CSC H1B extension-After first 3 years, 220 days since filed

Narend

Registered Users (C)
My visa extension was filed in Sept 06. The 797 and my I94 expired on Dec 1st 06.
I had to travel to India during Jan this year and I did, and now cannot get back to US till I get visa. Mid Jan USCIS sent an RFE on my case. My company responded in FEB 07 and I got an email stating case has been resumed.
After 60 days I called the USCIS and got to know that it is still under process and they asked me to call in another 30 days? That is due on May 15th and I will call.

Meanwhile I want to know from people here, Can I send a formal reminder to USCIS or my company send a formal reminder? If we can, is there specific form or process?
Also is there a possibility for me to file a transfer+extension from another employer?

I would like to hear a decision whether pass or fail. If they deny, I can appeal. So that is better than them just prolonging.

Please advise. I am Still Hopeful :)

Last edited by a moderator:
you can upgrade it to premium process with extra fee($1000). They should come back within 15 days.

You can file another H1 from another company.

USCIS in money making business????????

Hello,
After having waited 7 long months it sounds just not right for me to spend $1000 which I could very well have done long ago if that is the case.

So USCIS is forcing me to pay? :rolleyes: So they are getting into unfair money making business. Damn!

ha hahah.. getting another h1 from a new company now? That is a joke, cause it is now done through a lottery. Just wonder when (485 filing from PD)Green Cards are going to be made lottery as well.

Forcing?

Narend,

No one is forcing you to pay. You talk like someone put a gun on your head asking you to pay 1000 bucks. There is a provision for expedited processing for an extra fee of $1000, people who have the money can take advantage of that. Its like overnight shipping through fed-ex/ups. I dont see you guys complain because fed-ex did not deliver your package overnight even when you didnt pay for the overnight delivery. There is a lot of things money will get you my friend. So if you have the money to spend on Premium processing do so or else please dont complain.

No, Its only trying to get the best of both worlds.

Hello Devar,
Thanks for pointing out, your concern and suggestion. Agreed and taken.

Lets see, if Fed-ex does not delivery overnight, do you go to them pay more money(if u had an option, which u dont anyways), and ask them to delivery right then? No it does not work that way! right.
The point is I have already spent all the time and now going to pay the money. And if USCIS then does it work, that prooves it is into money making biz. Else they must just give me a decision in their own set terms. That is 60 working days from time of application. They haven't, I understand they are humans too.

Meanwhile, the other point I am cool with it, cause I have equally good deal here sitting in India. I found a contract job in southern India. Nice work, good monthly rates and all expenses paid (food, accomodation, airfare from home-Bengaluru). So I dont mind if they take their time and I wouldnt pay money to get it quick. Except that I want to have h1b and get it stamped. So You know if needed I can use it. Have best of both worlds... hehe.

Enjoy man, take it cool. I do too.

same boat no paddles

I am going through the same thing. My H1 8th yr extension was filed oct 2006 and its may 10 2007 and its still pending after an RFE and the RFE was replied to sometime in APRIL. What makes it worse was my wife is india now and she cant come back into the USA. I waited for so long and might as well wait for the next few months instead of shelling out 1000 bucks.

Hmm. njoying life?

Hello Devar ji,
So that tells it all. You wanted to get back to your bachelor life and that is why you sent your wife to India while you are staying there working(njoying)? :p . Behenji ko milne do, I will tell her your plans.
If you really want, you can come back too and return if you get your h1 extension.

Anyways, this H1B life sucks. It is like a pleasure through pain :( , You cant live with it, nor without it.
So what I did is, I sent a email reminder to USCIS and surprising an officer has responded :D. Let us see if this works +ve or turns out to be my big Mistake. Will keep you posted anyways.

(I am not telling you to send email and get messed up too. Wait till I get any further updates from them. Generally they take a week to respond emails. )

RFE Sucks!

Hello Devar ji,
So that tells it all. You wanted to get back to your bachelor life and that is why you sent your wife to India while you are staying there working(njoying)? :p . Behenji ko milne do, I will tell her your plans.
If you really want, you can come back too and return if you get your h1 extension.

Anyways, this H1B life sucks. It is like a pleasure through pain :( , You cant live with it, nor without it.
So what I did is, I sent a email reminder to USCIS and surprising an officer has responded :D. Let us see if this works +ve or turns out to be my big Mistake. Will keep you posted anyways.

(I am not telling you to send email and get messed up too. Wait till I get any further updates from them. Generally they take a week to respond emails. )

Well, my initial plans was to enjoy my bachelors life for about 4 weeks, cos my wife was scheduled to return sometimes in feb 07 (if my h1 extension was to go through without rfe hell) but hey you cant control that, its been 4 months. what can i do? go to bars and movies and clubs ya know.

So which service center did you go through and if you dont mind me asking what was your rfe about? mine was all about company, took my company over 2 months to get all documents together. Looking at you with no case updates for more than 3 months, its scares the hell outta me now. Well for now I am keeping my eyes and ears open with my fingers crossed. That much I can do. Good luck my friend.

Devar

Hi Narend,

Did you get your extension by now?
Mine is similiar case, Applied on Nov 29th...Still waiting :(

Any solution?
My employer says I cannot upgrade it to Premium becoz the case has already opened....

Hi Narend,

Did you get your extension by now?
Mine is similiar case, Applied on Nov 29th...Still waiting :(

Any solution?
My employer says I cannot upgrade it to Premium becoz the case has already opened....

Madhu8,

You can convert your opened petition to premium processing by using your receipt number and paying $1000.00. I did like that for my extension. Basically USCIS will convert your non-pp petition to premium processing when you send I-907 form and $1000.00. Hope this helps.

Thanks mgkadiri..

Small doubt...
I got an email saying they got response to my RFE on May 21st and case processing has resumed..Can I still convert to premium processing?

Yes

Yes you can convert it now, in fact this is when you actually upgrade to PP. My case is similair to Narend and USCIS received the response to my RFE on the May 11 2007 and till now nothing has happened. So my company is applying for PP sometime this week, hopefully.

My Case converting to PP... Sent req on Jun 12th. .

Hello people,

I am still waiting and finally my company decided to go for PP. They have sent the request on Jun 12th.

Interestingly this morning has been a great development w.r.t. i485. all Job categories for all countries are CURRENT. Just go for it.

-------------ND.

Pp?

Look who is going for PP. My company sent my PP request on Jun 11 and my status havent updated yet. Do you know when usually the PP receipting happens? I have waited 8 months for a 12 months extension (8th year). Isnt that crazy?

Got to do, what you go to.. when you can!

Hello,
Now another story.
We sent our PP application on Jun 12th itself. Earlier whenever an application reaches the online case status would reflect the changes. But now even to this day after I tracked the courier delivery to CSC on Jun 13th, but I dont see update to my online case status.

What the *&*7Damn%*^*& are they doing?

OK. Now need to be prepared. So what happens if they come back saying Rejected. Can I appeal? Any thoughts to this...

Isnt your Deadline fast approaching?

Hello Devar,

Considering the 240 day rule and your extension filed since 8 months 20 days, Luks like your deadline of 240 days of I94 expiry is fast approaching. Are you within 2 months mark of that time? Cool, you can now get back to your wife :p

Also I think USCIS needs help in their IT dept. The case statuses are not being updated on time. They might be short of skilled workers. How do I go about bidding to get this work outsourceD???????

H1 Hell

Hello,
Now another story.
We sent our PP application on Jun 12th itself. Earlier whenever an application reaches the online case status would reflect the changes. But now even to this day after I tracked the courier delivery to CSC on Jun 13th, but I dont see update to my online case status.

What the *&*7Damn%*^*& are they doing?

OK. Now need to be prepared. So what happens if they come back saying Rejected. Can I appeal? Any thoughts to this...

Narend,

I got an update Jun 15 2007 about 2:00 PM CDT saying that "Request for Premium Processing" and about 9:00 PM CDT I got another update "Case received and pending". Dont know why the second update happened. Is this the usual process?

My 240 day will be completed by Jun 28 2007 and thats the reason my company went for PP. Well approval or denial, either way its ok for me, cos I am sick and tired of this waiting bullshit. To answer your question, yes you can file a MTR if you get denied. It takes about 1-2 years to reach a final decision after MTR is filed. I am about half prepared in case my H1B is denied, sell all the stuff and go back home. Its not simple as it sounds but hey a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

whats this 240 days rule?

Hello Devar,

Considering the 240 day rule and your extension filed since 8 months 20 days, Luks like your deadline of 240 days of I94 expiry is fast approaching. Are you within 2 months mark of that time? Cool, you can now get back to your wife :p

Narend,

can you please tell me what this "240 days of I-94 expiry" rule is about?? My 7th yr H-1 expired in April this year. My employer had filed for H-1 ext in March and haven't heard anything from UCSIS California center yet.