• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

do we have allways to travel together

zolpo

Registered Users (C)
Just received the visa :D :D :D

There is an annotation "valid only if Acc/FTJ Spouse". (My wife won...)

OK. i understand that in our activation trip I have to join my wife or come after her.

But I have two more Q.

Right after our activation trip I return ALONE to US, so my wife will stay outside US.

1. Is it possible, or must I ALWAYS enter US only if my wife there, or with me?
2. If I can travel alone, is it only after I will receive the permanent Green Card, or even just with the visa/stamp I have in my passport. (Usually, GC come 4 - 6 weeks after activation trip)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Only for the very first trip. After you got your stamp at a POE, PA can return home and forget about their green card, you do not care any longer.

Has anyone with a "Valid only if acc spouse" on their DV, travelled without their spouse soon after the first entry? That is, has anyone used the temporary green card stamp on the original visa to leave and re-enter without their spouse even though the initial DV said "spouse required"?

I understand that once the physical green card arrives then the "only if accompanying spouse" drops away but I'm concerned about the ability for us to travel separately with only the temporary stamp.

Last edited:
Has anyone with a "Valid only if acc spouse" on their DV, travelled without their spouse soon after the first entry? That is, has anyone used the temporary green card stamp on the original visa to leave and re-enter without their spouse even though the initial DV said "spouse required"?

I understand that once the physical green card arrives then the only if accompanying spouse drops away but I'm concerned about the ability for us to travel separately with only the temporary stamp.
Once you activated your GC with the principal applicant, you are no more longer required to be with him/her if you feel to travel in and out !
The visa on your passport is just as good as the plastic GC for a year. With or withou the principal applicant.

I understand that main applicant can travel alone, and family members can follow and enter later as soon as main applicant is already "activated",
or should all applicants travel together for the very first time?

I understand that main applicant can travel alone, and family members can follow and enter later as soon as main applicant is already "activated",
or should all applicants travel together for the very first time?

Main applicant and derivatives do not have to travel together in order to activate LPR status. The main applicant is free to enter the U.S. ahead of the derivatives and they can also enter together. The only thing not allowed is for the derivative to enter ahead of the principal selectee.

Sometimes the main applicant and derivatives do have to travel together. Our visas have "charge to spouse's quota" on them, so we have to travel together (at least at first).

Sometimes the main applicant and derivatives do have to travel together. Our visas have "charge to spouse's quota" on them, so we have to travel together (at least at first).

I'm assuming in your case, the principal applicant cross charged to the spouse's country of birth. correct?