December 2009 family based filers, post here

Hey,

With our interviews coming up, I found a page on the USCIS website that states which offices are closed for the day due to weather or other conditions. You really have to dig for this page. As we all know USCIS 800 customer service is useless on this matter and doesn't know anything. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=050d6c94d87c6210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD The way to find it is - About Us - Where we are located (on the left hand side) - Field Offices (on the left hand side) - Field Offices Closings (on the right hand side)

Our interview is also on Wednesday. We got our notice a month ago, and it feels like we just got it also. I just want to get this thing over with.

All field offices are expected to open today. Good luck to those who have interviews today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is 03/01/2010
Did you receive your green card ?

Our interview is on Wednesday. Tracer (if I am not mistaken) has the interview today.

I posted the information regarding no field offices expected to be closed today since there was several in NJ that where closed on Friday due to the snowstorm. About a week ago there had been reports of a coastal storm in the mid-atlantic region coming on Wednesday, however it now looks like the force of the storm is going out to sea.

Hello All, I recently became USC and my spouse is still waiting for GC thru EB3, waiting for visa numbers to available. Should I apply I-130 now so that my spouse does not require to wait in line for Visa numbers to get GC? If so, can we use existing EB3 I-485(AOS) redirect to I-130 filing or should we file separate I-485?

can someone help me on this question?

Green Card just came to my mailbox today!!!!!! Finally, this application finally came to end. waht a relief..I am starting a new chapter....

Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h
Jan 27th Received EAD card on the mail
Jan 28th Applied for SSN
Jan 30th Received Interview Letter for March 1st, 2010
Feb 5th Received SSN
Mar 1st Interview - PENDING

We got the RFE today and they asked for the tax return for the most recent year filled to to the IRS for the joint-sponsor.
what do you guys think,should we send to them another form i-864 or just to send the a copy of the filled tax for the most recent year,
we previously submitted the W-2 but at that time the tax hasn't been filled.i guess we should only submit what they asked,
so we do not confuse who is receiving the documents.thanks i need you guys reply urgently.

realcool1:

Give them exactly what they want. Joint's 2009 return. Send it back asap.

First green cards :) One pending(should be approved real soon)

More interviews this week....wishing you all lots of luck and positive results...:)

realcool1:

Give them exactly what they want. Joint's 2009 return. Send it back asap.

First green cards :) One pending(should be approved real soon)

More interviews this week....wishing you all lots of luck and positive results...:)

they ask for joint sponsor most recent filled tax.so just the tax returned should be sent

Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h
Jan 27th Received EAD card on the mail
Jan 28th Applied for SSN
Jan 30th Received Interview Letter for March 1st, 2010
Feb 5th Received SSN
Mar 1st Interview - PENDING

May I ask why the interview is pending?

Hi dhlunar,

Our interview went great this morning, officer asked for our DL's, birth cert., passport and marriage cert. He asked for all the evidence and I gave him copy of my husband's life insurance, joint car insurance, dental insurance and eye insurance. Besides asking for my personal information such as name, last name date of birth, etc... he only asked us how we met. He flipped though our pictures very quickly.
But when he got to the yes and no question, things slowed down... I have a dismissal conditional to be cleared out with court. He asked me to bring this document back once it's ready so they can proceed with my case. I will do it next Monday.
I got confused at some point. He stamped a huge red APPROVED in one of our files but told us the case is pending until I bring this document. He gave me the info to mail it to the uscis and he also suggested me to walk in to the building and try to get the secure guard to let me in even without an appointment. I am considering doing that but also considering getting an info pass. How long does it take to get the info pass?

approved!!!

our interview was at 9:30am and we got there at around 9am. they must be really busy that day because they were running late. we got called in at around 11:15am. during the wait, we've been noticing that they are separating some of the couples. we noticed this only because some couples will be called in then after a few minutes, one of them will go back to the waiting area to wait for their spouse. we sort of got worried that they will be "grilling" us but thankfully everything went well. it took only about 10 minutes or so. as we enter the IO's office we took the oath, then the officer asked us for our ID's and asked us casual questions about our wedding. we've been married for a year and half already, so maybe that helped. but anyway, he then asked for joint documents - we gave him our joint tax returns (2009 and 2008), bank statements, life insurance and health insurance. he then asked if we have pictures and we showed him the photo album that we brought - it included pictures of our wedding, our engagement pictures and just random photos throughout the years that we've been together, all in all around 200 photos. he was very impressed with the fact that we had a lot of family at our wedding. he then said that he is approving our case and that was it!

i wish everyone the best of luck and i am hoping and praying for all of you to have easy interviews and swift approvals. =)

they ask for joint sponsor most recent filled tax.so just the tax returned should be sent

realcool1,
I would send them the 2008 W2 and tax return. If your co-sponsor has already filed for 2009's taxes, then go ahead and include them in your packet. I know they usually look for three years tax papers. That's what i included in mine. I gave them 2006, 07 and 08 tax information. That way they don't have any reason to be sending me RFE's.

Good luck