• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Does this mean it is over? DV2016

Hi guys, I confirm that there are some winners :) :) :) I just checked the number of a lucky winner in Morocco :). But I noticed that there is 84 000 selectees this year which mean 32,8% less people than last year (the number was 125 000) Is it a permanent change? :(

Hi guys, I confirm that there are some winners :) :) :) I just checked the number of a lucky winner in Morocco :). But I noticed that there is 84 000 selectees this year which mean 32,8% less people than last year (the number was 125 000) Is it a permanent change? :(
Regardless, only 50k visas will be issued. I guess less people will be disappointed this time?

You are right, but the probability to be picked is this lotterry will became smaller. being picked is already pretty rare ... :eek:
That is true.
I have been going through the threads and some past winners had won with high CN numbers, and no interviews.
Even after winning, it is still based on luck. And plenty of forms.

Britsimon, you were truly fantastic as always. You figured it all out approx. 1,5 days sooner than DoS. They should offer you a job as DV2017 program IT director. Congratulations to all the winners all over the world!

Lol no then he would have to move to Kentucky :eek:

It changes every year, they use some estimate that looks at previous years' response rate, issue rate etc.

You are right, but the probability to be picked is this lotterry will became smaller. being picked is already pretty rare ... :eek:

Almost unanimous response from people who were picked with too-high case numbers has been that they would have preferred not to be selected at all.

Almost unanimous response from people who were picked with too-high case numbers has been that they would have preferred not to be selected at all.
Thank U for your response, What do you mean by a high case number? I am sorry it's just the second time I try I don't undersand how case numbers impact in the lottery. Thank U

Thank U for your response, What do you mean by a high case number? I am sorry it's just the second time I try I don't undersand how case numbers impact in the lottery. Thank U

The higher your case number, the longer time you'll have to wait to have your interview.

So if you waited longer, there is a possibility that they will issue the 50,000 green cards before your turn come up, thus they will cut you off. As a rule of thumb, the smaller the case number, the better chance you will have your interview earlier and hopefully your GC too :)

The higher your case number, the longer time you'll have to wait to have your interview.

So if you waited longer, there is a possibility that they will issue the 50,000 green cards before your turn come up, thus they will cut you off. As a rule of thumb, the smaller the case number, the better chance you will have your interview earlier and hopefully your GC too :)
Thank U ! :) :) :) Then we should wish for a better luck in the lottery & having a nice case number too :D

Can't do it Vladdy. Just. Can't. Do It.

Mind you, did you see my "job offer" from Obama's buddies. That would have me in Washington DC for a few months. THat isn't too bad (great city).
I just finished checking it !
You are taking it as a joke, I say you can really make it in there ....
We will even amend the constitution to elect you president :D

I just finished checking it !
You are taking it as a joke, I say you can really make it in there ....
We will even amend the constitution to elect you president :D

LOL - my wife was saying apply - great experience. But I won't fit in well. I tend to be a little "bold" at work - I like things to get done, no dicking around. And this is like a bunch of interns who will get upset when I shout at them.

PLus they couldn't afford me.

PLus the weather would suck in winter (and Mrs B would be grumpy)

Plus I'm building a house.

Plus I think they were being humorous....

LOL - my wife was saying apply - great experience. But I won't fit in well. I tend to be a little "bold" at work - I like things to get done, no dicking around. And this is like a bunch of interns who will get upset when I shout at them.

PLus they couldn't afford me.

PLus the weather would suck in winter (and Mrs B would be grumpy)

Plus I'm building a house.

Plus I think they were being humorous....
All right simon!
Than stay in la , and live a rock star life :)