• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS-260 Questions

Yaser

Registered Users (C)
I have a question regarding the DS-260 form. I currently do not have an address in the US and I don't know anyone now whom I can use his/her address to receive my GC on it. Does anyone have a similar experience/solution?

Use any address. Even a hotel address. You can change the address right up until the time you enter the country for the first time.

Hi Yaser. I have been selected too! This sounds super exiting.
How did you get the Invoice I.D. number from NVC? In the message is only the case number and not any I.D. number.

I also have a question regarding DS-260:
My relative visited Turkey for 4 months, he came back to Syria a month ago, while in Turkey he applied for Tourism residency and got it because he stayed more than 3 months, should he mention that he lived there for 4 months and list his address in turkey as a place she lived in? Although he was intending to visit Turkey only and the reason he applied for tourism residency not to break turkey law or to be forced to go out and come back

I also have a question regarding DS-260:
My relative visited Turkey for 4 months, he came back to Syria a month ago, while in Turkey he applied for Tourism residency and got it because he stayed more than 3 months, should he mention that he lived there for 4 months and list his address in turkey as a place she lived in? Although he was intending to visit Turkey only and the reason he applied for tourism residency not to break turkey law or to be forced to go out and come back

He should list the addres in Turkey

I would have said he doesn't need to list it, for a 4-month visit. People often visit countries up to 6 months on some visas (US, U.K. for example) but they are not "living" there in the sense of residing, paying rent on a lease, getting bank accounts, owning cars, getting proper employment, or whatever the things you'd associate with "living" somewhere are. I spent 6 months in the US on my gap year but didn't list it separately, just lumped it under "travelling for a year" because that's pretty much what it was even though I was staying with a relative the whole time.

I'm assuming by the description of "tourism residency" it is the kind of visa that you get when you can for example visit visa-free up to 30/60/90/whatever days but need a visa if you want to stay longer than that, usually up to 6 months.

Last edited:
I would have said he doesn't need to list it, for a 4-month visit. People often visit countries up to 6 months on some visas (US, U.K. for example) but they are not "living" there in the sense of residing, paying rent on a lease, getting bank accounts, owning cars, getting proper employment, or whatever the things you'd associate with "living" somewhere are. I spent 6 months in the US on my gap year but didn't list it separately, just lumped it under "travelling for a year" because that's pretty much what it was even though I was staying with a relative the whole time.

Yeah, normally I would say not to list holiday type stays. But - 4 months is a long holiday and he got some sort of "tourism residency" permit. Given the sensitivity with people from that area of the world I would think it would be safer to list it and let the CO decide if it is relevant to avoid some suspicion if the trip was discovered some way.

Yeah, normally I would say not to list holiday type stays. But - 4 months is a long holiday and he got some sort of "tourism residency" permit. Given the sensitivity with people from that area of the world I would think it would be safer to list it and let the CO decide if it is relevant to avoid some suspicion if the trip was discovered some way.

Whereas my thinking would be that listing it would raise suspicions ... Anyway his case his call. I wouldn't list it because as I understand it's clearly tourism no matter what the Turkish semantics are.

My call on this would also be along the line of what Simon recommended. Reasoning is same as Simon's - OP is from a sensitive part of the world - I wouldn't want to give the impression of trying to hide something that may be discoverable through a background check or at the time of the interview during what may seem like a routine chat or by simply by looking at my passport.

And I agree, his case his call.

Just to clarify, my relative opened bank account and placed an apartment address which they rented to be able to get the tourist residency, does that change anything?

Just to clarify, my relative opened bank account and placed an apartment address which they rented to be able to get the tourist residency, does that change anything?

Indeed that sounds more like "residency" than "tourism" so yes in this case I agree to list the address.

If I ask to unlock the DS-260, how fast should I resubmit it again? Will this affect the processing time and interview time?