December 2009 family based filers, post here

VandiRussell

Registered Users (C)
I'm compiling all of our paperwork, we started in October but due to circumstances out of our control we're just getting to send in the paperwork

We are USC W filing for H, sending I130, 1485, 1-765 AND I131, self done, lawyer fees ranged from $3000-$5000 :eek:

Any other self filers?

Hi,

my husband (american citizen) and I (visitor) are filling all the paper by our own after we got married....it takes time but it doesn't look impossible to do it! We are just worried about missing something! Hopefully we'll do right!

We are filling I-130, I-145, I-765, I-131.
we hope to be ready to send everything on Monday 7th!

We just started

Hello all,

We just filed our AOS package yesterday, December 4. I am a USC filing for my husband. Hopefully everything will turn out okay :eek:

Good luck to all of us!!!

I sent the paperwork priority mail today! I hope I did not miss anything.

F&F It was a lot of paperwork, I checked and rechecked so many times to make sure I had everything requested

Hello Fam. I just want to take out the time to thank everyone on this site. You'all were very instrumental in preparing for this. After a long process, i have finally mailed out my package today. Now the waiting game begins...

Sent I130, I485, I864, I765, I131 for my wife by express mail on Friday, Dec. 04. Delivered and signed on Dec 07.

Following VandiRussell's lead here are my timelines

Hey folks,
myself and my wife will hopefully have all forms sent on Friday, lets hope for acceptance rather than a send back! :)

Status check

Ok now that i have mailed the packet. My next question is, when will i have access to check my status online, and how do i go about doing so?:confused:

Ok now that i have mailed the packet. My next question is, when will i have access to check my status online, and how do i go about doing so?:confused:

You will receive a notice in about a week or so. That will contain the receipt number.

With the receipt number you can go online and check the status. Sometime it takes a while for your case status to be available online.

Just look at the online case status as an extra feature. If it is there use it. If it is not check your mailbox :rolleyes:

I just sent my package off today, hopefully everything was filled out right and will get my GC quickly!

Last edited by a moderator:
You will receive a notice in about a week or so. That will contain the receipt number.

With the receipt number you can go online and check the status. Sometime it takes a while for your case status to be available online.

Just look at the online case status as an extra feature. If it is there use it. If it is not check your mailbox :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot danromeo. I am soo anxious it's ridiculous. I'm hoping this goes as smooth as possible :D

I know the feeling :)

You just need a lot of patience which, I know, is not compatible with anxious :)

Good luck !

I overnighted both my wife's petition and my sisters petition (byher husband) yesterday and it already reached today. They were both in the same fedex pouch my wife's with money orders and my systers with a check for $1365 that covers the $355 for the I130 and the $1010 for the I-485 and the finger print)

Hope all is well.

Where do I get the signature with the timeline?

licey71,

On top of the page look for Quick Links --> Edit Signature --> you can put your details....

Good Luck with the process. Thanks, Raj

I overnighted both my wife's petition and my sisters petition (byher husband) yesterday and it already reached today. They were both in the same fedex pouch my wife's with money orders and my systers with a check for $1365 that covers the $355 for the I130 and the $1010 for the I-485 and the finger print)

Hope all is well.

Where do I get the signature with the timeline?

licey71,

On top of the page look for Quick Links --> Edit Signature --> you can put your details....

Good Luck with the process. Thanks, Raj

Thank you Raj!! I thought you guys had like a spreadsheet program or something that I had seen in the past where you would put the info.

We had one and will find the one but in the mean time if you would like to create one similar to the below link and you can use that for Dec'09 filers...this is the one that is used for Nov'09 filers from Visajourney.com. In VJ it is maintained by Istanbulls.....

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnESOeBIH93tdHV3LW9YTHk1SzhYTWxUTkVWaC1tdlE&hl=en

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=226790&st=150&gopid=3532461&#entry3532461

Hope this helps....Good Luck..Thanks Raj

Thank you Raj!! I thought you guys had like a spreadsheet program or something that I had seen in the past where you would put the info.

How long is it taking for family based GC's to be approved.
I am a USC who filed I-485 for my wife. The I130 has already been approved.

Sent the entire packet of forms with the necessary evidence via Priority Mail today. The clerk at the Post Office said that it should be in Chicago on Monday or Tuesday. When should we be receiving our NOA with the receipt number? Also, we filled I-130 and I-485 together, so will we get one or two receipts number? Oh, I forgot to mention that my wife works for an International Organization so she is here on a G type visa. We had to fill out more forms and include proof with those because of her visa status.

Last edited by a moderator: