Conversion from BEC to PERM

Finally, My conversion got approved

My lawyer sent an e-mail today that he received my approval with BEC priority date. Good luck to you all on your labor certification journey.
Thx,
21sticon.

Last edited by a moderator:
21stIcon said:
My lawyer sent an e-mail today that he received my approval with BEC priority date. Good luck to you all on your labor certification journey.
Thx,
Gana.

Great news buddy. Congrates.

Is it worth it for me to convert?

Hi,

My case is with Dallas BEC. My PD is Aug 2003, and I am an EB2 Regular Recruitment. I have tried to digest the differences between PERM and what I am doing right now, but I am still unsure about whether I should switch. My lawyer tells me it might speed things up, but it might not, and that it is my choice.

Any help is much appreciated.

How wonferful news!

This is the time that we need news like this most. My BEC case was withdrawn 2 days ago, if I can follow the same path, I can get LC certified in 2 months.....imagine that.....

21stIcon said:
Thx,
21sticon.

21sticon wrote:

Congratulations and thanks for your update. Can you please post the exact time line from BEC withdrawal to PERM approval. My case is similar to yours.... EB-3; PD Oct 02; BEC case was WITHDRAWN last Oct. 20.

crammm said:
Congratulations and thanks for your update. Can you please post the exact time line from BEC withdrawal to PERM approval. My case is similar to yours.... EB-3; PD Oct 02; BEC case was WITHDRAWN last Oct. 20.

Hi crammm,

When did you apply for your Perm conversion?

Today one of my friend got

his perm approved. His was EB2 he applied it on NOv 6 and it was not a

conversion case.

When did you apply for your Perm conversion?
Today one of my friend got his perm approved. His was EB2 he applied it on NOv 6 and it was not a conversion case.

I applied for PERM conversion on Feb 27, 2006.

LABOR timeline

BEC PD 01/07/04 --->EB2/TX/RIR
PERM Conversion Filed on 02/07/06
45 days letter received on 05/16/06, responded in 2 weeks
Dalla BEC withdrew on 10/13/06
PERM approval received on 11/07/06 @ mail

Conversion PERM approved.

After almost 10 months wait, my conversion case is finally approved today. I hope it retains my old PD. I guess I will have to wait for the official letter to check on that.

After almost 10 months wait, my conversion case is finally approved today. I hope it retains my old PD. I guess I will have to wait for the official letter to check on that.

Cerruti... Could you please tell us the details of your case? Was your case withdrawn from the BEC? when? Thanks.

crammm said:
Cerruti... Could you please tell us the details of your case? Was your case withdrawn from the BEC? when? Thanks.

Yes, my BEC case was withdrawn on Sep 27, 2006. So it took nearly two months to get certified.

IT looks like there is no use of just fighting on retrogression alone you have to raise the voice against FBI Name check delays which is also taking 1 - 3 years.

Issues:
a) Labor BEC - 3 years
b) I 140 - 2 weeks to 1 year
c) Retrogression - Typically will stop you and you might have to wait for 6 months to 3 years
d) New thing - FBI Name check (under 485) is taking around 1 - 3 years

Conversion approved

My PERM application status turned "certified" on PERM system on 11/22, and my lawyer and I have good reason to think it is approved with original BEC PD (I didn't change job, job description was pretty much copied from original ETA 750 filed in 2001). We are waiting for hard copy certification to arrive but meanwhile preparing for concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485.

:D

PERM Conversion Certified

I have been a silent observer of this forum and found it very helpful. My conversion was finally earlier this week. Here are the details.

Original : EB2, CO, 8-02
45 day received and replied: Jan 06
Perm Conversion Filed : 9/11/06
BRC case withdrawn : 11/08/06
PERM Certified : 11/22/06

Still waiting for the hardcopy. I am hoping that the original priority date has been retained as the job description was a cut and paste from the old application.

relieved now

My lawyer told me he received hardcopy of LC aprooval on 11/24 (2 days after online approval). It is indeed original PD of 2001, so I am relieved for now.

I have been waiting for it for 5 years and now it is here. See you probably in I-485 thread. Wish everyone here good luck!

clbd said:
My PERM application status turned "certified" on PERM system on 11/22, and my lawyer and I have good reason to think it is approved with original BEC PD (I didn't change job, job description was pretty much copied from original ETA 750 filed in 2001). We are waiting for hard copy certification to arrive but meanwhile preparing for concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485.

:D

clbd said:
My lawyer told me he received hardcopy of LC aprooval on 11/24 (2 days after online approval). It is indeed original PD of 2001, so I am relieved for now.

I have been waiting for it for 5 years and now it is here. See you probably in I-485 thread. Wish everyone here good luck!

Hi clbd,
Did you apply your PERM under EB2 orEB3? How about your original

application in 12-2001?

life_w/o_gc said:
Hi clbd,
Did you apply your PERM under EB2 orEB3? How about your original

application in 12-2001?

As indicated in my signature, it is EB2. My understanding is that you cannot change job requirement from BEC case to PERM, if you want to keep original PD. That means EB category (EB2, EB3) cannot be changed when you refile under PERM. My original application filed in 12/2001 was automatically withdrawn on 11/08. Good luck.

any applicants with a mid-october filing date for PERM conversion?

Thanks for everyone's status update. This is giving better predictiblity of when our cases are going to be processed.

Have anyone filed perm conversion between October 10-15 this year?
If so, did your BEC case get withdrawn yet? If so, when?

Mine was filed on October 11 of 2006, so far it still displays in process from the BEC, and of course, in process for PERM.

EB2, CO
PD: 06/2002

PERM Conversion approval...

Have been watching the thread for a while. Had to come in and tell everyone what was going on to keep someone's hope alive..

EB2/Non-RIR/CA
PD:Oct 2004
Was stuck in Dallas BEC.
Filed for PERM conversion: 10/13/2006
Withdrawn: 10/23/2006. The lawyer never told me.
Certified: 11/30/2006 with original PD. Got an email from the Lawyer today. I haven't seen/gotten the physical approval yet.

That's all I got. I don't think I've left anything out. You may ask a question about dates and I'll reply. I don't know much details about the process itself, only what I've read here on the forums.

-Shock.

luckyz said:
Thanks for everyone's status update. This is giving better predictiblity of when our cases are going to be processed.

Have anyone filed perm conversion between October 10-15 this year?
If so, did your BEC case get withdrawn yet? If so, when?

Mine was filed on October 11 of 2006, so far it still displays in process from the BEC, and of course, in process for PERM.

EB2, CO
PD: 06/2002

Hi luckyz,

where can we check our PERM status? Do you know any link? if so

could you please make it available? Thanks .