 4, Question #35, And It Says:
Do Not Write Below The Following Line
The Consular Officer Will Assist You In Answering Item 35.
Do Not Sign This Form Until Instructed To Do So By The Consular Officer.
I Haven't Realized Till Now That It Says "consular Officer". I Think Since I'm Doing Aos, Not Cp, This Form Was For People Doing Cp And They Need To Fill This Part With The Consular Officer.
Please Help Me With This Issue So That I Can Figure Out Whether Or Not I Need To Call Uscis Or Make An Infopass.
Thanks So Much To All Of You.

Hi. I had my interview last Friday (2nd). My interview was actually done at my local Application Support Center (instead of local district office which is about 4 hrs away). My very small local ASC office has only one officer who conducts interviews. Needless to say he didn't know anything about DV interviews, he actually admitted he's never interviewed anyone for DV. He started asking me about Affidavit of Supports, and I told him that Affidavit of support is not required for diversity visas (I'm actually on H-1B and I had all the papers to prove my financials). I think he got more confused, and then he decided to phone someone at the district office to be explained what he should be asking :eek: I think he was like at least 5 minutes on the phone. After he hang up, he just said that my case and interview is very easy. He just asked what my job was, and asked to see my NL and he made a copy of it (there was actually one in his file already, but I didn't want to contradict him anymore). He then said that's it, and I will be receiving a letter from my local district office in the mail. :( I did ask him if he doesn't need to stamp my passport, but he said that my H-1B is still valid, so I don't need stamp :eek: :mad: Now I'm just waiting :(
Henry

Hi. Just to update you all on my case. Since I had not received anything for almost 2 weeks, I took an infopass to my local office. I guess my file must have been sitting on a table there when it got back from the ASC where I did my interview. Anyway, the officer stamped my passport for 1 year, and took my I-94 and H-1B stubs. He said I'll be receiving the card in like 15 days. I'm so relieved now, especially since I dont have to depend on my work visa anymore :D :D :D Thank you all from this forum which I found invaluable in the whole DV process.
Henry.

Well done!!

Keep an eye on your online status and take an extra sigh of relief when you get your official Welcome letter from the Service Center and finally the actual CARD!!