DORA Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment

hi abbas123,
congrats to you and your wife. It is so nice to hear good new from the forum. Do you know the exact date that your wife is cleared by the FBI? I think i'll give it a week then I'll do INFOPASS again. But I wonder what they will tell me since I don't wait for 90 days from OCT 11. Also, did you get any updates on your online status before today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Abbas123.its just very unfair how this people handle our files without knowing that many life are hanging in there.i ve applied for my SSN and i have to Wait again for another 2weeks until the uscis updates their data becos the social security office said that my name is not yet on the Uscis list.

abba114, its hard to tell when FBI cleared the name coz I though it was cleared the same day as finger prints, the first info passs lady said affirmative on that and said GC in 2nd week oct, the 2nd infopass lady said that the name? cleared on oct 4th? and that the file went to origional officer who interviewed us. The lady who stamped the passport said that the whole case was approved on Oct 20th. So I guess your guess will be as good as mine. anyway if you count oct 20 from oct 4th and give a couple give and take days; you should get your case approved by oc 31st. make infopass for 1st week of Nov. The case status changed to card production same day of Oct 26, I didn't get e-mail from CRIS though.

Thanks allswell, goodluck on SS, that is least of my worries coz my wife doesn't have to work :)

allswell,
I already had my SS#.
Also, did yal know the DORA program had ended?
"The DORA program was recently expanded beyond Dallas to include El Paso and Oklahoma City. From USCIS’ perspective, what are the major benefits of the DORA program? Is USCIS considering expanding the DORA program beyond the current three locations?
Response: Federal Register Notice published September 21, 2006, that expanded the District Office Rapid Adjudication (DORA) Pilot Program also set September 21, 2007 as the termination date for the pilot; and after careful consideration USCIS decided to not extend the DORA Pilot Program and ended the program on September 21, 2007.
The DORA processing model’s reliance on same-day interviews at the time of filing presented inherent vulnerabilities that were not offset by gains in efficiency or customer services. The DORA pilot did however demonstrate the value in screening applications at an early stage and as a result, USCIS has expanded its’ screening activities at the National Benefits Center. USCIS continues to pursue opportunities for greater up-front application review at NBC and the USCIS Lockbox."

I got this from http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/AILAQandASept2007.pdf

Just to update everyone, My wife's card came in mail. It was mailed on Nov 2nd out of Missouri. I was out of town and dont know the exact date that it might have made it home. Thankyou all and Goodluck everyone.

congrats abbas123, i scheduled another infopass on 11/19. I hopeto get the same answer as you and allswell. Just another question, did u go to the one on southbound 35 for infopass (not the dora office), correct?

He makes all things beautiful in His Time. 102 days after my RD, my application got approved today! I got the approval email from CRIS, and my I 485 got updated online. Also my I 130 which never showed up online suddenly appeared saying approved! I'm so happy! I was getting a little bit uneasy; I've already turned down one job offer since my approval was delaying. Although my second job offer was willing to wait until i got approved, I was hoping my name wasn't stuck in the multiyear year Name Check thing.
I pray my physical card appears soon! First thing Monday God willing, I'm calling the relocation company
Thanks all for your help, support and advice.

7/24/07 (Day 00) DORA Interview @7:45am
7/30/07 (Day 01) RD I-485; RD I-130
8/24/07 (Day 25) MO cashed
8/27/07 (Day 28) ND FP
9/22/07 (Day 54) FP @ ASC
11/9/07 (Day 102) Approval Email for Both I-485 and I-130

Nc

Time Line EB3

Please advise how and where we find NAME CHECK clearence information.

I-485,I-765 and 131 Sent to TSC August 7TH,2007
I-140 AD 08/12/0
All RD 8/8/07
All ND 10/01/07
Finger Print Notice Date 10/09/07
Finger Printing on 11/06/07
I-131 Approved on November ,2ND,2007
Finger Printing done on 11/6/2007

Heartiest Congratulations Noincident.
abba114, you have to go to 8101 N stemons freeway, I may have the number wrong, but its the main office not the one that you went to for your DORA. I hope you get the fruit of your patience as well on your next infopass..
billofempire....the only way you can check wheather your name was cleared is to make an infopass.
Goodluck all.

Thanks abbas123
abba114, I don't know if this will help or not, you can write to Lee's summit and inquire about your case. I wrote a letter to them and got a reply a week later. it looks like once your background check is cleared, NBC sends your case back to the Dallas office for final approval. Their reply to me was dated November 7 and it said my case was transfered to the Dallas office, 2 days later i got the approval email.

Thanks noincident,
Can you share with me what you wrote on your letter exactly?
And who use I address to on the envelope? (To: XXXXX, Address: XXXXX)
I hope you can write me in time today so I can send my letter out.
Thanks in advance

I told them i wanted to know the status of my application since i haven't heard anything from them. I just gave the receipt numbers and a week later i got a reply from them. if your case has already been transfered to Dallas, then the delay is probably coming from the reviewing officer in Dallas. The address I used was the Lee's summit address given on the receipt notices for the I 485 and I 130. I don' think the post office is working today though

thanks noincident, I'll FedEX to them overnight. So it took them a week to reply back to you and 2 days you got your approval. Very nice

abba114, I guess noincident is right. I guess you said that on your last infopass they had said that your cae was for final review, which means that Lee summit doesnt have to do anything with it anymore and you would probably benfit more from another infopass which you already have scheduled. I guess your case is lying around there in Dallas as well. In my wifes case; per them the file was complete on Oct 5th and it took the officer in dallas another 15 days to approve it on Oct 20th. The rest is upto you.