Conversion from BEC to PERM

p76 said:
My conversion case was approved today.

RIR -PERM EB2
PD: Feb, 2004

FYI
Hi ,
Can pls give us full detials like ..
When your conversion is filed and steps we need to take to for the conversion?
Thanks

fining under perm while waiting for PBEC

Hi,

I’ve a question about applying for PERM. I’ve a pending case in PBEC with PD of 06/2003 from MA state. I’m planning to apply for PERM. My question is, if my PERM case gets approved then can I apply for 140 and then once/if PBEC approves my old case, can I retain the priority date from the old PBEC case? I’ve seen some postings about retaining the old priority date after applying in PERM. Not sire how this works. It will be great if you can share some info. Thanks in advance.

Jom.

PERM Cost Involved

Hi,
Does anyone have a rough estimate, as to what is the cost involved in filing Labor Certification under PERM..?

Just a rough idea, if you or anyone you know has gone through the process?

Thanks

Hello I am new on this thread.

My attorney has advised me to file for perm while retaining my priority date of 10/2003 eb2 CA -NonRIR.

I am currently on an 8th year extension. My extensions in have been based on the pending labor application. Which will get withdrawn once I refile.

Has anyone under these circumstances gone in for a perm refiling retaining the PD?

Thanks,

Canonrir

PERM conversion approved

My lawyer just informed me of the receipt of PERM approval notice.

RIR-PERM conversion
PD: March 2004
PERM conversion filed: Jan 17, 2006
Notice of withdrawal of original RIR received: Feb 10, 2006
PERM approval received: March 28, 2006
processed in Pilly BEC.

It seems that the DOL is picking up the pace for PERM conversion cases.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their PERM conversion expenrience here. I found it very useful.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
jn_tsau said:

RIR-PERM conversion
processed in Pilly BEC.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their PERM conversion expenrience here. I found it very useful.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats!. Were you able to keep the PD of March 2004?

Can you please provide some more details

I am also planning to convert mine from RIR to PERM. My PD June 2004.

EB2 or EB3?
If EB2 Your degree B.S or M.S?

Mine B.S +5 years filed under EB-2.

jn_tsau said:

RIR-PERM conversion
processed in Pilly BEC.

Good luck to everyone!

jn_tsau said:
To LALOO_PRASAD:

Mine is EB2, PhD+ 1 year experience

To shibujoys:

Yes I am able to keep my PD of Mar 2004
Can you please share some detailed information about your case? For example, do you need to do additional recruitment before the conversion is filed?

Can I re-apply under Perm and convert old priority date of already approved labor??

Hi!-
My labor & I-140 are approved under EB3 with priority date of Oct/2003.
Can I re-apply under EB2 for perm and after approval convert the priority date to old?

[My labor & I-140 are approved under EB3 with priority date of Oct/2003.
Can I re-apply under EB2 for perm and after approval convert the priority date to old?]

I think you can. Check with some good lawyer.There has to be new job requirement asking for EB2 credentials. You start new LC based on that and move forward to 140 stage using old PD.

Relation between audit/reject in PERM?

Does DOL audit the company every time they reject an application from the company? If I have one application in backlog center and one filed in PERM (with the same job description), and if my PERM application gets rejected, what are the chances that my old application in backlog center will clear? Also, what might be the reasons for rejection of an application?
Any help is highly appreciated!
Thanks!

Interesting question

dbar said:
Does DOL audit the company every time they reject an application from the company? If I have one application in backlog center and one filed in PERM (with the same job description), and if my PERM application gets rejected, what are the chances that my old application in backlog center will clear? Also, what might be the reasons for rejection of an application?
Any help is highly appreciated!
Thanks!
Interesting..I thought these 2 were unrelated but maybe thats not the case..

Appeal after rejection

My attorney is telling me that she cannot appeal if my conversion case gets rejected. Is that true?
Thanks.

non-RIR conversion to PERM

Yyang18,

Any word on your conversion to PERM ?

My non-RIR 4/2001 MI is stuck in DBEC. I am wondering if applying to PERM will be any faster. Currently I am on my 7th year H1-B.

Can I apply to PERM with a different employer?

My current company is downsizing (estimated 3000 lay-offs). Is PERM an option ?

Any infor will be extremely appreciated,

Thanks, xman_74

yyang18 said:
File date: Non-RIR EB2 11/2002 IL
no reach region level
No 45 DL
Dallas backlog center

I am going to convert my traditional labor to PERM process this month.

Per my analysis on some Dallas backlog data, here are some findings:

1. They are focusing on processing the cases filed during 11/03 - 3/04
2. They are focusing on processing the cases which replied 45 DL during 1/05 - 5/05
3. Only one Non-RIR was approved, therefore, they are focusing on processing RIR case now
4. according to the number of certified cases from 11/05 to 1/06, they speeded up the case process. Again all of the cases are RIR.

Let's assume the backlog center can finish data entry before 6/06, but what about 45 Day letter? How long take them to complete this job? Maybe the answer is the end of 2006. My case will not be process until 2007

If I file conversion case 2 months later (April, 2006) and Chicago PERM center takes 6 months to aprove my conversion case, then I still will get the aproved labor before Oct. 2006.

Any comment?

Conversion to PERM. H1-B 7th, 8th year extension. DBEC

Meera Maria,

Can you share some knowledge on your situation? I am on my 7th year. My PD, MI, April 2001 is stuck in DBEC. I am wondering if at this point in time I can switch companies and start a new PERM.

Thanks,

xman_74

Meera Maria said:
hi gurus,

please advice me on filing or conversion to perm.

I am on my 8th year extension with the PD MARCH 2003 RIR EB3 with the PBEC filed under company A.

I have got a new job offer from company B. please advice me on the following questions.

1. Is it possible for me to change my H1b to company B, while i am on my 8th year extension.?

2. If Yes is the answer to Q.1, can I apply for a perm, retaining the old PD with the pbec.?

gurus, please advice me.

thanks in advance,

post a job ad interally now

Hi,
Our company is posting a job ad internally and may be the coming sunday newspaper too for the perm conversion.

It took about 4 months to reach this step, and kind of frustration. What can you do when you work for a huge company.

I guessed it may not ready to file perm conversion until July, 2006 based on our HR and attorney's working pace.

Personally I think if your non RIR case did not reach to regional level before transferring to backlog center, then it may worth to convert the pending labor to perm. But it also depends on your company's working pace and attitute. If they process your case like our company, then it may not save you too much time because all backlog cases will be processed within a year or two.

Long story in short, if your company starts the conversion process now and can complete the filing no more than 4-5 months, you may worth to try.

Regarding filing a new perm with other employer, I think you definitly can do that if you do not mind spend several thousands dolloars legal fee. It always safe if there is a backup. The another drawback is that you can use the old priority date if you file a new perm with another employer. I filed perm for my wife and she got approved in Jan. 06

Good luck and have a nice weekend.

xman_74 said:
Yyang18,

Any word on your conversion to PERM ?

My non-RIR 4/2001 MI is stuck in DBEC. I am wondering if applying to PERM will be any faster. Currently I am on my 7th year H1-B.

Can I apply to PERM with a different employer?

My current company is downsizing (estimated 3000 lay-offs). Is PERM an option ?

Any infor will be extremely appreciated,

Thanks, xman_74
;)

Sorry, miss a key word "not".

The another drawback to filing a new perm is that you can not use the old priority date if you file a new perm with another employer.

yyang18 said:
Hi,
Our company is posting a job ad internally and may be the coming sunday newspaper too for the perm conversion.

It took about 4 months to reach this step, and kind of frustration. What can you do when you work for a huge company.

I guessed it may not ready to file perm conversion until July, 2006 based on our HR and attorney's working pace.

Personally I think if your non RIR case did not reach to regional level before transferring to backlog center, then it may worth to convert the pending labor to perm. But it also depends on your company's working pace and attitute. If they process your case like our company, then it may not save you too much time because all backlog cases will be processed within a year or two.

Long story in short, if your company starts the conversion process now and can complete the filing no more than 4-5 months, you may worth to try.

Regarding filing a new perm with other employer, I think you definitly can do that if you do not mind spend several thousands dolloars legal fee. It always safe if there is a backup. The another drawback is that you can use the old priority date if you file a new perm with another employer. I filed perm for my wife and she got approved in Jan. 06

Good luck and have a nice weekend.

;)

In the same boat

Hi Guys,

Presently, my labor is with PBEC on RIR (since Nov2004). I'm trying to re-file labor in PERM . Just wondering if I can re-file in PERM without withdrawing the labor application from PBEC?.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

BEC to PERM conversion with EB2

I today applied for conversion to PERM and hope my lawyer will file the application by next week. My original RIR was with 5/2002 date under EB2. I have Bachelors with 20 years experience and RIR was advertised as Masters with 3 years or Bacherlors with 6+ years.

Today my lawyer told me that when I convert to PERM, it is not sure that I will remain under EB2 as under PERM BE2 / EB3 is decided entirly different way. He also informed that when PERM will be approved, at 140 level we (My company) will have to specially write to request for EB2 status giving specific reasons about expected job and still chances of getting EB2 status are not sure.

Due to Priority date and visa quota limitations EB2 has become important for me as i am allready in 8th year of H1.

Has anyone seen this before ???

Thanks