CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

hens4rth said:
I don't think thats correct because my RD date is April'05 and I had LUD
Have you taken any steps to find out why you've been on hold since Apr 05? And if yes, do you mind sharing your experience for us? Thanks.

dkgdkg said:
My guess on LUD: one or more of following:
1. Case is approved prior to 31 JUL 2006 and they just updating database now. (EB2 India is U starting 1 AUG 2006)
2. USCIS received response from FBI name check on these cases.
3. Medical checkup expired and they are sending notice to get new medical checkup
4. Transferred to local office
5. Transferred to other SC
6. RFE sent

Let's wait and see !
I didn't know medical exams expire too. So just to summarize, as long as our namecheck is pending; we have to file/do

EAD---------------------Yes-------$180+photo
AP----------------------Yes-------$170+photo
FP----------------------Yes-------Local service center does this one.
Medical Exam-------------?---------?
I-94--------------------- ?--------Any comment

each year.

Anything missing? Any comment?

Thats what I'm concerned too..do the Medical Exam results expire?
It costed me about $700 in NJ when I took these last year..

tantan said:
I didn't know medical exams expire too. So just to summarize, as long as our namecheck is pending; we have to file/do

EAD---------------------Yes-------$180+photo
AP----------------------Yes-------$170+photo
FP----------------------Yes-------Local service center does this one.
Medical Exam-------------?---------?
I-94--------------------- ?--------Any comment

each year.

Anything missing? Any comment?

ronniin said:
Thats what I'm concerned too..do the Medical Exam results expire?
It costed me about $700 in NJ when I took these last year..

It looks like medical exams are valid for one year. However, I downloaded this memo some time ago and it says something different. Have you guys seen this before?, any comments

qwerty1111 said:
one possibility might be, they are shipping our cases out into the middle of the pacific on a leaking drawboat

I would rather be happy if they transfer our cases to TSC. I see that TSC is moving very fast with approvals and currently processing Jun 2006 cases.

(Somehow it looks like that Texas has better approval rates at all stages of GC processing. My LC was approved by the Dallas BRC in July last year whereas some of my friends are still stuck in philadelphia BRC. California proved to be extremely slow and they didn't even send me the LC receipt for more than 18 months).

PD: Dec 2000 CA EB3
I-140 AD: Feb 2006
485 ND: Mar 2006, LUD: Jun 16 2006, Jun 17 2006, Aug 15, 2006 (family only).
EAD/AP AD: Apr 2006
Biometrics: Jun 2006

IMHO, something happened at CSC in May 2005.
It used to be the fastest SC but slowed since last May.
It went into virtual "hibernating" mode from May to August, 2005.

Then in September 2005, CSC went berserk and spitted out
massive I-140 approvals and FP notices. This "berserker" mode
lasted a few weeks and then got into this slow mode since then.

Right now, CSC is very mysterically moving monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to post an off-topic query here but does anyone here know if we can start our own business while on EAD and waiting for I-485 approval?
Any URL's to these kinda discussions would also be helpful.
Thanks and sorry for posting this in this thread.

Here is my details
EB1 (OPR)
I-140/I-1-485 concurrent (for me and family)
RD 27 Sept 05
ND 3 Oct 05
RFE on I-140 and I-485 March 2006
Responded RFE in June 2006
I-140 approved in July 2006
LUD on I-485 on 15 and 16th Aug 2006
Waiting!

ronniin said:
Sorry to post an off-topic query here but does anyone here know if we can start our own business while on EAD and waiting for I-485 approval?
My quesation too?

Any update people?

azamani123 said:
with EAD we can not have own business but we can have part time job. I have read this in some document I will try to find it out.

Who Says so ??

You can own business even without EAD or Green Card, for Owning no Visa required, for working in it, yes you need EAD.

ronniin said:

Yes You can start / own business while you are on H1/EAD/I-485 pending etc. If you want to work for your own company you will need EAD or Visa Transfer as long as your job profile will be same / similar.

But if you are continuing your Job (same / similar to LC) & starting business in side it can be of any nature.

gp111 said:
Yes You can start / own business while you are on H1/EAD/I-485 pending etc. If you want to work for your own company you will need EAD or Visa Transfer as long as your job profile will be same / similar.

But if you are continuing your Job (same / similar to LC) & starting business in side it can be of any nature.
Thanks gp111 for stopping by. Very helpful as always.

Any news people on post 'mass-LUD'?

It will be a month next week that I filed for AP/EAD renewal. Got the EAD renewal receipts last week. The $180 check was cashed two weeks ago (almost 10 days after filing date). But the $170 check for AP has not been cashed yet.

Is there anybody out there from May to Aug 2005 485 filers that got 485 approval recently? I guess even if there is, s/he wouldn't be here to respond to the call...

tantan said:
Thanks gp111 for stopping by. Very helpful as always.

Any news people on post 'mass-LUD'?

It will be a month next week that I filed for AP/EAD renewal. Got the EAD renewal receipts last week. The $180 check was cashed two weeks ago (almost 10 days after filing date). But the $170 check for AP has not been cashed yet.

Is there anybody out there from May to Aug 2005 485 filers that got 485 approval recently? I guess even if there is, s/he wouldn't be here to respond to the call...

No updates from my side ... not that I expected anything special. There are no visa numbers available for EB2/India, so I don't think my file would be even touched.