DORA Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment

i Received my physical green card yesterday 10/19(no more USCIS till may 2009).i`m thanking everybody who contributed to this thread.It was very helpful.
abba114 and abbas123 i will always have you guys in my prayer.keep hope alive ,it will definitely come to pass.God Bless

my time line

07/02/07-- Filling and interview date
07/09/07--(day1) RD I-485 and I-130
07/18/07--(day9) ND I-485 and I-130
07/23/07--(day14) NOA FP
08/01/07--(day23) LUD I-130(only visible in my logged in portfolio and on case status it says case received and pending)
08/07/07--(day29) FP@ASC(11.00am)
08/07/07--(day29 LUD I-485(only visible in my logged in portfolio and on case status it says case received and pending)
10/09/07--(day92) infopass(email from Chris and on line status changed to card production ordered)
10/12/07--welcome letter received
10/16/07--Current Status: Approval notice sent.
10/19/07--(day102) physical Greencard received GLORY BE TO GOD

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations allswell,
I'm very happy for you as well and thank you for your prayers. Hope you see you on the forum again when we apply for our citizenship.Good luck to all of us who are still in pending status.

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME

hi noincident
If u did not receive the 70 days letter ,don`t wait .just make the infopass appointment right away and see whats going on with u case.don`t wait for the 90 days to be over.i`m telling u out of experience

hey,
for those who already recieved their gc already, can you tell us where do they send the card? From NBC (Missouri) or from Dallas DO?
thanks alot.

noincident, I guess you need to check back with them cause atleast they should be able to tell you the reason why its pending. if you read the forum, they lost allswell file and if its pending for name check, then they should send you the 70 day letter saying you are eligable for EAD or AP.

abbas123 thanks for your concern. I'm giving it this week, if nothing changes I"ll make an infopass appointment again early next week.

noincident,
I agree with abbas123, you should go ask if your name is cleared by FBI or not. BTW, any updates with you, abbas123?

No abba114, I am going to dallas on friday to apply for AP for my wife and check on the status once again. Most likely they will repeat the same story of waiting again. On both infopass appintment I encountered officers who probably did not know too much about the whole process cause the first one said that my wife will get greencard in 2nd week of Oct and the 2nd one said that she needs to wait 90 more days from october 4th for the officer to take action on her case. If no action is taken then she will make an inquiry. It has been about 130 days since DORA interview. I am pretty sure that my wife has same situation as allswell, her file is sitting there with everything complete; and they need to see whats inside but no one makes that effort to get up from their chair and find out; when I go there with infopass. Good luck to everyone.

Good Luck abbas123, tell us what happen after you come back. If somehow you get them to complete your case on the spot, then I think I'll try my luck again next week. Sometimes I think the people like us would make up better immigration policies and run a better congressional committee. Just because we know how it feels like going thru the process instead of those heartless rich politicians. Just a thought, I have no intend to run for any office....hahaha

abba114, I'll vote for you. This is the country of and for the immigrants. Those who oppose us are scared of our talents.

Here is another thought of the day.
The purpose of DORA program is to adjust the status within 90 days after the initial interview. But then why do we need to wait ANOTHER 90 days after our names are cleared by the FBI? The intent of this program is to eliminate the backlogs; would it make more sense to approve a case right after the name check is cleared so that statistic will show a significant improvement?

Hi abba114, my wife got I551 stamped today on her passport. Her case was approved on oct 20,2007. They did the same thing as allswell, the lady told me that her I-485 was approved and then located the file and later stamped her green card coz my appointment was to apply for advance parole for her travel, so saved $305. She also said that she was ordering the green card andthat we should recieve it in 2 weeks. Oct 4th was when the file was completed and went to the officer who had initially interviewed. Good luck abba114 and noincident. I will continue to include both of you in my prayers.