• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Does this mean it is over? DV2016

Yeah even if no winners showed up yet there are winners somehow out there.
In my case i keep getting "not selected" every time so ... i might recheck to be sure in a week
and i will keep going on with life and reapply next year :)

No it means they have no idea..... so I replied!View attachment 475
Hilarious! It impresses me that those responsible for all this mess are this ignorant.

What you are saying in the Facebook comment makes perfect sense. Also as you said, all they have to do is try one of the winning number in 30 seconds and then they will know. it is fairly easy and simple test.

As frustrating as it is repeatedly getting this "session timed out" messaging (still am as of just checking again a few mins ago) and not even knowing for sure what the status of my entry is, you do have to have a laugh about the whole thing! :) I hope they see your comment, BritSimon!

Seriously, it looks like a certificate issue. In all likelihood they are checking from computers which are on the intranet.

They just check their database back-end without checking the front-end.

I can't believe they don't have some test confirmation numbers to login and test with.

They just check their database back-end without checking the front-end.

I can't believe they don't have some test confirmation numbers to login and test with.
Very true.....and I am very sure the issue when resolved will also include some NON SELECTED ones to change to SELECTED ONES......this is my blind believe ;)

If serious. I think they broke the base of the winners. If they hide, then the error is serious and requires a new draw.

They only need a new draw if the old draw did not meet the specifications, as in 2012. Not if its just a notification issue.

They only need a new draw if the old draw did not meet the specifications, as in 2012. Not if its just a notification issue.
If there are no old or it is completely in error.
What to do then? 1) recovering 2) new draw, if not help. I am inclined to the worst case.
I really hope this guide will discharge from the lottery for negligence .

If you have information about waste, fraud, abuse or mismanagement involving programs or employees of the Department of State or the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), please submit it to us via the online forms as appropriate, below:
We would like you to think carefully about the allegation and the information you have available that can help us determine whether mismanagement or criminal conduct has been committed. To process your allegations, we will need you to provide as much information as possible regarding the suspect and victim. Your information should include:
  • Who committed the wrongdoing (person, company or organization)?
  • What exactly did the individual or entity do?
  • Where did the activity take place?
  • When did it happen?
  • How was the activity committed?
  • Do you know why the person committed the wrongdoing?
  • Who else has knowledge of the potential wrongdoing?
Without sufficient information we may be unable to act on your allegation. The more information you can provide, the better chance we have of determining whether any wrongdoing has been committed. We are very interested in the information you have to provide regarding waste, fraud, abuse, mismanagement or misconduct in DOS programs. https://oig.state.gov/hotline

I think a couple of calls and letters to the hotline will bring them to their senses.:)

If serious. I think they broke the base of the winners. If they hide, then the error is serious and requires a new draw.

Sloner that is silly. YOU more than anyone else should know by now that 2012 was a special cases and this is NOTHING like 2012.

Oh wow - serious deja vu of this conversation with Sloner...

If you have information about waste, fraud, abuse or mismanagement involving programs or employees of the Department of State or the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), please submit it to us via the online forms as appropriate, below:
We would like you to think carefully about the allegation and the information you have available that can help us determine whether mismanagement or criminal conduct has been committed. To process your allegations, we will need you to provide as much information as possible regarding the suspect and victim. Your information should include:
  • Who committed the wrongdoing (person, company or organization)?
  • What exactly did the individual or entity do?
  • Where did the activity take place?
  • When did it happen?
  • How was the activity committed?
  • Do you know why the person committed the wrongdoing?
  • Who else has knowledge of the potential wrongdoing?
Without sufficient information we may be unable to act on your allegation. The more information you can provide, the better chance we have of determining whether any wrongdoing has been committed. We are very interested in the information you have to provide regarding waste, fraud, abuse, mismanagement or misconduct in DOS programs. https://oig.state.gov/hotline

I think a couple of calls and letters to the hotline will bring them to their senses.:)

Doing something wrong (because they are idiots) is not the same as wrongdoing.

Sloner that is silly. YOU more than anyone else should know by now that 2012 was a special cases and this is NOTHING like 2012.

Oh wow - serious deja vu of this conversation with Sloner...
I do my intuition tells. Remember my post on 25 April 2015.