CSC H1B extension-After first 3 years, 220 days since filed

Approved after 263 days.. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello people,
And all those tracking my case and yours too.

Finally I got my h1b extension approved after a long time of 263 days.
I am all waiting to head back to work & file i485 in July.

God be with us and bless all!

AZTEK: I will reply to your query. Luks like you are safe yet. but will write to you in the morning. IT is 1:15 am now. so..

AZtek and Glolbal -- Answers to your queries

Hello,

AZTEK: 240 day rule.
That is when you have applied for visa extension and if your i94 expires, you are legal to stay & be working in country until 240 days since date of i94 expiry.

GLOBAL:
My case f 263 days is since applying for h1b extension. But if it had been since expiry of i94 one must leave the country if approval is not yet done within 240 days.

However i my case, I was out of country since Jan. I did a contract project in India for 3 months and was still waiting to get the h1b extension.
While this was my case -- dont take it that you can go out of country when h1b extension is under process.

THERE IS A RULE/LAW THAT STATES THAT WHEN YOUR H1B EXTENSION IS UNDER PROCESS AND IF YOU LEAVE THE COUNTRY THEN IT IS DEEMED THAT YOU HAVE ABONDONED (am i right with spell?)!!!, YOUR H1B EXTENSION REQUEST.

And there is no specified process on what to do if they stop h1b extension process. Meanwhile being in India I had called USCIS customer support many times and told them I am out of country and need status on my h1b extension application. The officer explained to me the above rule - and did mention that she will not keep a note on my case that I am out of country. How courteous of her.... --- They say, it is your Karma. You do good and you get back good. I am just thankful that officer and GOD.

The story does not end here. I will get back to US and start another Chapter -i485. Lets hang in there.

Cheers.

congrats !!!

wow! so u finally got it !!!

glad to hear ur waiting is over. so the line is moving - though slowly.

And thanks for explaining the 240 days rule. Appreciate it.

Hello,
=============
AZTEK: 240 day rule.
That is when you have applied for visa extension and if your i94 expires, you are legal to stay & be working in country until 240 days since date of i94 expiry.
=============
THERE IS A RULE/LAW THAT STATES THAT WHEN YOUR H1B EXTENSION IS UNDER PROCESS AND IF YOU LEAVE THE COUNTRY THEN IT IS DEEMED THAT YOU HAVE ABONDONED (am i right with spell?)!!!, YOUR H1B EXTENSION REQUEST.
============
Cheers.

Confused with above two rules....

After expiry of I-94 beyond 240 days, we should not live in country....

During the extension process, if we leave the country then we are violating the extension rules......

So, after expiry of 240 days if we don't get extension approval then what to do??? live in country or leave the country...

Did I miss understood the rules?

What are the options beyond 240 days, if the extension is pending without any RFE???